Will Damascus Be Destroyed In The Spring Of 2010?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
I do not believe in date setting the Rapture even the angles in heaven know not, but God commandes we know the seasons Matthew 16:3. And It lookes like the season of Damascus has come, Does God give us a hint when Damascus will be destroyed.... very interesting, Isaiah 18: When the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches. They shall be left together unto the fowel of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth, and the fowel shall summer upon them, and all the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them. The Grape bud blooms in April in Israel, when will the sour grape be perfect in the flower MAY? Damascus is waxed feeble and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her anguish and sorrow have taken her, as a women in travail. therefore her young men shall fall in her streets and all the men of war shall be cut off IN THAT DAY, Jeremiah. Isaiah 17: And behold at eveningtide trouble, and before the morning he is not. Amos... For three transgressions of Damascus 1948, 1967, 1973, for the fourth I will not turn away its punishment.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
This is one of the great and disturbing prophecies of the Bible MAXX. Could this be the event that kicks off the war spoken of in Psalm 83? Possibly could be. Syria now has state of the art scud missiles and can reach the Dimona reactor. The US State department recently denied that Syria had obtained a big shipment of scud missiles. Then about a week later warned Syria about escalating matters in the Middle East. Its also well known that Syria has an extensive biological and chemical weapons program. And a few short weeks ago, the Israeli government started issuing gas masks to all civilians. Its true this is not the first time this has been done in Israel, but its clear that something is brewing that could explode soon. Great timing with the EU teetering back and forth getting ready to crumble. :lol:

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Sounds like somebody has a good perception of future events.

I have spent about 25 years watching for evidence of European Union, possible threats (to) (and from) Damascus Syria, and circumstances allowing for the fulfillment of Psalm 83. The pieces fit very well right now.

People (the world) only changes when in crisis and we are seeing a lot of that recently in America and now Europe.

I would not be surprised to see a major collapse of Europe with secondary effects to North America. It will have as a solution the basis of a world system we can glimpse in Revelation. It is almost as though we can "feel" it happening now.

I do know for certain that we have entered a period where God will have favor on Zion and that fits all the above scenarios well.

To use a crude description , I am expecting Israel to blow it's enemies so far out to the desert they will not even be able to define a border.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Sounds like somebody has a good perception of future events.

I have spent about 25 years watching for evidence of European Union, possible threats (to) (and from) Damascus Syria, and circumstances allowing for the fulfillment of Psalm 83. The pieces fit very well right now.

People (the world) only changes when in crisis and we are seeing a lot of that recently in America and now Europe.

I would not be surprised to see a major collapse of Europe with secondary effects to North America. It will have as a solution the basis of a world system we can glimpse in Revelation. It is almost as though we can "feel" it happening now.

I do know for certain that we have entered a period where God will have favor on Zion and that fits all the above scenarios well.

To use a crude description , I am expecting Israel to blow it's enemies so far out to the desert they will not even be able to define a border.

Martin you hit the nail right on the head. Psalm 83 and Damascus' destruction point to a devastating victory by the IDF. Praise God fro that! I agree everything just appears to be perfectly in place. I'm curious to see if the EU starts to come apart and end up with just 10 western European nations and I'm interested to see who comes froward to take leadership. And we sure don't know how much of this saga we'll be watching on earth. I imagine that you also agree that's its quite possible that the Palm 83 battle doesn't even kick off until the "rapture" has hit. These are incredibly exciting times. Just seeing America distancing itself from Israel, is making it clear that Israel is going to ho at it alone when all these Muslim nations come to wipe her off the map. Good luck Muslim brothers because when the war is over, you'll be dumping the Quran and your Mohammad portraits right in the trash. :lol: I'm ready for God to let the world know once again who is the only God of this universe. Praise the Lord!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Russia says eyes atomic energy cooperation with Syria

Tue May 11, 2010 6:04am

DAMASCUS, May 11 (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Tuesday that he hoped cooperation with Syria in the oil, gas and atomic energy sectors will be increased."Cooperation on atomic energy (with Syria) could get a second wind," Medvedev said at a press conference with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.

