Will Damascus Be Destroyed In The Spring Of 2010?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
I trust God's Word any day over that of someone that has no confidence in ALL of His word.

I don't recall saying I don't trust the Bible.

I'm pretty confident however that the theological framework I accept is very different to yours. Almost as confident as I am that Damascus will not be destroyed either this year or next year.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I don't recall saying I don't trust the Bible.

I'm pretty confident however that the theological framework I accept is very different to yours. Almost as confident as I am that Damascus will not be destroyed either this year or next year.

I certainly don't know if it will be this year or next or when it will happen, but I know its certain to happen. And the scud missile deliveries to Syria are tempting fate. And anyone overlooking the sheer significance of a Muslim nation possessing scud missiles this late in the game, could very well be in for a surprise. The Middle East is a powder keg ready to go off and this Psalm 83 war could launch any day. My theological framework requires that I pay close attention to current events and trends and not dismiss things as being business as usual.

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
My theological framework requires that I pay close attention to current events and trends and not dismiss things as being business as usual.

I agree that Christians (indeed all people) should pay attention to current events. However, what is it in your theology that necessitates you identify the state of this world on a last things time-line?

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I agree that Christians (indeed all people) should pay attention to current events. However, what is it in your theology that necessitates you identify the state of this world on a last things time-line?

Well to keep it simple. I see the nearness of the hour based on the two forecasted, upcoming Middle East wars. The first being in Psalm 83 where all the surrounding Muslim nations that border Israel come to wipe Israel off the map. And we finally get a one state solution as God unleashes judgment on the Edomites and sons of Esau. Then the war to follow, and I'm unsure of the time interval in between, would be the Magog Invasion spoken of in Ezekiel 38 & 39. Russia, Iran, Turkey and a confederacy of other Islamic nations invade Israel and attempt to take a spoil. Two motivations for two different wars. And then after Magog war comes the AntiChrist signing the 7 year covenant with Israel.

Everything is virtually in place int he Middle East for the Psalm 83 war and its a very real possibility that the "rapture" occurs before the Psalm 83 war is launched. Based on the incredible specific nature of these upcoming prophecies, its very hard to deny the very real possibility that the Lord could come calling soon. And this possibility excites the heck out of me. I can't imagine what it would be like to see the Lord and enjoy the same 10 dimensional nature that He does in my new incorruptible body.

So to be clear, as far as how I see it, the general main events occurring before the 7 year Tribulation are as follows:
1. "Rapture" of the church
2. Some time after the "rapture" we have the Psalm 83 war
3. Some time after the Psalm 83 wear we have the Ezekile 38 & 39 war.
4. Aftermath of this war leads to the AntiChrist signing a 7 year covenant with Israel

Its also important to note that I believe that the AntiChrist will probably come from Northern Iraq. He's called the Assyrian in the OT. The Roman Empire had an eastern leg that outlasted the western leg by a 1000 years. I think many are looking for him to come out of the western empire and it may not go that way. Just my opinion on that. The world's first dictator, Nimrod, came out of Babylon. It should not surprise anyone that the final dictator should come out of Babylon. And I wouldn't be surprised if the AC made Babylon the world capital during the Tribulation, as opposed to Rome.

Lastly, Nimrod also appeared to be a Nephilim. Satan was promised a "seed" back in Genesis. I firmly believe that the AC will also be a Nephilim. Its interesting to note that the AC raises up a "god of fortresses" as spoken of in the book of Daniel. I tend to wonder if there is any connection with that passage and the "face" on Mars. Lots of things to contemplate. I have come to believe that in the very near future things will look like they are right out of a sci-fi movie. Satan is preparing a cosmic deception, in my estimation, that involves perpetrating a fraud event of ET contact with the human race. The UFO phenomenon has its place in this end times deception. I would not be the least bit surprised if this ET contact event took place before or right after the "rapture." What better way to explain the vanishing of tens of millions of adults and children all over the world.

