Why was there a reformation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question infers that 'Church' means an organisation with a visible structure and name. My guess is you take this line so that you can continue the 'them and us'

God's church is manifest in this.....'by this will all men know you are my disciples, if you have love one for another'....pretty simple huh!
Nope, Scripture is not so simple kiddo.

Your theory is that as long as we, the disciples of Christ, love one another that makes us a member of The Church spoken of in Scripture? Thats your theory? There are over 180,000 words in the NT and you think that those 16 words boil down what The Church is? Who taught you that?

No organization in The Church? Throw all the passages that mentions elders and deacons? Throw out the passage that says that we are to give double honor to the elders that rule/lead well? The Apostles were not above the elders and the elders were not above the deacons and the deacon's were no better than the average Christian that loved his fellow Christian?? Throw out Matthew 18:17? After all, according to your theory, there is no organization in The Church soooooo who are those to men to go to so they can settle their difference? There is no one that can make the decisions who is right/wrong. Are you being serious???

Yes. The Church has a name. It is called The Church. It was first called catholic in the year 110AD by a bishop of The Church. Where you are getting confused at is you don't even know your own Christian history. You are confusing words used for denominations with The Church. And yes, it has a visible structure. Just like it did in NT times when they met at homes. Homes were their "church"! Until soooooo many people started attending that they had to build a separate Structure to accommodate the number of people that were attending. Don't you know this about your own Christian history? It's pretty simple.....

Sooooooo, based on your answer I am guessing you don't attend a church? Belong to any denomination? You're a lone wolf, sitting in your basement, reading the bible and interpreting Scripture on your own? Did I get that right?

Curious and Historical Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day all the Popes will stand in Judgement before the true Throne. Poor old Pope Formosus has the distinction of having to be pulled out of the grave twice for trial. What a clown show that must have been. It's obvious that one of the RCC infallible Popes was insane (Pope Stephen VI).
Hey TEXBOW.

Why are you always foaming at the mouth to bad mouth The Pope and The Catholic Church???? The Luterans, Baptist, Methodist and multiple other Protestant denominations are structured just like The Church: a leader, dogma, doctrine, relics, religious garb etc etc. Can you share with me a post from you where you attack those Protestant denominations as much as you attack The Catholic Church???

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that the Roman Catholic Church organization are the FIRST Protestants, becoming so in 1050 when they tossed the Orthodox Catholics under the bus, and grabbed the primacy for themselves.
Hey Bob,

Historically it can be proven that what you said is simply not true! Would you like to clarify your statement?

Curious Mary

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the orthodox separated themselves from Christ and his one true church

YEP!!! That's the Roman Catholic version of the Great Schism!! "They Split from US, and WE'RE THE ONES WITH THE TRUTH"!!!!

Of course we all knew that (wink, wink say n'more).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEP!!! That's the Roman Catholic version of the Great Schism!! "They Split from US, and WE'RE THE ONES WITH THE TRUTH"!!!!

Of course we all knew that (wink, wink say n'more).
Well, I never said that "they split from us" so I'm not sure why you assume that AND it appears that you are not going to provide any historical evidence for your statement soooooo I guess your false statements will have to stand on their own since you won't defend them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant unity:
Union with Christ the mediator and communion with God and the saints is based on “unity of faith”

“Thee faith” of the new covenant that all must believe without any error, false or strange doctrines foreign to “thee faith” of the new covenant!

“Thee faith” is found 31 times in the New Testament!

Obedience of faith: rom 16:26

Ephesians 4
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. ...

Romans 12:16
Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Romans 15:6
That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

One church founded by Jesus Christ!

there is only one!
One God!
One Lord!
One savior!
One faith!
One new covenant!
One kingdom!
One household of faith!
One vineyard!
One church! (Not thousands of sects All teaching different doctrines all on the Bible alone, by the tradition of men)
Only Christ has authority to found the new covenant church! Matt 16:18-19
One shepherd one fold Jn 10:16
1 Tim 3:15 pillar and ground of truth
All men must be taught by the church!

Truth is revealed by God, fully by Christ, and must be proposed for our belief by holy mother church! Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 one faith

Unity of faith!

Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The nature of vice and virtue:

Pride by its nature must always be in rebellion and protest!
Alway say no, I will not serve!
Always associated with presumption and arrogance!

Humility by its nature must obey, and be faithful! Unless you become like little children. Matt 18:3 always associated with faith, hope, and charity!

The truth is filled with virtues and sets us free!
The doctrine of devils is filled with the vices of the devils to ensnare those who refuse to listen to the truth from the bosom of holy mother church!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

One church of Christ

Virtues

DIY religion

Infant savior

Thank Mary for our salvation

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The virtues are exercised to the highest degree in Mary most holy and to perfection in Jesus Christ!

Virtues are not natural, but supernatural helps from God!

The doctrine of demons are filled with the vices of the demons!

Humility and obedience are the virtues most forgotten and ignored, many who claim the name of Christ are not practicing His virtues

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Truth is revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles) Jude 1:3 then proposed by the church! Matt 28:19 gal 3:23

Christ and His church are one!

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

Dan 2:44 Isa 2:2 Micah 4:1 fulfilled in matt 5:14

matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Matt 18:17 hear the truth from the church
1 Tim 3:15 the church is the pillar and ground of truth.

Faith ascents & never protests or rebels!
Spiritual Pride protests & is always in rebellion

The nature of spiritual pride is rebellion!
Spiritual pride must protest, and must be right!

Christ and His one true church cannot be right or my self-righteous personal interpretation base on spiritual pride and private judgement must be wrong, and that is unacceptable!

Truth must be revealed by God, and taught by the church, proposed for our belief, we must be instructed!
Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 Acts 8:31 Lk 10:16 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Nature of doctrine:

Truth or doctrine MUST be Revealed by God And Proposed by the church for belief, not spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
Claim: “scripture alone”
It’s really just the ugly repugnant pride!
It’s no faith at all only spiritual pride and self-righteous private judgement!
They Hope in creatures not in God!

It is unlawful to refuse to accept a truth revealed by God!

Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Truth matters! It is revealed by God and therefore CANNOT be changed!
The church likewise is founded by Christ and therefore CANNOT be reformed!

Faith hope and charity! 1 cor 13:13
Three are eternal, and the greatest is charity!
“Faith alone”? Never faith, hope, & charity are inseparable!
If salvation was by faith alone then the greatest would be faith, but as even “all faith“ without charity avails nothing! 1 cor 13:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and His church are one!
God cannot reveal error and the church cannot teach error!

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

True Christians do not act from
Pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Private judgement!

Personal interpretation!

I decide truth for myself!

These are NOT Christian virtues!

This is NOT faith!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which post was that in?

Curious Mary
Oops - it was "Theefaith" (158) that made that statement - not you.

Of course I've heard the same thing from Romanists for decades. As usual in "VISIBLE CHURCH" Theological maters, both sides of a schism inevitably blame the other side for it. That's why the Romanists and the Orthodox WILL NEVER get together again, which is good for the Orthodox, and unfortunate for Rome.

But Since it was ROME that demanded that the Orthodox kow-Tow to THEIR POPE (all bishops were "Popes" before Rome grabbed the title exclusively for themselves), it's pretty obvious that ROme was the Schismatic denomination, becoming the first PROTESTANT sect. Luther's Holy Spirit inspired contribution was: "The Just BY HIS FAITH shall live", which Rome had forgotten, and in doing so essentially ERASED the value of "Jesus" in favor of their empty pageantry, and pagan "TRADITION".

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There comes a point in a discussion or debate when one's view, belief is clearly been expressed (usually a key objective of being on the forum, to begin with) and the continuation is nothing more than an argument. I like to learn, I like to fellowship, I like to understand those with who I differ with and I hope that sometimes I can enlighten or spark interest in scripture that may not have been thought about before. I think we have all been guilty of abandoning tact, meekness, humbleness, kindness, and other Christian virtues in our passion for our beliefs and understandings. I'm certainly guilty of that at times. I call it mission creep. A true follower of Christ cannot escape the conviction of the Holy Spirit and I love how it reigns me in and reminds me to walk in the spirit.
This is not to say that we should be less than steadfast in our beliefs (I don't have that issue too often:)) but I'm convicted to understand that my beliefs should be delivered with a smile and not a baseball bat. Some of us are far apart in our beliefs and understandings but our love of Christ and his command to love one another should not be forgotten. I fail at times but the Holy Spirt takes the bat from my hands and gives me a knock in the heart and I'm thankful for that.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops - it was "Theefaith" (158) that made that statement - not you.

Of course I've heard the same thing from Romanists for decades. As usual in "VISIBLE CHURCH" Theological maters, both sides of a schism inevitably blame the other side for it. That's why the Romanists and the Orthodox WILL NEVER get together again, which is good for the Orthodox, and unfortunate for Rome.

But Since it was ROME that demanded that the Orthodox kow-Tow to THEIR POPE (all bishops were "Popes" before Rome grabbed the title exclusively for themselves), it's pretty obvious that ROme was the Schismatic denomination, becoming the first PROTESTANT sect. Luther's Holy Spirit inspired contribution was: "The Just BY HIS FAITH shall live", which Rome had forgotten, and in doing so essentially ERASED the value of "Jesus" in favor of their empty pageantry, and pagan "TRADITION".

to what apostle or successor of an apostle did Christ give the keys of the kingdom? Jurisdictional authority to govern the church
Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Only Peter and his successors have the keys (jurisdictional authority) from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:
sheep (apostles) and lambs (people)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luther's 95 Theses Explains It All

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to what apostle or successor of an apostle did Christ give the keys of the kingdom? Jurisdictional authority to govern the church
Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Only Peter and his successors have the keys (jurisdictional authority) from Christ to govern the church and administer the kingdom! Matt 16:18-19 Isa 22:21-22

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:
sheep (apostles) and lambs (people)
Roman Calholicism was founded by Constatine the Pagan Emperor, he donated the land and built St. Peter's Basilica, he is the one who created the Church/State

Roman Catholicism has been a persecutor of the true church for centuries, perhaps your ignorant of the Inquisition and the many papal bulls declaring "Heretics" and the torture chambers of The Catholic Church, the iron virgin, the rack, thumb screws, the stocks, hot irons, just to mention a few, satanic evil!

The Roman Catholic Church has been historic evil, and things haven't changed!

10 Torture devices used by the Catholic Church in the Inquisition

judas-cradle.jpg

In 12th century torture became an integral part of all capital legal proceedings. Also, it was often practiced by the inquisition in most European countries in cases of heresy, blasphemy, adultery and many other similar ‘crimes against God’. Beside common means of torture like beating, suffocating and burning Roman-Catholic Church used others, more depraved ways of extracting confessions and execution of its victims

1. The Rack

This torture device was often used by the Church in Middle Ages as a quite effective way of confession extraction. Tortures would strap their victims across a board, bounding them by the ankles and wrists and then turning two wheels on each end in opposite direction of each other to the point where dislocation of every joint occurred. Besides regular one, an even gruesome version of the rack, with a grater-like surface going under the victim’s back, was used for heavier offenders.
offenders.

the-rack.jpg

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman Calholicism was founded by Constatine the Pagan Emperor, he donated the land and built St. Peter's Basilica, he is the one who United the Church/State

Roman Catholicism has been a persecutor of the true church for centuries, perhaps your ignorant of the Inquisition and the many papal bulls declaring "Heretics" and the torture chambers of The Catholic Church, the iron virgin, the rack, thumb screws, the stocks, hot irons, just to mention a few, satanic evil!

The Roman Catholic Church has been historic evil,and things haven't changed!
What I find super crazy is the infallible Pope Stephen VI taking Pope Formosus out of the grave, bringing his corpse to a trial. Pope Stephen VI had to be insane, not infallible.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what authority does he have??
Please refer to post #177 above that clearly explains the seat of satan is the Roman Catholic Church, it's a historical evil upon the true church and man "Evil"!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

True Christians do not act from
Pride, presumption, and arrogance!

Private judgement!

Personal interpretation!

I decide truth for myself!

These are NOT Christian virtues!

This is NOT faith!
Heretics?

Heretics go to the roman catholic torture chambers, will it be (The Rack) (Judas Cradle) (The Wheel) (Hot Irons)?

Roman Catholicism is the unholy seat of satan, historical evil in torture and death of the innocent servants of God, the true church