Will The New Heaven And Earth Be A (Renewal-Regeneration) Of This Earth, Or Will It Be A Completely (New Creation)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not trying to take a future literal event and remove it through symbolism and allegory. You have said you disagree. And if I understood correctly you gave the reason why you disagree. 1) I took it out of context 2) I am trying to remove or take away a future literal event through symbolism and allegory.

I was also sharing with you what my take away is from the passages. What they mean to me at the moment. That is all.
Do you believe there will be a "Future, New Creation" In A New Heaven And Earth?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe there will be a "Future, New Creation" In A New Heaven And Earth?
I’m not sure what to believe anymore. But I do think whatever God does or has planned… I will not be disappointed. That is what I get from all the long post like the one I shared with you here…not to prove some point or try to imply anything about the future. I’m only learning more and more everyday that God is good and what He has planned is good. Do you think I would be disappointed if you are a hundred percent right? No.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new (G2537 kainos) earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new (G2537 kainos) creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Same word here but this new creature isn't new as in completely different physically. There is only a newness in a spiritual sense. The body is still the old body. Perhaps the new Earth will likewise be the old body/planet but spiritually new?

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree somewhat, but not quite. At least you cleared up your avatar.

"And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

Why do you have a pyramid when Scripture states 4 square? Sure a pyramid has a square base but it is not 4 square. There are 3 gates on each side, and a gate is normally square or rectangle. It would be impossible for a pyramid to have 12 rectangle gates, especially with all sides being the same measurement.
Shalom, Timtofly.

Actually, if one will take notice, the verse quoted says "the city LIETH foursquare." The Greek phrase is "ἡ πόλις τετράγωνος κεῖται." Transliterated, this is "hee polis tetragoonos keitai." Translated word-for-word, this is "the city four-angled lies." "Tetragoonos" gives us the word "tetragon" in math terms. It simply means "four angles," and the word refers to the BASE of the city. A regular tetragon is called a "square" on the small scale; however, the sides of this city are said to be TWELVE THOUSAND FURLONGS (STADIA) LONG! This is from the Greek word "stadion," referring to the Roman word "stadium" or "stade" for short. There are literally hundreds of mile markers scattered around Europe and the Middle East from the Roman Empire that give distances all around the old Roman roads.

One can ascertain from Wikipedia on Roman measurements, that the Roman "stade" was 607.14 feet long. From the other measurements, one can refine this to be 607.142222 feet (2/9ths of a hundredth more). Twelve thousand of these then would be 1,379.868686... miles in length.

Now, just as the second earth didn't change that much in dimensions from the first earth before the Flood, I'm going to guess that the third earth will also not change that much in size, from the current earth. Currently, the earth has an equitorial circumference of approximately 24,901 miles. This distance of 1,379.8686 miles is 1,379.868686 / 24,901 x 360 degrees = 19.95 degrees! That's almost 20 degrees difference between "down" on one side of the city from "down" on the opposite side of the city, and both sides of the city are almost 10 degrees different from "down" in the center of the city. This fact throws a HUGE monkeywrench into the calculations for a cube shape to the city! Is the top of the city LONGER than the bottom of the city in length? Is the city kept at right angles to the earth's surface on both sides, making it appear more trapezoidal in shape? Or, is the top the same length as the bottom of the city, making the sides of the cube angle inward about 10 degrees? Anyway one looks at it, the cube has a BIG problem!

However, if one understands that this verse is solely referring to the BASE of the city, then all four walls can be angled in, and by how much wouldn't matter as long as all four sides angle upward to a point, the CAPSTONE of the city. Notice: the city is not said to have a roof nor is it said to be open at the top. And, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") is called "the headstone of the corner" or the "capstone!" After all, the children of Israel were in Egypt for 430 years! They knew how a "capstone" appeared.

