Will God judge true believers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. Paul addresses the believers in Romans 14:

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;
The Greek word is G968 bema for judgment seat. HELPS Word-studies:

968 bḗma (from bainō, "to step, ascend") – properly, a platform to which someone walked up to receive judgment; (figuratively) the administration of justice – literally, given from "a tribunal-chair" (throne) where rewards and punishments are meted out.
12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
The Bema is different from the Great White Throne, Revelation 20:

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. ...
15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
At the Great White Throne's judgment, true believers will not be thrown into the lake of fire.

At the Bema, Christ will judge our good deeds and bad deeds and reward us accordingly. Paul was looking forward to it, 2 Corinthians 5:

8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
Should we be scared of this judgment?

No, not if we have been born of the Paraclete and growing in faith. On balance, I expect to receive some rewards after my resurrection :)

Will all of our sins be publicly revealed during the judgment?

I doubt it. We should always live our lives with a clear conscience before God because God knows everything. We should fear God more than we fear public opinion.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Paul addresses the believers in Romans 14:

The Greek word is G968 bema for judgment seat. HELPS Word-studies:

The Bema is different from the Great White Throne, Revelation 20:

At the Great White Throne's judgment, true believers will not be thrown into the lake of fire.

At the Bema, Christ will judge our good deeds and bad deeds and reward us accordingly. Paul was looking forward to it, 2 Corinthians 5:

Should we be scared of this judgment?

No, not if we have been born of the Paraclete and growing in faith. On balance, I expect to receive some rewards after my resurrection :)

Will all of our sins be publicly revealed during the judgment?

I doubt it. We should always live our lives with a clear conscience before God because God knows everything. We should fear God more than we fear public opinion.
We are all judged. Those who obey the Lord have nothing to fear.