Why the Lord Comes on earth: To Inherit and Rule the nations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animal sacrifices were "never" offered as an act of praise! They only had one purpose and that was for the temporary atonement for sins of the individual or the nation of Israel because w/o the shedding of blood there was no remission of sin. Why haven't christians been doing so for the past couple of millennia if it was proper? Jesus became that blood atonement for us thus eliminating the need for them. Jesus wouldn't honor an animal sacrifice made unto him because that is not the acts of praise he desires. Here are some verses: Isaiah 1:11 (NLT) "
“What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?” says the LORD.I am sick of your burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fattened cattle. I get no pleasure from the blood of bulls and lambs and goats." Hosea 6:6 - "I don’t want your sacrifices—I want your love; I don’t want your offerings—I want you to know me." "For You will not delight in my sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." (Psalm 51:16-17) Mark 12:23 - "And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Matt. 9:13 - "Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” Heb. 10:4-10 - "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, ( It's God that did away w/ animal sacrifices) that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." There are more but I think you get the gist. Why would you want to do something that God hates and despises and that he doesn't want? The whole purpose of Christ's coming was to do away w/ the need for animal sacrifices. The only reason one would continue to do so would be in the hope of elevating themselves and not God and purposely going against the will and desire of the Godhead. The millennia rule of Christ will continue to be by love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. The law and sacrifices will never return. But don't listen to me, it's God and Jesus in those verses talking, listen to them!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are going to teach something as truth of Scripture, and not just speculative opinion, then yes it is absolutely necessary to do so, and provide certain proof of Scripture for it.

Especially, if we are going to do away with certain prophecies of Scripture, as well as speak of blasphemy for not agreeing with us.

This is simply adding judgment to opinion.

Those who reject His Millennium do the same, when they in like manner declare there is no reason for any Millennium at all, and an incredible waste of time and life.

And they will continue to die. Natural flesh is never immortal, but only made so in the resurrection of the dead unto life.

Which does not include animals, but only souls of men.

And the Lord God was never an animal rights activist with His living creatures.

Your deal, which was mine, but I no longer hold to.

Unless Scripture plainly says offering burnt sacrifices to the Lord Jesus Christ is a sin, then it is not a sin, and will not be in His Millennium on earth.

Like circumcision of the flesh, not necessary to be right with god, but not sinful in itself.

Until that proof is provided, there is no reason to disanull certain prophecy of scripture, and cause any prophet of God to be made a liar.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

False prophets are identified by God, as those who make specific prophecy, and it never comes to pass.

If anything in the prophets, including Ezek 40- does not come to pass as prophesied, it is false prophecy.

Trying to supply theological excuses for it, does not counter the truth of it being false prophecy.

If all in Ezek 40- does not come to pass exactly as written, then that prophecy is false.

There is no picking and choosing parts of prophecy to believe or disbelieve. Prophecy is taken as a whole, or rejected altogether.

And since you say you don't need Scripture to prove your arguments, then of course it's a waste of time disputing anything with you.

I only argue from Scripture, not about opinions.

By disannulling animal sacrifices made to the King on earth, you are simply teaching another kind of millennium to your own personal taste and liking.

There are those that profess belief in Christ's Millennium, but they say it will be without the Lord and His saints on earth, in immortal resurrected bodies.

The Millennium reign of Jesus Christ on earth will be with resurrected immortal bodies of Himself and His saints, will be for a thousand years, and will include burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin unto Himself, by His natural priesthood of Hebrews and Jews.

However, the Levites outside of Zadock will only be keepers of the gates, and not allowed to come near to the King to do the priest's office.
Ez. 40+ isn't as much of a prophecy as it is a conditional promise for the generation alive at that time. When Israel fulfills the conditions, many of the promises will be kept, but it will be for a generation that is no longer under the law, so some of it will change, just as our position regarding the law has changed.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so, there is no Scripture here showing animal sacrifices to the Lord God, will be a sin in His Millennium.

It will not be a sin nor transgression against His law, until such a law is provided by Scripture, and not just by man.
Animal sacrifices were "never" offered as an act of praise!
Meaningless. No one says it is.

They only had one purpose and that was for the temporary atonement for sins of the individual or the nation of Israel because
It was a temporary stay of punishment. No Scripture says the blood of bulls and goats ever gave forgiveness to the people.

It was only done for the errors of the people, that they not be punished. Not being punished outwardly, is not being forgiven inwardly.

w/o the shedding of blood there was no remission of sin.

This applies only to the blood of the Lamb.

By bulls and goats, the angel of death would not punish, but pass over.

Now by the the Lamb, we are not just passed over, but washed clean.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Why haven't christians been doing so for the past couple of millennia if it was proper?
Because it is not necessary, and has nothing to do with being proper.

By asking such a question, you now rely on tradition, and not Scripture.

The tradition is a good matter of conscience, not to be offering animal sacrifices unto the Lord, but it is not condemned as sin by the law of Christ.

I will eat no meat, drink no wine, be not circumcised, nor make burnt offering, if it offend the conscience of my weaker bother.
Jesus became that blood atonement for us thus eliminating the need for them.
True. There is no need, nor law against it.

