Why you cant lose your salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Very, very good JohnnyB, Episkopos and dragonfly.

"Many are called but few are chosen", because many either don't accept the CALL or continue in the CALL. And if you don't accept or continue in the CALL then you will not be CHOSEN.

That is why Jesus tells us to COUNT THE COST. Our Evangelizing should be more realistic and in tune with God's Word.

We are called to overcome and overcoming is not a one time event. Overcoming takes CONTINUED FAITHFULNESS.

John_8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

We are ONLY HIS disciples INDEED if we CONTINUE IN HIS WORD. Is that what the Bible says? And continuiing in His Word does not mean "reading" it everyday, it means Walking in it and Obeying it. The thought of this is so repugnant to religious flesh that it has dreamed up the justification that "Continuiing in His Word" is somehow synonymous with "Works that will DAMN YOU".

There is without a doubt an ongoing continuance in the Lord.

Act_13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

We must continue even through tribulation. If we draw back God will have no pleasure in us.
Act_14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

This one is pretty easy to understand.
Rom_11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Why do you think the Holy Spirit kept emphasising this concept of continuiing in the faith, in the grace of God, and His Word to His servants? The ALTERNATIVE is obvious, NOT CONTINUIING IN THE FAITH.

Col_1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

You will CONTINUE in the SON and the FATHER if you continue in what you heard in the beginning of your walk.
1Jn_2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

When people come to the Lord (in the beginning) they are full of His love (first love), and have a hatred for sin. Then somewhere along the way they are deceived by a nice sounding doctrine coupled with being a weary from trials and temptations and battling the Adversary and they then begin to slow down in the "race" they are running. The Enemy fools them into thinking that God expects them to sin and and even tells them that everything is IMPUTED so just relax. And that is what they do. And they accept that the strongholds in their life are there to stay because they cannot get free from and besides, Holiness, Righteousness, Sanctification, etc has all been imputed. And this is how Love waxes Cold and many become LUKEWARM and yet they think they are JUST FINE.

It is the biggest deception in the Church, today. The Church has FAILED to FULFILL GOD'S LAW THROUGH CHRIST.

THROUGH CHRIST we fulfill the Law, but if we draw back, and don't continue, fail to abide in Christ then we are under judgement.

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity (love) out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

Axehead

Axehead

Reactions: Episkopos

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Again none of those scriptures say any of the vanity that you suppose. But sense you need fleshly means to understand, here are a few scriptures that annul the vanity of which you speak.

Romans 13:11 NKJV

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]salvation [/background]is nearer than when we first believed.

Philippians 2:12 NKJV

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]salvation[/background] with fear and trembling;

1 Peter 1:5 NKJV

who are kept by the power of God through faith for [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]salvation[/background] ready to be revealed in the last time.

1 Peter 1:9 NKJV

receiving the end of your faith--the [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]salvation[/background] of your souls.

2 Peter 3:15 NKJV

and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]salvation[/background]--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,

Matthew 10:22 NKJV

And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]saved[/background].

Mark 13:13 NKJV

And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]saved[/background].

1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being[background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]saved[/background] it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:2 NKJV

by which also you are [background=rgb(255, 255, 150)]saved[/background], if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

This whole writing of Jude is on this subject. Can you hear what he is saying?

1 Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ: 2 Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ. [background=rgb(246, 246, 152)]5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. [/background]6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. 8 Likewise also these dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of dignitaries. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" 10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.

Unresponsive again.
Unfortunately it is obvious you are stuck on ONLY verses that support your dogma instead of using the Bible in it's completeness. Not understanding the original Greek, the connotations of the words used and the tenses used, you are doomed to repeat your mistakes. Just as in English, Greek has words that have multiple uses and connotations, which must be read within the context of the verse they are used in. When we are saved, our names are written in the book of life. It documents our salvation. When we get to the point where we die physically, and are still saved, our names become a permanent part of the book of life. I see no need to supply you with anymore scripture that you will just ignore, and I see no reason to continue to discuss this issue with you.
God Bless you on your journey.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. (Psalms 111:10)
Perfected love casts out all fear. (1John 4:18)
Jesus is the purchaser and completer of faith. (Hebrews 12:2)
The Holy Spirit is the guarantee given by God for those who believe. (2 Cor 1:22)
To be owned by God is freedom from the power of sin and death. (Romans 8:2)
God is sovereign, omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient. Throughout the scriptures!!!
God does not lie. (Numbers 23:19) God is not a man, that He should lie,
]Nor a son of man, that He should repent;​
]Has He said, and will He not do it?
]Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Scriptures give great assurance if you only believe what God is saying!
Romans 10:5-11

5 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.​
6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),​
7 or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”​
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,​
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;​
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.​
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”​

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I believe that if you are truly Christian you will live a sanctified and holy life as mandated by God! Christ Jesus is sanctified and holy, God the Father is sanctified and holy, and the Holy Spirit is sanctified and holy! Holiness and sanctification are as much apart of Christianity as is grace and faith! "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
I believe that if you are truly Christian you will live a sanctified and holy life as mandated by God! Christ Jesus is sanctified and holy, God the Father is sanctified and holy, and the Holy Spirit is sanctified and holy! Holiness and sanctification are as much apart of Christianity as is grace and faith! "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

Even if one never obtained salvation can be saved , but pity those that once knowing the "Good News" of Jesus later reject it. Yes, one can lose their salvation.
Jesus died for the redemption of all mankind. The apostle Paul says, "For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe" (1 Tim. 4:10). God desires the salvation of all men ( 1 Tim. 2:3–4), thus he died to redeem mankind and offer salvation to all. His death redeemed mankind collectively, so we can say that even non-Christians are redeemed. Because each person has free will, he can choose to reject the salvation offered him as a gift. So, while all are redeemed, it is possible that not all will be saved. Christ’s death is sufficient for the salvation of all, but it is efficient for the salvation of those who choose to accept that gift.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Even if one never obtained salvation can be saved , but pity those that once knowing the "Good News" of Jesus later reject it. Yes, one can lose their salvation.

-- The reason God has sent us out to share the Gospel is because if people do not hear it they are lost.
If they never hear the Gospel they are NOT going to be saved.

mandygirl

Aug 15, 2012
Texas
The only people who argue that you can lose your salvation are those who are..

A.) not saved.

B.) do not understand what GRACE actually is and does.

So lets just keep this simple.

To begin with, i can post all the wrongly divided and misunderstood... "lose your salvation scriptures"... that the deceived will post to try to harm your mind and your walk with God.

I can go directly to the book of Hebrews, (written to the Hebrews), and pull out the verses that most of you will use who think you can lose your salvation..
You know, the one about "if we sin willfully there remaineth"...
But i wont go there, because those scriptures are not written doctrinally to anyone who is saved.
You probably didnt notice that, because your limited bible understanding has concluded that........"if its in the bible, its DOCTRINE for the believer".
And of course this is nonsense.

I can go to Paul's comment about being a "castaway"just like you can.

I can post the scripture that says if you dont forgive, or if you deny Christ, .........""

But there is no need to do any of that because you cannot lose your salvation.
And again..........you cannot lose your salvation.
You could not lose it if you tried, if you wanted to, if you hoped you could, or if you decided you would.
Its IMPOSSIBLE to lose your salvation.
You cannot be UNBORN again.

Now for the benefit of those Christians here who are worried they could lose it, or worried they did.
Let me assure you that you cannot lose your salvation, you have not lost it, and you will NEVER lose it.

Now, why does a person think they can lose their salvation.??????
Hebrews 5:13 tells you why......"For everyone that uses milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness, for you are a BABY""

The reason you think you can lose it, is explained in these 6 words from that verse.....""unskillful in the word of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Now....are you watching the birdy?.........are you paying attention?
What does, "unskillful in the word of RIGHTEOUSNESS" mean????
It means a believer has an immature and under developed understanding of what JUSTIFICATION and IMPUTATION and REDEMPTION means.
It means that you have not even a basic understand of the redemptive process that has happened to you, and if you did, you would never again even consider the possibility that you can lose your salvation.

Now, Let me ask you a question.
Do you think God is stupid?
Let me ask you again.
Do..........you..............think...........God is STUPID?

Do you really believe he would create a salvation that is based on the brutal execution of his Son, and create such a redemption so that you could easily mess it up after he did it?
Do you think God is going to offer you something so important and so costly that you can mess up after you receive it?
He would be STUPID do to that,.........as that is just "the garden of Eden deja vu Part 11"
Do you think God is going to go there again, and let you mess it up, as did Adam?
He would be a FOOL to do that......he would be ignorant to offer again the SAME situation into the hands of MAN,.... KNOWING what MAN will do every time.
Now you think about that.

Now here is what he Did.
The first time, he offered Man a choice, and man chose the apple instead of him.
The second time, God created a redemption that is based on HIM DOING IT ALL and APPLYING IT TO YOU for eternity.
Understand?
See, here is the thing about salvation..........YOU HAVE NO PART IN IT...........except to get it for free.
You dont earn it, you dont deserve it, you dont keep it.........you have NO PART IN IT, as God did the whole thing for you, complete with a sacrifice and a pardon, and all you do is TAKE IT.
And once you do, it is SEALED to you, it is become Who you ARE, it is become your new identity.
The thing you dont understand..........those who think you can lose it and would try to torture other Christians with your madness, is that God purchased you, he bought you with the blood of Christ.
You are the PROPERTY of GOD, and you are never going to be anything else.

Salvation is the means whereby God has become your ETERNAL owner........or as Paul says........."a bondslave" of Christ.
The bible tells you that ""You are NOT YOUR OWN, YOU ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE">.""
And the price is the Blood of Christ.
Do you understand that?

And you say......but what if i say......."G...Damn, .....or what if i get angry at God and tell him i hate him and hate his Holy Spirit ?.
So what
Did you ever read about the boy in Corinthians who was sleeping (sex) with his mother?
Its in your New Testament.............and Paul told the church to forgive him......
Oh YEA..
All that is just sin....and all sins have been paid for.. and God does not even now or forever hold you accountable for them.
Did you ever read Romans chapter 4???
God has replaced your sin with his Righteousness.
Done deal.
Your bible tells you that "God does not impute your sin to you".....Romans 4:8
You better study that and get the revelation., and when you do, you'll know the truth.

And the reason you find this shocking is because you think you have some part to play in your redemption.... AND THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE "UNSKILLED IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"...........REMEMBER????.
That is your issue......>GOTCHA<.......and once you get the revelation that >GOD saved you< and YOU SAVED NOTHING AND CAN SAVE NOTHING..., you will be able to realize that this salvation you have, is actually the price that God paid with the blood of Christ to OWN YOU for ETERNITY.
God owns you, by right, as you gave him this right when you took the free gift.
You are HIS.....bought with the blood of Christ.....and the salvation you have is impossible to lose, because its HIS.........its not yours......IT HIS, he did it, and all he did was apply it to you based on your faith.

Now, had this salvation been based on you keeping it, or earning it, then you would have an argument.
You could say..."well as i did it, i can undo it"............BUT SEE, YOU DIDNT DO IT..........HE DID IT FOR YOU, AND WHAT HE DID, YOU CANT UNDO.......EVER<!!!
The salvation that saved you, is something that God did all by himself, that you have no part in......and he gives it to you.
And once he does, he SEALS it to you forever., or "until the day of redemption" of your body...is what your bible tells you.
DONE DEAL.
Eternally secure.
You cant be unborn again.

So, Saint, whenever you run across some ignorant, mentally twisted bible denying fool, who will try to convince you that you can "lose it".......just ignore them as if they were Satan telling you that Mary or water baptism can save you.

God saved you, and GOD ALONE keeps you saved, and thats the end of it.

K

I LOVE this post. It should be triple starred. Completely agree 100% and want to e-mail this to my friends if its okay?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Those who think that salvation is won by a incantation of words have never known Christ to begin with.
Salvation is only given at the return of Christ. Who will reward each according to their work. Every ones work will be judged according to what sort it is.
No one is saved until they receive the end of their faith " the salvation of their souls".

Hebrews 10
38 Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him."

1 Peter 1
9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.

Revelation 22:12
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

1-Corinthians 3
11For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. 18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.

Those who's vanity put themselves in the seat of the doers of the word without lifting a finger toward the mark of their salvation have their reward coming to them very soon.
Every one moves and walks through life daily. They do somthing all day and night long. Is that movement and walk the walk of Christ?
Empty words spoken into the air have saved no one. Those who have devised the witches incantation christianity and beguiled souls to follow them have another thing coming soon.

Ask God for His Spirit. For those who ask believing will receive.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi JohnnyB

Are you saying our initial experience and recognition of Christ is salvation? I see it as the calling and invitation, an enabling for us to walk in Christ, to run the race, towards salvation and to the full stature of Christ. I don' t see how it is both a one time event and on going. I see it as salvation and sanctificatlon go hand and hand. If that makes any sense.

The group we fellowship with are the only people I know who sees this, until I found this website.

Yes I agree. We come to Christ and are given the power to become sons of God. There is a vast difference between being a believer and being a Christian.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Hepzibah,

There is a vast difference between being a believer and being a Christian.

You seem to have taken the term 'believer' out of its natural origin as a legitimate noun for (one) who is believing Christ's life, death and resurrection as the only way to become delivered from the wrath of God into eternal life.

If I'm understanding the distinction you seek to make, wouldn't it be clearer to call one who merely pays lipservice to the tenets of the faith, a nominal 'Christian'?

Hi mandygirl,

Before you get too enthusiastic about the leading poster's theology, it is suggested you read the finer detail of his belief system before you conclude that it's biblical.

I realise you may agree with him, but I cannot.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
God is the one who re-creates you with a new nature. We are not able to change our nature. And absolutely nothing in Scripture teaches that God will then undo what He did to make us His children, born of Him.

Nothing teaches that we have any power over our nature. And nothing teaches that God goes back on His gift.

Jesus said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you.

Do you believe this is true?