This city is also said to have foundations, both here in Revelation 21 and in Hebrews 11:10, and one would be wise to recognize that at least the first foundation would be SET within the surface of the earth. After all, as you noted, the city is said to have "On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates." (Revelation 21:13). Therefore, the city is ALIGNED with true north! These gates are said to be made of a single pearl, and they always stand open! Now, the first foundation is made of jasper, all four walls of the city are made of jasper, and if there is no roof or open area at the top, then the city is TOTALLY ENCLOSED with jasper, the blood stone! Thus, there is NO WAY to enter the city without going through the blood! Furthermore, each gate, being a pearl, is more than likely ROUND, like a stone! If the gates always stand open (and they are said to do so), then EACH GATE has "the stone rolled away" from the entrance! We are also told that each gate is attended by an angel! The imagery is just too much to ignore!

Granted, that John did not say the top was the same size, but that is what 4 square would be assuming.

"Foursquare" is an ENGLISH translation of what was written, as described above. It is ONLY about the BASE! It "LIETH foursquare," and it is ASSUMED to be four square angles. Actually, because of the curvature of the earth, the angles are probably LESS than 90 degrees, in order to keep the sides straight around the earth's curvature with the distance kept uniform across the city. The walls will appear to be slightly concave because of the "hump" of the earth in the center of the city, even though the bottom will be level throughout.

Gates are normally up and down on a wall.
Gate openings are different than the gates themselves. The gates are said to be single pearls. And, the OPENING in the wall for the gates will be a tunnel through the jasper wall. The other measurement of 144 cubits, or 72 yards, is probably talking about the THICKNESS of the walls at the gates! That's almost 3/4ths of a football field thick! Through this opening, will go the street of the city and if the street goes through it, so will the waters of the River of the Water of Life! This river begins at the Throne of God and of the Lamb, and will water the entire city and then exit through the twelve gates, onto the earth's surface, each river in a different direction from the city. The gates will be almost 460 miles apart from center of gate to center of gate, given that the perimeter of the city will be 4 x 1,379.8686 miles divided by 12 gates. This distance will be 460 miles around the corners, as well. Thus, almost 230 miles from the last gate to the corner of the city.

Also I don't see God saying the city changes the structure of the earth, nor pushes anything, anywhere. For one thing, we are not even talking about the same earth nor an earth that may even need any oceans.

I don't believe that is true.

First, we are told in several passages of Scripture that the earth abides forever. What is destroyed in the Fire is what is accessible by the Fire - the surface of the earth, where the "works of men" can be found. What would be the sense in destroying the whole planet? God didn't do that in the Flood; so, why would He do that in the Fire?

Second, the "heavens" are simply "ouranoi," or "skies." This is referring to the ATMOSPHERE surrounding the earth, not the whole universe, as some claim.

Third, John didn't say that he saw no more "seas," just "sea" singular.

But, sure, if you want to compare it to what we know, the New Jerusalem will take up a lot of real estate.

But even looking back into Genesis, it would seem most of the oceans we have today came from water that was above the firmament. And there was a lot more dry land prior to the Flood. Do we need all that water today, and would the earth need all this water in the next creation?

Sea life has been adapted to the deep oceans. Even the trenches have life within them! Why wouldn't there be all that water?

From human standards the oldest separation of land is the Mediterranean. So the original Garden of Eden did extend out into what the Mediterranean Sea now covers, prior to the Flood, and no one living on earth was even allowed into the Garden of Eden. For all we know it could have covered the same real estate you figure the New Jerusalem will. Obviously there was no Sea then either, technically speaking. People would be all over an unsplit continent, on all sides of the Garden of Eden. Especially if the Garden of Eden was the center of that single continent. Also to point out this center used to be closer to or the north pole area. After the Flood the whole area moved to allow for seasons and a literal freezing zone of the north pole itself. There would have not been the north sea either.

Personally I think the NHNE will be extremely larger than current earth and heaven, and the city will actually seem small in comparison. It would look like just another natural city, among many. But who knows?

I don't think that God would allow "God's Tent" to be "just another natural city." Besides, this city is currently being made in outer space. It's the best place to grow crystals of such sizes, and Yeeshuwa` said, "I go to prepare a place for you." He was raised to be a carpenter, after all! The author of Hebrews said that this city is an "epouranios" city; that is, a "city from above the sky" or from above the atmosphere!