Medvedev gave no further details on what nuclear cooperation had been discussed.

Russian news agencies quoted Assad as saying that he had discussed with Medvedev the possibility of building power plants, including nuclear ones, in Syria.

Russia says all nations have the right to peaceful nuclear power programmes and is due this year to start up an atomic power station a Russian state company has built in Iran.

When speaking about Iran's nuclear programme, Medvedev called for "constructive cooperation" with the international community on Iran's part.

The United States and some European countries believe Iran's nuclear programme is a front for an effort to develop atomic weapons. Iran denies it is seeking to build a nuclear weapon.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Israel says N.Korea shipping WMDs to Syria
Tue May 11, 8:43 am ETJERUSALEM (AFP) – Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman on Tuesday accused nuclear power North Korea of supplying Syria with weapons of mass destruction.

Lieberman's office quoted him as telling Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama at a meeting in Tokyo that such activity threatened to destabilise east Asia as well as the Middle East.

"The cooperation between Syria and North Korea is not focused on economic development and growth but rather on weapons of mass destruction" Lieberman said.

In evidence he cited the December 2009 seizure at Bangkok airport of an illicit North Korean arms shipment which US intelligence said was bound for an unnamed Middle East country.

Lieberman said Syria intended to pass the weapons on to the Lebanese Hezbollah militia and to the Islamic Hamas movement, which rules Gaza and has its political headquarters in Damascus.

"This cooperation endangers stability in both southeast Asia and also in the Middle East and is against all the accepted norms in the international arena," Lieberman was quoted as telling Hatoyama.

Thai officials at the time said that acting on a tipoff from Washington they confiscated about 30 tonnes of missiles, rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons when the North Korean plane landed for refuelling in Bangkok.

Israel has accused North Korea in the past of transferring nuclear technology to Syria, which is technically in a state of war with the neighbouring Jewish state, although the two last fought openly in 1973.

Britain's Sunday Times newspaper reported in 2007 that Israel seized North Korean nuclear material in a commando raid on a secret military site in Syria and then destroyed the site in an air attack.

Syria denied the report.

The communist regime in North Korea has denied collaborating on nuclear activity with Syria, while Israel has maintained an official silence on the reported September 2007 raid and strike.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Everything is in place. Even Turkey and Russia have been growing close as of late. Turkey has been making strong public condemnation of Israel along with Syria. So even know we see the relationship strengthened for the Rd2 war of Magog.

Psalm 83 is fast approaching. All we need is one shot fired and its on.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Another piece falling into place????????

Israel accuses North Korea of shipping WMD's to Syria

http://news.yahoo.co...yriankoreajapan

Off topic but this also caught my interest .......

Scientists stunned as grey whale sighted off Israel

JERUSALEM (AFP) - – The appearance of a grey whale off the coast of Israel has stunned scientists, in what was thought to be the first time the giant mammal has been seen outside the Pacific in several hundred years.

http://sg.news.yahoo...wh-c1b2fc3.html

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Another piece falling into place????????

Israel accuses North Korea of shipping WMD's to Syria

http://news.yahoo.co...yriankoreajapan

Off topic but this also caught my interest .......

Scientists stunned as grey whale sighted off Israel

JERUSALEM (AFP) - – The appearance of a grey whale off the coast of Israel has stunned scientists, in what was thought to be the first time the giant mammal has been seen outside the Pacific in several hundred years.

http://sg.news.yahoo...wh-c1b2fc3.html

That WMD story is pretty big. Scud missiles launched with WMDs is a recipe for disaster for Damascus. If I was living in Damascus and reading Isaiah 17, then I'd relocate pronto.

That is a rather curious story about the grey whale. Its seen outside the Pacific and it pays a visit to Israel. :D On a related note, I really cant stand these poachers that kill any of these whales. These beasts are rather gentle and many have lived for hundreds of years. Poachers FTL.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
 Israel has no true allies anymore, except for maybe Canada. But how long before they turn their backs on Israel as well. Obama and his administration are (if not have already) sealing our country's fate. God blesses those who bless Israel... and curses those who curse her. I don't want to be here when God's wrath comes down on the U.S. which it will. Things are heating up in the middle east and it's about to ignite. Israel has been biding time, trying to play the political diplomatic card for all it's worth to avoid war but I think they will soon come to the realization that they have no choice but to act militarily, if they haven't come to that realization already. They will act, be in against Iran or Syria, when they feel it necessary regardless of what they think the rest of the world will feel about it. No matter how tame a lion may be, you can only poke it with a stick so many times before it attacks. Israel in my opinion is no tame lion... it is simply a patient one. 

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
As the world turns:

JERUSALEM - Beset by questions about the future of Jerusalem in talks with the Palestinians, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin reached for the Bible on Wednesday to stake out the Jewish state's disputed claim on the city.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100512/twl-oukwd-uk-palestinians-israel-jerusal-13abf6c.html

Interesting how all these things are converging right now.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Israel has no true allies anymore, except for maybe Canada. But how long before they turn their backs on Israel as well. Obama and his administration are (if not have already) sealing our country's fate. God blesses those who bless Israel... and curses those who curse her. I don't want to be here when God's wrath comes down on the U.S. which it will. Things are heating up in the middle east and it's about to ignite. Israel has been biding time, trying to play the political diplomatic card for all it's worth to avoid war but I think they will soon come to the realization that they have no choice but to act militarily, if they haven't come to that realization already. They will act, be in against Iran or Syria, when they feel it necessary regardless of what they think the rest of the world will feel about it. No matter how tame a lion may be, you can only poke it with a stick so many times before it attacks. Israel in my opinion is no tame lion... it is simply a patient one.

I agree 100% with your view.

I am also thinking that (America's) weakening support for Isreal may prompt Israel to take decisive action sooner than later.

If Israel did "blow the enemy out to the far desert" it would also make sense that the EU may try to step in later to prevent more (make peace). It would fit with prophecy if America's support declined a bit and Europe stood in it's place.

I personally think all the plans are now in place. What we are seeing now is simply the pre-campaign publicity and posturing.

When I see eschatology happening before my eyes, I find it is both exciting and sobering.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Israel has no true allies anymore, except for maybe Canada. But how long before they turn their backs on Israel as well. Obama and his administration are (if not have already) sealing our country's fate. God blesses those who bless Israel... and curses those who curse her." -- 6stringed

-- Absolutely correct.

"I am also thinking that (America's) weakening support for Isreal may prompt Israel to take decisive action sooner than later." - Martin

-- I would tend to agree with this. With as many ways Obama has shown little if any regard for Israel over the last year and a half, Israel may be thinking that they are indeed truly alone and must do what is best for them.

Things are definitely going to get interesting.

SIDEBAR:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100512/twl-oukwd-uk-palestinians-israel-jerusal-13abf6c.html

Netanyahu turns to Bible in tussle over Jerusalem
http://sg.rd.yahoo.com/partners/reuters/SIG=112kft22t/*http://www.online.reuters.com/By Dan WilliamsJERUSALEM - Beset by questions about the future of Jerusalem in talks with the Palestinians, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin reached for the Bible on Wednesday to stake out the Jewish state's disputed claim on the city.

Netanyahu told a parliamentary session commemorating Israel's capture of East Jerusalem from Jordan in the 1967 war that "Jerusalem" and its alternative Hebrew name "Zion" appear 850 times in the Old Testament, Judaism's core canon.

"As to how many times Jerusalem is mentioned in the holy scriptures of other faiths, I recommend you check," he said.

Citing such ancestry, Israel calls all of Jerusalem its "indivisible" capital -- a designation not recognised abroad, where many powers support Palestinian claims to East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state.

Jerusalem, at the heart of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, is also revered by Muslims because it houses al-Aqsa mosque, Islam's third-holiest shrine after Mecca and Medina, on a plaza Jews revere as the vestige of two biblical Jewish temples.

Heckled by a lawmaker from Israel's Arab minority, Netanyahu offered a lesson in comparative religion from the lectern.

"Because you asked: Jerusalem is mentioned 142 times in the New Testament, and none of the 16 various Arabic names for Jerusalem is mentioned in the Koran. But in an expanded interpretation of the Koran from the 12th century, one passage is said to refer to Jerusalem," he said.

Asked about Netanyahu's citations, Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat said: "I find it very distasteful this use of religion to incite hatred and fear."

MANY RULERS

Destroyed as a Jewish capital by the Romans in the 1st century AD, Jerusalem was a Christian city under their Byzantine successors before falling to Muslim Arabs in the 7th. European Crusaders took it back for a century before 700 years of Muslim control until Britain defeated the Ottoman Turks in 1917.

As Britain prepared to quit, the United Nations proposed international rule for the city, along with nearby Bethlehem, in 1947 as a "corpus separatum."

That proposal was overtaken by fighting that left Israel holding West Jerusalem in 1948 and Jordanian forces in East Jerusalem. Israel then took the rest in the Six Day War of 1967.

The city, within boundaries defined by Israel but not recognized internationally, is now home to 750,000 people, two in three of them Jews and the rest mostly Muslim Palestinians.

Netanyahu did not refer in his speech to indirect peace negotiations with the Palestinians that resumed this month after 1 1/2 years of U.S. mediation. But he said Israel would retain all of Jerusalem while ensuring freedom of worship at its sites.

Such assertions are challenged by Palestinians given that Israel, over the last decade of fighting, has often banned their access to al-Aqsa. Christians in the adjacent West Bank complain of similar difficulties in reaching Jerusalem churches.

"There is no undercutting, nor do I intend to undercut, the connection of others to Jerusalem," Netanyahu said.

"But I do confront the attempt to undercut and warp or obfuscate the unique connection that we, the people of Israel, have to the capital of Israel."

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ

My friend I too have taken Genesis 12:3 very seriously for years. Many Christians have laughed that verse off and I certainly would not try God out to see if He's willing to back it up. I don't mess with the Jews nor do I mess with Israel and I always try to be mindful and pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Netanyahu turns to Bible in tussle over Jerusalem
It fascinates me to see an Israeli Prime Minister use the Bible to assert claim over Jerusalem. Netanyahu appears more and more to be the backbone needed for Israel. It just makes total sense that Psalm 83 will happen while he is PM. God has all the pieces in place. Wow we really are close to the "rapture."

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
Looking for this sort of literal correspondence between Bible prophecy and current day politics is a waste of time and energy. The Lord has told us that we won't know the time of His return.

Trying identify various actors on the world stage with the anti-christ or some other source of world conflict is likley to be futile and only serves to create suspicion and distrust. Our commission is to spread the news of God's work and promise of salvation, not to finger point, condemn and even engineer circumstances to hasten Jesus' return.

No - I don't expect Damascus to be destroyed this year.

Reactions: truthquest

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
In case no one has noticed, we are half way through the month of May and quickly running out of Spring.

Either something is going to happen extremely soon, or it is yet another prediction that bites the dust.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Looking for this sort of literal correspondence between Bible prophecy and current day politics is a waste of time and energy. The Lord has told us that we won't know the time of His return.

Trying identify various actors on the world stage with the ante-christ or some other source of world conflict is likley to be futile and only serves to create suspicion and distrust. Our commission is to spread the news of God's work and promise of salvation, not to finger point, condemn and even engineer circumstances to hasten Jesus' return.

No - I don't expect Damascus to be destroyed this year.

Nice attitude towards Bible prophecy. I read in the Bible about a generation of Jews that shared the same attitude you have and didn't recognize who Jesus Christ was when He walked the shores of Galiliee. If nearly 30% of the Bible contains prophecy and the "last days" is the most talked about period of time in the entire Bible, then I hardly think its a futile process to study these amazing prophecies about the end. Maybe you're mind is incapable of wrapping itself around multiple issues? I know I have more than enough space in my mind and energy to focus on multiple themes in the Bible, simultaneously. Anything that's in the Bible is worth thinking about and spending time on. What better way to help people understand the seriousness of the salvation message then by relating to them where we are on God's prophetic time clock and what consequences one will face if they miss the bus? Btw, no one is going to hasten or engineer anything in the Middle East to hasten the return of Christ. God has seen the beginning from the end and we can be confident that the events He described in vivid detail, regarding the end, will go as planned no matter what you or I do.

Streetsweeper

Dec 28, 2008
Sydney
Nice attitude towards Bible prophecy....................................
..................................................................... What better way to help people understand the seriousness of the salvation message then by relating to them where we are on God's prophetic time clock and what consequences one will face if they miss the bus?

Bible prophecy, as it has been fulfilled, is important in giving confidence that what has been foretold will eventually occur. However I avoid being prescriptive, or even focussing unecessarily on interpretation of how future prophecy will be fulfilled. In particular I regard attempts to correlate specific current events to a prophetic time-line as extremely ill-advised.

Forecasts, such as the destruction of Damascus, based on scriptural interpretation have for nearly 2000 years been shown to be uniformly inaccurate. The prophetic literalist's desire to extrapolate a superficial selection of political and natural events into a narrowly defined forecast of last things, has served only to present Christian belief as deranged fantasy.

We know there will be/is a general decline in the acceptance of the Lord, and increasing incidents of conflict and natural disaster. The declining state of the world will, in God's good time, culminate in Jesus' final return. We really don't need to forecast more than the fact that, as conditions worsen we can have confidence that in the end we will have joy, peace and rest with Lord. The validation of that claim lies in the crucifixion and resurrection. It is the message of salvation we need to communicate, not some 'prophetic time clock'.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Bible prophecy, as it has been fulfilled, is important in giving confidence that what has been foretold will eventually occur. However I avoid being prescriptive, or even focussing unecessarily on interpretation of how future prophecy will be fulfilled. In particular I regard attempts to correlate specific current events to a prophetic time-line as extremely ill-advised.

Forecasts, such as the destruction of Damascus, based on scriptural interpretation have for nearly 2000 years been shown to be uniformly inaccurate. The prophetic literalist's desire to extrapolate a superficial selection of political and natural events into a narrowly defined forecast of last things, has served only to present Christian belief as deranged fantasy.

We know there will be/is a general decline in the acceptance of the Lord, and increasing incidents of conflict and natural disaster. The declining state of the world will, in God's good time, culminate in Jesus' final return. We really don't need to forecast more than the fact that, as conditions worsen we can have confidence that in the end we will have joy, peace and rest with Lord. The validation of that claim lies in the crucifixion and resurrection. It is the message of salvation we need to communicate, not some 'prophetic time clock'.

For several thousand years, many who have studied the Bible didn't even understand the "technology" statements made in scripture. Nor did they understand how much of the events of the book of Revelation could come to pass. Some probably even held to the belief that giant chucks of fire and brimstone would actually be destroying the people in the last y years. Well we look today and we certainly have all the technology in place to bring the magnitude of destruction to this planet that has been foretold.

The technology and political climate to destroy Damascus and leave it uninhabitable certainly exists at the moment. There's no fantasy involved when it comes to looking at the Middle East and seeing the surrounding Muslim nations getting ready to wipe Israel off the map. Oh brother, its so sad to come across Christians like yourself who don't trust the Word of God and view future events with such cynicism. Maybe you just have limited knowledge about what goes on in the Middle East or maybe you aren't aware of the incredible amount of weapons technology being purchased by those nations from America and Russia. Well you need to wise up. Those nations have been preparing for well over a decade to destroy Israel. And in Pslam 83, God makes it clear he will pronounce judgment on those nations that come to destroy Israel. The god of Islam is in its final days of being revered. I trust God's Word any day over that of someone that has no confidence in ALL of His word. That's you bud. ;)