Love in Christ,
Mark

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Mark,

Of course what you've said is true if we're only looking at the intentions of God, but the outcome depends greatly on the continuance of the believer's intention to endure to the end as Peter states.

There are definitely people named in the New Testament who turned away from following. You may be uncomfortable dealing with that information, but sons of God are called to be like God, and He gives us every assistance to grow in godliness. If a so-called son of the most High God spends the rest of his life serving sin, Paul (in particular) says he will not inherit the kingdom of God. That may be a quaint phrase, but, it doesn't sound like the servant of sin is going to be welcome in the kingdom of God. Wouldn't you agree? That is the point of the new creation.

But many are quite happy to neglect it until it passes away quietly, while they carry on feeding the old creation.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Who is the son of God who spends the rest of his life serving sin?

Peter says that it is God's power that safeguards us for salvation. Is that true?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Mark,

You are pretty good at bringing out part of the picture, as if it is the whole.

Peter says that it is God's power that safeguards us for salvation. Is that true?

You've wrenched this truth from its context, so I suggest you put it back where it belongs, and then you'll have the answer to your question.

1 Peter 1:5

You do see that we have a part to play, don't you? 1 John 5:21 Jude 1:21

Added:

Who is the son of God who spends the rest of his life serving sin?

Believe me, that's exactly what God wants to know. He calls them children of unbelief. Eph 2:3

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Adam disobeyed God and began deriving his nature from Satan. Cain, certainly was an example of someone turning away from God's words to him and deriving his character and nature from the Devil's character.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Here we have a comparison between evil and righteous works.

If one walks away from God (either you are for me or against me), he will begin to derive his nature and character from the "other" spirit (not the Holy Spirit). Man cannot stand independent. He either eats of the Tree of Life or the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. We either abide in God (Holy Spirit) or we abide in Satan (Evil Spirit). Man cannot abide in himself.

People talk about "human nature" but there is no "human nature". We have either one of two Fathers that we derive our character and nature from, God or Satan. There are not 3 choices.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, we either reflect our Father in Heaven or the Devil as our father.
John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Do you see this? Do you see how a human cannot standalone and be totally independent of God or Satan? It is the New Age lie of Humanism which says that "we have good within ourselves" and don't need God. They are really deriving their nature and character from Satan (who they say does not exist).

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me,

Jesus has just taught us how important it is to endeavor with all our might (Love the Lord with all our soul, mind and strength), to abide in Him. And the reason is so that we can say "The Devil hath nothing in me".

That is why when we are born-again, we truly are a "NEW Creature" in Christ. Satan has been cast out of our lives and we no longer have the "spirit of disobedience". Did you experience this when you were born of the Spirit?

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Now, we must learn to not listen to and obey the Devil anymore (abiding in him) because once we do, we are then drawing from his nature (which becomes our nature).

More scriptures for you in case you are doubting where the source of your DEEDS are from.
John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

The Bible does not talk about human nature (that is psychology). Even the Jews knew that one was either of "that wicked one" or "of God". And there is little victory today, because Christians have resolved that they will always have this "human nature", and in fact they don't realize they are in a spiritual battle and competition for their hearts.

The Wicked One is always hiding and today he hides behind the term "human nature", when in fact people are "doing the deeds of their father", just as Jesus PINPOINTED.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

We cannot underestimate the teaching by Jesus of ABIDING in HIM.

Whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God.

Yes, we do have a part to play, dragonfly.

Many have come out of Seminaries and Bible Schools and act like they know what needs to be done and then proceed to do it (apart from abiding in Him)! "Hey Lord, I see how it (Christianity) is done now. You can sit back and relax and we'll take it from here".

Could this be our problem today? "We'll take it from here, Lord"!

This too, is eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Axehead

Reactions: dragonfly

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Regardless of how we put it the wrd declares us to be holy! Hebrews 12:14 " Follow peace with all men and holiness for without which no man shall see the Lord"

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees . . .

And this squarely puts the responsibility on us to forsake sin (Satan) and not be blameshifters (my old nature made me do it).

Eve blameshifted and Adam blameshifted. But, now we can't get away with those types of excuses anymore.

Axehead

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Axehead,

I really enjoyed that post of yours (# 115)! (Not just because you agreed with me either
7143.gif
)

Hi Mark,

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees . . .

Are you suggesting that the righteousness of Christ does not exceed that of the Pharisees? 1 Cor 1:30.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Axehead,

I really enjoyed that post of yours (# 115)! (Not just because you agreed with me either
7143.gif
)

Hi Mark,

Are you suggesting that the righteousness of Christ does not exceed that of the Pharisees? 1 Cor 1:30.

Actually even admitting one does not see is having more righteousness than the Pharisees who wanted people to think they did see.

Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.