Why On Earth Would You Be Mean To Someone... ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that about says it all.

Why would anyone be mean because -someone is a Democrat or a Republican or an Independent?
Why on earth would someone come back onto someone with anger and insults - because they think Jesus didn't exist?
Why be mad at someone because they think Ford is better than a Chevy?
Why would someone be insulting because they think differentely than you? I don't get it? If you are a Christian, that is.

Now, I can understand if someone is not following Jesus' words --I guess that's it - if love, patience, peace, satisfaction, joy is not
in your heart - then what is? Ego?
Self-righteousness? Pride? Insecurity? Fear?
That must be why someone would get so offended, then defensive and abusive to another, that is not hurting you in any way - but just sees things differently!
And respectfully -no less.

I would expect this from a drunk or a child. But, on a Christian forum? Where questioning guests are reading here?

By mature adults? And Christians? Knowing the words of Christ?

I guess I got it off my chest...thank you...Miss Hepburn.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
mrss h the ones that argued with jesus where the ones who thought they knew it all and thought they were more righteous than all the others,but they also were the ones that stired up all the trouble.and when he told them their faults they tried to kill him.so watch out they might try to throw you off a clift.then rejoice for christ sake they did it to him. :rolleyes: the word has set us free.never argue with a brother or sister just point or draw in the sand.

Reactions: gregg

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just point or draw in the sand.

I can picture it as a bumper sticker being sold in the back of the churches with all the tapes. :)

Reactions: gregg

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Well, that about says it all.

Why would anyone be mean because -someone is a Democrat or a Republican or an Independent?
Why on earth would someone come back onto someone with anger and insults - because they think Jesus didn't exist?
Why be mad at someone because they think Ford is better than a Chevy?
Why would someone be insulting because they think differentely than you? I don't get it? If you are a Christian, that is.

Now, I can understand if someone is not following Jesus' words --I guess that's it - if love, patience, peace, satisfaction, joy is not
in your heart - then what is? Ego?
Self-righteousness? Pride? Insecurity? Fear?
That must be why someone would get so offended, then defensive and abusive to another, that is not hurting you in any way - but just sees things differently!
And respectfully -no less.

I would expect this from a drunk or a child. But, on a Christian forum? Where questioning guests are reading here?

By mature adults? And Christians? Knowing the words of Christ?

I guess I got it off my chest...thank you...Miss Hepburn.
The truth I have personally have come to realize is that no one is perfect. We all are living in the flesh and we fail in many areas where Christ has succeeded. We will at times still get mad or argue with people and insult others for not totally agreeing with our view point or opinion on a particular subject. That is where the work of sanctification comes in.

Another thing I have recently come to terms with that I think is very helpful depending how you look at it is this, when you behave in a mean way or treat someone nasty or maybe you get angry at someone and even yell at them over something such as a small disagreement, you might tell that person, "Sorry, I am just not acting like myself today". What I have come to realize is the way you acted in that moment reflects your character of who you really are. You see, most of the time things are going are way and things work out the way we plan them. As a result, we will have a positive attitude. What I have noticed is that as soon as something doesn't go according to plan, your true self will come out. Your true character of who you really are, the very center of your being, the essence of what is really in your heart, will be exposed.

Now I'll give it to you, sometimes we really will act out of character when things get really out of control like you lose your job or have an injury, but what I am talking about is when small problems occur such as your late for work or you didn't have time to eat and your starving or you forgot your hw assignment that is due today. How you act and treat others in those moments will often times determine just how much of Christ you reflect as a Christian.

Actually, just today this happened to me. My family decided they wanted pizza for dinner and I know how to make pizza really well so I volunteered to make it. So I made the dough and stretched it out into the pan and as I went to put the toppings on I noticed I began to at first get flustered because I couldn't find the things I was looking for and I was working in a crowded area of the kitchen and I accidentally put the wrong kind of cheese on the pizza and things were not going very smoothly. I really wanted it to turn out good so everyone including myself could enjoy this pizza. That frustration soon turned into anger and before I knew it I started to yell about it and throw things around a little bit.

I had to stop because I realized that I wasn't reflecting Jesus Christ and it just bothered me. I allowed myself to become bitter and angry when I should of been loving and patient. It made me realize that I am still in the flesh and the spirit of God has laid desires on my heart to want to be like Christ but there will be times where we fall short.

I just think that this is an important thing to realize. We fall short of His standard in so many ways and I know what you mean by what you posted. We should all strive to allow Christ to be reflected by are character. The worst thing that can happen is for a non believer or a false professing christian to see a christian acting in such a way that causes them to feel justified with the way they are living because they see that you are no different than themselves. We are to be the salt of the earth. Let's let Christ shine brightly through us in everything we do.

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
I think this explains it:

Jeremiah 32:30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the LORD.

It's our nature to do evil. ( or be cruel )