It's fun to think about, anyway.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure what to believe anymore. But I do think whatever God does or has planned… I will not be disappointed. That is what I get from all the long post like the one I shared with you here…not to prove some point or try to imply anything about the future. I’m only learning more and more everyday that God is good and what He has planned is good. Do you think I would be disappointed if you are a hundred percent right? No.
1 Corinthians 2:9KJV
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Third, John didn't say that he saw no more "seas," just "sea" singular.

So? No more sea means no sea or seas. It means salt water, which will not exist in the NHNE. FYI, John didn't write "sea" either since the word had not yet been invented.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? No more sea means no sea or seas. It means salt water, which will not exist in the NHNE. FYI, John didn't write "sea" either since the word had not yet been invented.
False, "Sea" represents multitudes of people

The beast rose out of the "sea"

The whore sits upon many waters

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Only sometimes. It can and does simply mean salt water. The New Earth does not have that water. If it means what you claim in Rev 21 then no one is alive on the new Earth.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, ewq1938.

Greek is particular when differentiating between the singular and the plural, even in the negative. He was singling out a particular sea. There are good reasons to have a saltwater sea. Maintaining the salinity of the seas gives balance to the oceans that would otherwise be impossible. Sea life NEEDS the salinity for its minerals and electrolytes! The fish and invertebrates that live within the oceans were created to live there!

God created a perfect (mature) environment and perfect (mature) living things within the six days of Creation. "Perfect" means not too much and not too little. It's the BALANCE that God found "very good."

I believe that God will reform His initial perfection. Why would a PERFECT GOD mess with HIS OWN PERFECT CREATION?

A pastor friend of mine once gave an outline for the whole Bible:

I. What ought to be - Genesis 1, 2
II. What is - Genesis 3
III. How to get from what is to what ought to be - Genesis 4 - Revelation 22

No, Yochanan didn't use "sea"; and, he probably didn't use "thalassa" either! He probably used "yaam." He was a Jew who spoke Hebrew, after all.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The beast rose out of the "sea"

The whore sits upon many waters
Shalom, Truth7t7.

Not everything in Revelation is to be reinterpreted as "spiritual" or allegorical. I believe that most of it is NOT allegorical. Allegory means nothing without a concrete understanding of the things behind the allegory. In this passage, the "sea" is just that: a sea!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only sometimes. It can and does simply mean salt water. The New Earth does not have that water. If it means what you claim in Rev 21 then no one is alive on the new Earth.
Shalom, ewq1938.

Actually, the New Earth will probably have that water. It was pronounced "very good" before the Flood, and saltwater was a part of that water before the Flood. There's no reason to think otherwise.

The River of the Water of Life will be parted into TWELVE heads (not just four) and issue out of the gates of the city onto the New Earth, for it flows down the middle of the streets of the city, and certainly the streets run to the gates. FOLLOW THE RIVER! So, there will certainly be waters upon the New Earth. Yochanan just said he didn't see a PARTICULAR sea, and I believe he was talking about that sea that separated him from his loved ones to whom he was writing.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, ewq1938.

With regard to salt water not existing in the NHNE, have you considered this prophecy in Ezekiel?

Ezekiel 47:1-12 (KJV)

1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house [stood toward] the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south [side] of the altar. 2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters [were] to the ankles. 4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters [were] to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters [were] to the loins. 5 Afterward he measured a thousand; [and it was] a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. 6 And he said unto me,

"Son of man, hast thou seen [this]?"

Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river [were] very many trees on the one side and on the other. 8 Then said he unto me,

"These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: [which being] brought forth into the sea (the Dead Sea), the waters shall be healed. 9 And it shall come to pass, [that] every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. 10 And it shall come to pass, [that] the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a [place] to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. 11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. 12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Truth7t7.

Not everything in Revelation is to be reinterpreted as "spiritual" or allegorical. I believe that most of it is NOT allegorical. Allegory means nothing without a concrete understanding of the things behind the allegory. In this passage, the "sea" is just that: a sea!
I Disagree

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Revelation 22:1-2 below represent a place on New Earth, where the river and tree of life are present?

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Revelation 22:1-2 below represent a place on New Earth, where the river and tree of life are present?

Revelation 22:1-2KJV
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Shalom, Truth7t7

Allow me to answer:

Not exactly. These verses are still referring to the New Jerusalem found in Revelation 21. The phrase "in the midst of the street of it" has "the New Jerusalem" as the antecedent of "it." In other words, the "it" refers to the New Jerusalem. So, the river flows down the middle of the street of the New Jerusalem like a median does on some interstates here in the USA. Furthermore, on either side of the river and also in the middle of the street is a "park of trees," and that IS the definition of "paradeisos" or "Paradise." These verses are talking about Paradise, and the Tree of Life growing in God's Paradise within the New Jerusalem.

In a SENSE, you're correct, because at the time when these verses are fulfilled, the New Jerusalem will have landed upon the New Earth; so technically, it IS "a place on the New Earth." ALL of the streets in the New Jerusalem have this description. Furthermore, all the water in the River of the Water of Life emanates from the Throne.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Timtofly.

Actually, if one will take notice, the verse quoted says "the city LIETH foursquare." The Greek phrase is "ἡ πόλις τετράγωνος κεῖται." Transliterated, this is "hee polis tetragoonos keitai." Translated word-for-word, this is "the city four-angled lies." "Tetragoonos" gives us the word "tetragon" in math terms. It simply means "four angles," and the word refers to the BASE of the city. A regular tetragon is called a "square" on the small scale; however, the sides of this city are said to be TWELVE THOUSAND FURLONGS (STADIA) LONG! This is from the Greek word "stadion," referring to the Roman word "stadium" or "stade" for short. There are literally hundreds of mile markers scattered around Europe and the Middle East from the Roman Empire that give distances all around the old Roman roads.

One can ascertain from Wikipedia on Roman measurements, that the Roman "stade" was 607.14 feet long. From the other measurements, one can refine this to be 607.142222 feet (2/9ths of a hundredth more). Twelve thousand of these then would be 1,379.868686... miles in length.

This fact throws a HUGE monkeywrench into the calculations for a cube shape to the city! Is the top of the city LONGER than the bottom of the city in length? Anyway one looks at it, the cube has a BIG problem!

However, if one understands that this verse is solely referring to the BASE of the city, then all four walls can be angled in, and by how much wouldn't matter as long as all four sides angle upward to a point, the CAPSTONE of the city. Notice: the city is not said to have a roof nor is it said to be open at the top. And, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") is called "the headstone of the corner" or the "capstone!" After all, the children of Israel were in Egypt for 430 years! They knew how a "capstone" appeared.

Gate openings are different than the gates themselves. The gates are said to be single pearls. And, the OPENING in the wall for the gates will be a tunnel through the jasper wall. The other measurement of 144 cubits, or 72 yards, is probably talking about the THICKNESS of the walls at the gates! That's almost 3/4ths of a football field thick! The gates will be almost 460 miles apart from center of gate to center of gate, given that the perimeter of the city will be 4 x 1,379.8686 miles divided by 12 gates. This distance will be 460 miles around the corners, as well. Thus, almost 230 miles from the last gate to the corner of the city.

I don't think that God would allow "God's Tent" to be "just another natural city."
First off, this is not the "third earth age" in Revelation 21.

The earth is made new after the Second Coming, because of the baptism of fire in 2 Peter 3. There was the earth prior to the Flood. That earth was destroyed and perished in the Flood, but why would it change size? All that changed is all, or most of the water above the firmament came back to the surface of the earth and was no longer above the firmament. That was a change to both heaven and earth, due to the concentration of water changing locations. One could say God was creating a new heaven and earth and the former things were no longer remembered. That was a physical change, not a spiritual, mind changing change.

The children of Shem, Ham, and Japheth would have no clue or experience of that prior world, and would have take their father's or Noah's word for such knowledge.

So Peter goes on to say that we have the same heavens and earth until the baptism of fire, which will once again forever change both heaven and earth. Now, neither Peter nor John explicitly states that God creates anything prior to the Day of the Lord. Peter implies:

"Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

John implies that life on earth goes on for another thousand years while Satan is bound. Because after the thousand years, people from the four corners of the earth, march across the breadth of the earth to do harm to those around Jerusalem and the camp of the saints. The Day of the Lord is the third earth time frame. It is the third time God put in the effort to create a new and different heaven and earth. In fact we see this new creation in Revelation 6:12-14

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

This is the baptism of fire per 2 Peter 3:10-13

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

So no one is going to find destruction as mentioned in 2 Peter 3 in Revelation 19, nor 20. Because the 2 Peter 3 moment already happened prior to the 7 Trumpets. Isaiah 65 gives us the detail of Revelation 20.

After the thousand years is when all things are subdued per 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

The end is after the Day of the Lord. The baptism of fire is this:

"afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

So between the Second Coming and the end is the Day of the Lord where Jesus will reign until all things are subdued. This is the new creation of the "third earth age" as you put it. This period is at the minimum a thousand years per Revelation 20.

So even Paul says this current creation returns to God from whence it came. It is not destroyed nor obliterated. Even John does not explicitly say destroyed. John writes they flee away from the presence of God. Paul says they become so that only God remains. So fleeing could resemble what it means to vanish away. The point is that there is not a restoration, but a defined beginning and end to this creation. The NHNE is not an extension of this creation. There is a defined difference between the end of this creation and the beginning of the next creation. I doubt John is implying that the NHNE has to wait until all are cast into the LOF. Nor would those living in the OHOE necessarily notice a change to the NHNE.

Which means that despite the size of the New Jerusalem it will not be affected even if there is curvature to the earth. You are still trying to place the New Jerusalem onto the current earth. And unless you are claiming God built the pyramids and needs a capstone, this city is still a normal city with normal walls all equal in length, depth, and height. Only you are forcing a wall to be slanted. A pyramid is not a city, but would be an interesting building that would comfortably fit inside the New Jerusalem.

But considering the physics aspect if walls were to go up per a curvature a straight line can still go up a thousand miles into the air. You claim they do not go up but go at an angle and meet at the top. There is nothing in this chapter that requires the city to be enclosed. So no city has to have the walls also be the roof. That is the only reason why a pyramid is still considered a building.

Since you have gone into speculation mode, why would there not be future flying modes of transportation? One could assume the gates would also allow for airplanes, as it would be inefficient to fly that high in the air to enter. In your alleged pyramid shape would two gates be at ground level and the third for airplanes, as your slanted walls don't seem to allow 3 gates all at ground level, without loosing height?

For me it just seems a city will look like a city and not an enclosed building. That and this:

"And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

I don't see how the height can be equal to both the length and breadth, if a wall is not square. The top would not be equal to the bottom. The height in the center may be, but at a slant, the wall itself would be a different length.

1705867513605.png

If a is the same length as the length and breadth of the base, then the actual wall will be a different measurement, h. That is what happens when the wall is slanted instead of at a right angle. So your wall is not the same height if it has the same measurement as the base.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created a perfect (mature) environment and perfect (mature) living things within the six days of Creation. "Perfect" means not too much and not too little. It's the BALANCE that God found "very good."
God may not even need 6 days to create the next reality. One could argue that the 6 days were pre-ordained as God equated the 6 days of Adam's punishment to His 6 days of creation. God does not seem to leave it up to a single human to determine the course of history in the NHNE.

So if God does not need any oceans, in the NHNE, why argue they are necessary? One could say all the water even that placed above the firmament was in preparation for the Flood itself. Not that God planned for sin, but was prepared for sin, and not taken by surprise at the last moment.

I don't see any waiting at all in Revelation 21:1

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

Compared to the time between chapters 18 and 19.

"And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven."

John does not state: "And after these things", ie the scene at the GWT Judgment, between the two creations.

Also this river is not written as leaving the city in either Revelation 21 nor 22. I assume you go to Ezekiel 47? Zechariah 14 mentions 2 rivers, and Ezekiel 47 1 river. But neither descriptions describe exactly Revelation 22. The tree of life is not specifically named in either Ezekiel or Zechariah. Zechariah is still talking about the current Dead Sea and the Mediterranean. Ezekiel could be talking about just the river going to the Dead Sea.

My interpretation would be that no one in the OT saw what John saw in Revelation 21 and 22. All OT prophecies including Isaiah 65 only get us to the Day of the Lord, and the one thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20.