Will Damascus Be Destroyed In The Spring Of 2010?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I think it is going to be harder and harder to be a christian in Syria , Lebanon, and even Israel. (I wish that wasn't true.)

Did anyone else notice last week Israel said they would destroy Lebanon's air force in 4 hours if provoked ?

I think soon we will see Israel make decisive and powerful moves to drive it's enemies far out into the desert.

No longer will the enemy be able to toss a grenade over the wall or send a missile across the border.

Will Damascus still be standing ?

Peace and safety for a time.

Then the rumblings from the North will begin.

Then all hell breaks loose.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Since the date of writing of this post is Sept 10, 2010 I think it is safe to say that Damascus was NOT attacked, destroyed or otherwise threatened this past spring.
I could be wrong here, but hindsight as they say is always 20/20.

The bottom line is proof positive that we cannot affix dates to Biblical prophecy. Every single time it is proven a bad policy. Every time.

What shall we say then, that this prophecy is fantasy or that the interpretation is wrong? Certainly not.

We are given this information by God. It is then our duty to watch and wait for Him to act.
None of our wishes be they for or against the hand of God will stay its course.

The problem, as I see it, is too great a zeal for prophetic utterance.
While it is wise to know the Word of God and especially how it relates to our times, IT IS NOT GIVEN TO MAN TO KNOW THE FUTURE.
Our duty is to surrender to Christ and to then trust and obey Him for our guidance both now and tomorrow.

Am I now trying to cover up a mistake in prophetic utterance? Certainly not.
Again, I wish to repeat that although the interpretation is good, the act of affixing dates is not.

When we are told that God will do a thing, it is our duty to remind ourselves of His promises AND TO MAKE READY.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
The bottom line is proof positive that we cannot affix dates to Biblical prophecy. Every single time it is proven a bad policy. Every time.

Again, I wish to repeat that although the interpretation is good, the act of affixing dates is not.
I snipped a part of your post and normally would agree with your position.

But there has been a recent happening (last 8 years) that does include dates and times. It is biblical and provable. We have been working to present it in a documented fashion. Accuracy is paramount. A jury of 12 atheists would have to concur.

It has been a frustrating 8 years. I am talking about the wait period. The Lord has more patience than I do. The only thing harder than waiting on the Lord ...... Is not waiting for him. The information is complete. The release of it is pending.

Sorry to sound evasive. That is not my intention. I just want you to know sometimes dates and times are given. In this case they were. Everything lines up 100 % . The news is positive. And no , it does not tell the future. Only a precise occurrence on a precise date that notifies us of an era that we are in. I will supply the information when it is made public. That time is not yet. I find it a frustrating wait. Thanks.

Martin.