Jesus wouldn't honor an animal sacrifice made unto him because that is not the acts of praise he desires.
As you said, it's not an act of praise.

Here are some verses: Isaiah 1:11 (NLT) "
“What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?” says the LORD.I am sick of your burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fattened cattle. I get no pleasure from the blood of bulls and lambs and goats." Hosea 6:6 - "I don’t want your sacrifices—I want your love; I don’t want your offerings—I want you to know me." "For You will not delight in my sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." (Psalm 51:16-17)
Exactly, those offering anything to the Lord from an unclean heart, is no pleasure for Him.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Burnt offerings even of our own bodies, is nothing without charity and faith of a pure heart.

God is not condemning the animal sacrifices He commands to make, whether in the law of Moses, or in His Millennium on earth.

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, ( It's God that did away w/ animal sacrifices) that he may establish the second.
True. It is taken away as by law, to be part of His covenant, even as circumcision of the flesh.

Ezekiel prophesies He will have them both again for His natural priesthood on earth.

If that does not come to pass, then Ezekiel is a false prophet:

And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them. (Ezek 33)

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. (Deut 18)

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." There are more but I think you get the gist.
Yes. The blood of bulls and goats only forestalls punishment, but does not forgive, and the blood of the Lamb cleanses all things.

The blood of bulls and goats does not prevent the blood of the Lamb.

Why would you want to do something that God hates and despises and that he doesn't want?

I don't want to make animal sacrifices to Jesus, unless it is a BBQ with Christians friends, then I do so as unto the Lord with prayer. Not to save but to feast.

What God hates and does not want, is any sacrifice from an unclean and double heart.

That is why He will not allow any priest of His in His Millennium to minister, that does not have both outward and inward circumcision of Christ.

Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

The prophecy is of the day, when there will be a natural priesthood of born again Hebrews and Jews only. That is not under the OT before Jesus Christ is come and resurrected from the dead.

The whole purpose of Christ's coming was to do away w/ the need for animal sacrifices.
True. As well as a natural priesthood.

The King will have need of them again for His born again natural Hebrew and Jewish priests.

The only reason one would continue to do so would be in the hope of elevating themselves and not God and purposely going against the will and desire of the Godhead.
Another false accusation of 'near blasphemy', that is from one's own mind about prophecy of scripture.

The millennia rule of Christ will continue to be by love, grace, mercy and forgiveness.
True. It will be the greatest harvest of souls ever on earth, through His law and gospel being ministered personally by Himself and His resurrected saints.

Now show how the animal sacrifices of His natural priesthood, forestalling punishment for all His subject nations, will prevent that.

All nations will now be the King's, and He will have punishments forestalled for all, in hopes all may repent and be saved.

He will have longsuffering mercy covering all, until any believe to be not just covered, but washed clean.

And the devil will have no say over the matter.

The law and sacrifices will never return. But don't listen to me, it's God and Jesus in those verses talking, listen to them!
No, it's just you, and you make Ezekiel a false prophet, as well as the Lord of prophecy a near blasphemous elevator of others.

Unless of course you, can show any Scripture of law, that makes animal sacrifices unto the King during His Millennium, a sinful transgression against God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ez. 40+ isn't as much of a prophecy as it is a conditional promise for the generation alive at that time.
It is all prophecy of the King's house and priesthood during His reign on earth.

It is all prophecy, that the Lord Himself promises to keep.

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the im mutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.

The oath of God to heaven and earth, is prophecy of Scripture. Prophecy in Scripture is the immutable oath of God, that He will ensure comes to pass exactly as written.

Paul is saying, that no prophecy and oath of God, is ever disannulled by any man's deeds.

Whether it be the Lord coming in the flesh, resurrecting from the dead, and coming again to reign on earth a thousand years, with a natural priesthood of His own, in His own house filled with His glory.

When Israel fulfills the conditions,
In His Millennium reign by His own hand.

many of the promises will be kept,
All of God's promises in prophecy will be kept.

If anything prophesied in Ezekiel does not come to pass, it is false prophecy, and not of God

Man can make all the theological exceptions he wants to God's prophecies, because he does not like what God promises to do.

But God will still do it, because He is pleased to do so.

Men that prefer their own millennium for their own tastes and suitability, also would make a false prophet of Ezekiel.

I have absolutely no personal problem with all of God's promise in prophecy of Ezekiel, coming to pass as written.

And there is still no law of Scripture forbidding it, and making it sinful.

but it will be for a generation that is no longer under the law, so some of it will change, just as our position regarding the law has changed.
The law of Moses is dead and gone, and the Law of Christ is here to stay.

And no Scripture of any apostle condemns animal sacrifices, that are unto the Lord, but only to devils.

Animal sacrifice itself is not of the devil, else God would have never commanded them. All human sacrifice is of the devil, but not all animal sacrifice.

I see no return to the law of Moses in prophecy of the King's Millennium. I do read of the yearly tabernacle of feasts, and burnt offerings of the born again natural Hebrews and Jews, serving as His priests for all His nations of the earth.

Last edited: