Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're an OT believer?
Of course. It's the written Word of God.
Jesus answered the PHARISEES - those whom He called the HYPOCRITES - "an evil and adulterous generation demand a sign". So what are you?
I'm just a Bible believer.
IN this <NT> era of Jesus Christ you boast that you are part of?
I didn't "boast" anything.
You demand <any of them ... NT perfectly clear Sabbath COMMANDS...?> YOU HYPOCRITE,think Jesus gives you other signs, but signs He is under obligation to provide your evil and adulterous generation with? You will perish with your generation without a sign and without a covenant and without mercy or forgiveness. Go on, shout at the Giver of every good gift from above to oblige you, you <NT> prideful derelict!
So you don't know any Sabbath commands in the NT? I believe name calling is against forum rules.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you don't know any Sabbath commands in the NT? I believe name calling is against forum rules.
Straight talk is not against forum rules.
You simply CANNOT give an honest answer for the faith which supposedly should be in you.
Tell for once for everyone to know where you stand : DO YOU BELIEVE THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY OF THE LORD GOD : YES, OR, NO.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straight talk is not against forum rules.
Well I'm not gonna stoop to your name calling tactics, so have your fun while you can.
You simply CANNOT give an honest answer for the faith which supposedly should be in you.
Tell for once for everyone to know where you stand : DO YOU BELIEVE THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY OF THE LORD GOD : YES, OR, NO.
Already answered. I don't know of any Sabbaths COMMANDS in the New Covenant, and evidently neither do you. But Jesus certainly mentioned the subject.

Colossians 2:16
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

Amen Jesus, I won't.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you don't adhere to the whole counsel of God and reject anything that doesn't perfectly agree with your viewpoint... doesn't prove gentile Christians are instructed by the Lord to observer Saturday sabbath.
Here is the post again. maybe this time you will actually address the points made?

No stretch the grammar is clear. There is no argument against it.

Verse 21 starts with the word "for". As you know this means that the reason for what is about to be said is about to be shared. Then in verse 22 the word "and" starts the sentence. This as you know means what is about to be said is a continuation of what was previously stated. From that point verse 23 begins with the word "then" and so forth to verse 31.

Here is the original post again, please take the time to read it again.

Many Christian denominations make a division in Matthew 24. There is no division in Jesus' answer to the three question in verse 3.
Verse 20's praying that our flight not be in the winter nor the Sabbath is connected to all of it my friends by the use of the conjunctive particles, for, and, for. wherefore, for, for and, and respectively. This means that Jesus expected His follows to be keeping the Sabbath until His return. And the adverb "then" in verse 24 shows us that what is about to be said relies on what was previously stated. Verse 26's use of the particle "wherefore" shows us that what is about to be said is connected to verse 24. The context also makes this apparent. Then with the continuous use of the particle "for" in verses 27 and 28 coupled with the particle "and" in verses 30 and 31 we are shown what is about to be said is directly connected to what was said the whole way back to verse 4 actually. So as was said Jesús expected and therefore expects His follows to be keeping the Sabbath up through the destruction of the Temple through the tribulation prior to and up to His Second coming and the gathering of the elect from the four winds, from one end of Heaven unto the other.

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Matt 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Matt 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Matt 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matt 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matt 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You comment right here makes you a transgressor of the Law of Christ.

Anyone who attempts to work on the Finished Work of God in Christ is a transgressor of the Law.

This is what you do not understand and yet God told you in Exodus 31:12-17
You have not addressed the points of the post you responded to. Here it is again. Please address the points of the post.

Matt 24 shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming through the grammar. Which you are choosing to ignore. And now in reference to Hebrews 4 you speak of grammar?

2 rest in Hebrews 4 not one. The rest which is the Gospel and the seventh day Sabbath rest. They are not the same.
How do we know?
The works for the Gospel rest were finished from the foundation of the world. For God had rested from all His works. Which include the rest which is the Gospel according to verse three's usage of the word although. It says that He spake in a certain place. The only time the Seventh day was spoken by God was on Mt Sinai in the giving of the Commandments.
Verse 5 says in this again. In this again what? In this again He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into His rest which is the Gospel.
How does He speak?
Verse 9 and 10 tell tells us. It says there remains therefore a Sabbath Keeping to the people of God. For He that has entered in His rest which is the Gospel also in addition to this rest Also ceases from his own work as God did from His.
As God did from His is a direct comparison. Did God enter into the rest of salvation in Christ? No!

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God. (Footnote: aThe Greek word is sabattismos, which means Sabbath-keeping.)
Heb 4:10 For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as God rested from His own.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our rest not the Sabbath or Sabbath rest of God. No where in Scripture does it say Jesus is our Sabbath rest. Nor is it implied.
It is all over scripture.

You religion has blinded you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not addressed the points of the post you responded to. Here it is again. Please address the points of the post.