And no I do not think that there really are ETs from other planets. I think the demonic angels that rebelled with satan are doing their part to pass themselves off as ETs in order to shake the foundation of every religious, philosophical and scientific institution on earth. I think this is going to be the "strong delusion" that God sends so people believe the lie. I also tend to think that this phony ET event is what Jesus was alluding to when he indicated, "...and men's hearts failing them for seeing what was coming on the earth." He did after all warn that many false christs would come. I think far too many times we Christians tend to think too small, as if Jesus was just referring to guys like Jim Jones, Benny Hinn, etc. Jesus certainly didn't use 21st century sepak so the false christs and things coming on the earth could have a broader event in mind lile a UFO event prepared by satan. He would need something pretty sensational to happen before the Tribulation in order to keep people confused and to keep them from believing in Jesus Christ. Imagine seeing "entities" land on earth claiming to be our "space brothers" and claiming to have engineered man. How man people would be easily fooled by what they saw because they don't know scripture? We tend to forget that demonic angels can take some kind of physical form in our reality and they certainly can manipulate matter, can manipulate their appearance.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Brother Foreigner do you hear those drumbeats of war getting louder?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/186317

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=175727

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
They definitely don't sound loud enough to indicate Damascus will "Be Destroyed In The Spring Of 2010."

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
'If' they lob a scud missle.
There is no indication that is their plan for the Spring of 2010.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I appreciate and respect Christians who focus on the great commission instead of prophecy. Setting dates for the destruction of Damascus is probably not wise but to anticipate it is is not wrong either.

As well as The Great Commission , Jesus also reminded us ....

"When you see these signs ......."
"Keep watch ......... "

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
'If' they lob a scud missle.
There is no indication that is their plan for the Spring of 2010.

I agree with you.But that all can change in a flash, any day. I'm with you Brother Martin. I don't look at is being excited for Damscus' destruction, rather I look at is as Jesus returning for us. What an awesome sight that will be. If that doesn't get you excited, then you must be a very boring person. :lol:

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Looking for this sort of literal correspondence between Bible prophecy and current day politics is a waste of time and energy. The Lord has told us that we won't know the time of His return.

Trying identify various actors on the world stage with the anti-christ or some other source of world conflict is likley to be futile and only serves to create suspicion and distrust. Our commission is to spread the news of God's work and promise of salvation, not to finger point, condemn and even engineer circumstances to hasten Jesus' return.

No - I don't expect Damascus to be destroyed this year.
He tells us we won't know the day or the hour.... but He also tells us of signs to be looking for to know the time is near. I don't understand how people can use that as an excuse to blow off bible prophecy without also taking into account that He also tells us how we will know the time is near. In fact we are COMMANDED to watch for signs of His return. He tells us to stay awake so we're not caught sleeping! 

Matt 24:38,39
Matt 24:42 
Rev.3:3
Luke 21:34
Mark 13:36,37
Matt 25:5
1Thess 5:6
Luke 12:37
Heb 9:28

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
He tells us we won't know the day or the hour.... but He also tells us of signs to be looking for to know the time is near. I don't understand how people can use that as an excuse to blow off bible prophecy without also taking into account that He also tells us how we will know the time is near. In fact we are COMMANDED to watch for signs of His return. He tells us to stay awake so we're not caught sleeping! 

But we can learn the day and hour.

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
In fact we are COMMANDED to watch for signs of His return. He tells us to stay awake so we're not caught sleeping!

There is a great chasm of difference between watching for signs of His return and obsessive speculation as to when He will return.

True, we don't want to miss the moment. We want to be ready. Just as the scouting movement exhorts our youth to be prepared, we also need to be prepared. When Jesus does return it will be too late then to decide whether our lives should have been committed to Him or to the world. That comittment needs to be made now, so we are ready and can join Him with joy, confident of our faith in His promise to us of ever lasting life.

We must be awake in faith, not drifting in a listless torpor of vague awareness about our creator. Our faith should be alive and visible to world, not not buried in a morass of failed timelines, charts and irrelevant calculations.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
There is a great chasm of difference between watching for signs of His return and obsessive speculation as to when He will return.

True, we don't want to miss the moment. We want to be ready. Just as the scouting movement exhorts our youth to be prepared, we also need to be prepared. When Jesus does return it will be too late then to decide whether our lives should have been committed to Him or to the world. That comittment needs to be made now, so we are ready and can join Him with joy, confident of our faith in His promise to us of ever lasting life.

We must be awake in faith, not drifting in a listless torpor of vague awareness about our creator. Our faith should be alive and visible to world, not not buried in a morass of failed timelines, charts and irrelevant calculations.
We shouldn't dwell ONLY on prophecy but it is every bit as important as the rest of the bible. I agree with what you said above... however, earlier you stated it was a waste of time. I disagree strongly with that. The knowledge of bible prophecy can be very effective as a witnessing tool... especially in the current world we live in. I just don't understand why earlier you said it was a waste of time yet above you state "we need to be prepared... when Jesus returns it will be too late then to decide whether our lives should be committed to him." And see that's where the study of prophecy comes in handy. If you can point out to a non believer the things going on in the world today and how they very well could be connected to a prophecy in the bible yet to occur... it tends to make someone think really hard on the subject of salvation. :)  

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ

So how do you define obsessive speculation? And what's wrong with that just being another biblical topic you spend time on? I spend plenty of time during my days and reading about current affairs as related to the coming "rapture." I also spend plenty of time studying about and ministering healing to myself. I also spend plenty of time praising and worshiping the Lord during the day. Hey that's great people are interesting in whether they are getting close to their redemption. More power to them. Don't try to steal their thunder because they have a love for the Lord and Bible prophecy. Now if that's all they spend their time on and neglect everything else they are called to do, then there's a problem. But you certainly aren't qualified to make that judgment simply because someone talks about current events corresponding to the most incredible time in history. If its in the Bible, its worth a part of your day. And I'll take a page out of Brother Mike's playbook and tell you straight up that the Lord has called some to make the study of prophecy the concentrated part of their ministry. Nothing wrong with that. If you do have a problem with that, good luck arguing with the Lord. :lol:

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So how do you define obsessive speculation? And what's wrong with that just being another biblical topic you spend time on? I spend plenty of time during my days and reading about current affairs as related to the coming "rapture." I also spend plenty of time studying about and ministering healing to myself. I also spend plenty of time praising and worshiping the Lord during the day. Hey that's great people are interesting in whether they are getting close to their redemption. More power to them. Don't try to steal their thunder because they have a love for the Lord and Bible prophecy. Now if that's all they spend their time on and neglect everything else they are called to do, then there's a problem. But you certainly aren't qualified to make that judgment simply because someone talks about current events corresponding to the most incredible time in history. If its in the Bible, its worth a part of your day. And I'll take a page out of Brother Mike's playbook and tell you straight up that the Lord has called some to make the study of prophecy the concentrated part of their ministry. Nothing wrong with that. If you do have a problem with that, good luck arguing with the Lord.
laugh.gif

-- It would seem - and I am just spitballing here - that if a person's studies have shown that the end is indeed near, their priority/majority of time would be spent trying to reach as many unsaved souls as possible to lead them to Christ. But hey, "If you have a problem with that, good luck arguing with the Lord."
wink.gif

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
-- It would seem - and I am just spitballing here - that if a person's studies have shown that the end is indeed near, their priority/majority of time would be spent trying to reach as many unsaved souls as possible to lead them to Christ. But hey, "If you have a problem with that, good luck arguing with the Lord." ;)

The Lord wants us all healed so we can be in tip top shape to get our job done. If this wasn't so, then there wouldn't be such a great emphasis by the Lord promising to heal us. Like I stated, there's plenty of time for everything. If you're chained up and bound by demonic oppression, then IMHO that's a priority in order to get myself in position to be able to be effective in reaching others. God is glorified in Healing and He wants to free us. For the healthy man, healing isn't the priority. But for the sick, it should be. Sickness robs plenty and the Lord wants us well. ;)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"The Lord wants us all healed so we can be in tip top shape to get our job done."

-- Actually, the Lord can use you whenever and wherever you are at. I have known people over the last several years who God hasn't healed immediately - but he still used to testify and save lost souls. Some from crutches, some from wheelchairs, some from a hospital bed. In many cases their afflictions were part of their testimony. To say that God can't use you to testify to the unsaved until you are in tip top shape is...well, you know.

"Like I stated, there's plenty of time for everything."

-- Strange statement for a man who has spent much of this thread pointing out we are in the last days and that Jesus will be coming back soon.

"Sickness robs plenty and the Lord wants us well."

-- Absolutely true. But to say he can't use you to witness to the unsaved in the meantime and help them receive salvation is not really giving Him a chance to show what HE can do, is it?

Reactions: Streetsweeper

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Foreigner now you're just being a troll. My points were rather simple and now you're taking things to a whole new level of dumb. Later bud.