Matt 24 shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming through the grammar. Which you are choosing to ignore. And now in reference to Hebrews 4 you speak of grammar?

2 rest in Hebrews 4 not one. The rest which is the Gospel and the seventh day Sabbath rest. They are not the same.
How do we know?
The works for the Gospel rest were finished from the foundation of the world. For God had rested from all His works. Which include the rest which is the Gospel according to verse three's usage of the word although. It says that He spake in a certain place. The only time the Seventh day was spoken by God was on Mt Sinai in the giving of the Commandments.
Verse 5 says in this again. In this again what? In this again He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into His rest which is the Gospel.
How does He speak?
Verse 9 and 10 tell tells us. It says there remains therefore a Sabbath Keeping to the people of God. For He that has entered in His rest which is the Gospel also in addition to this rest Also ceases from his own work as God did from His.
As God did from His is a direct comparison. Did God enter into the rest of salvation in Christ? No!

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God. (Footnote: aThe Greek word is sabattismos, which means Sabbath-keeping.)
Heb 4:10 For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as God rested from His own.
Willful blindness.

Hebrews only speaks of One REST = the Gospel

If you add to the Finished Work of God in Christ you transgress the commandment.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willful blindness.

Hebrews only speaks of One REST = the Gospel

If you add to the Finished Work of God in Christ you transgress the commandment.
That does not answer the post it just states your opinion with no objectivity, The fact that you can't should sound alarms off for you.

How do we know?
How does He speak?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well are we going to mix it up a bit…Some of the biblical dimwits might try to be in the Old Covenant and the New Covenant at the same time even though Christ warned against it..

Mark 2:21-22
“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; otherwise the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear results. “No one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins as well; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins.”

But some are really really slow learners. But they can be humorous…..

Some of the biblical dimwits might sell their daughters as sex slaves as in concubines.

Some of the biblical dimwits might have multiple wives.

Some biblical dimwits might consider engraved images as taboo.

Some biblical dimwits might get circumcised in accordance with the Old Testament.

Some biblical dimwits might abandon the Lord’s Day in favor of the Saturday Jewish Sabbath. But few will know the restrictions of the Sabbath or observe them.

Some of the biblical dimwits might quote the Mosaic Law but few of them know or understand the Mosaic Law.

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4

You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Galatians 3:1-5

If you cannot understand the New Covenant it is probably best for you to convert to Judaism.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are modern day Pharisees attempting to uphold the law under Moses.

That's "Brother Pharisee" to you (or so I was lead to believe).

@amigo de christo @Truther @BarneyFife @Brakelite @Cassandra @Phoneman777

A BIG Beautiful Diamond of TRUTH has been deposited here for us to SEE. = the Blessed HOPE Diamond

The Holy Spirit working in and thru @Ziggy opened my eyes to SEE even more of Christ in the Word.

i fully knew that Genesis speaks of our LORD Jesus Christ, especially the 7th Day on which God rested.

But this was another 'BEHOLD' moment of the Glory of God = from @Ziggy Post #2,950

Only God can make things Holy.
We can't keep anything.

There was no evening or morning created in the seventh day.

Gen 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:1
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

But we do have a seventh Day.
Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

There is no night in that day.
The seventh day is only Light(JESUS).

How do we know this is TRUTH and not man-made?

Here is how we Know = 1 John 1:5 and John 12:35

This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you,
that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.

Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the Light is with you.
Walk while you have the Light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the Light, believe in the Light,
that you may become sons of Light.”
These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and was hidden from them.

HalleluYAH x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to INFINTY

But with this overwhelming Scripture evidence that there was no evening and morning re-"created" 6 days after it was originally set in motion—the very (7th) day after creation was ended—what choice do I have but to follow on to the cave with the rest of the doomed children of Hamelin?

"Night and day" is the same as "evening and morning" which, if as you claim, there was none "created" on the 7th day, then the 7th day contained no light.

And with hermeneutical leanings like this you will be swept away by the most amateurish of deceptions.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, why be here then?

Hi, thanks for the encouragement.

Shallow waters are easily discerned.

Well, rapid-fire shallow waters can have a similar effect as deep ones. You'll see, I guess.

I was born and raised in Harrisburg. Went to school at CD Vo-Tech

I married into Central PA. I'm a Navy brat. Met my wife (from Lebanon) while we were serving in the Air Force in the mid '80s. We live about 25 miles from Ashland these days. ;)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4
Plus many more such virtually identical declarations by grail hunting Roman Catholics and other Dispensationalist Antinomians claiming for themselves the Divine Judicial Authority of God Himself, AS IF THEY - YOU - CAN SEVER FROM CHRIST OR REFUSE OR HAND OUT GRACE, in other words, AS IF YOU ARE GOD.
"God is not mocked."