Will The New Heaven And Earth Be A (Renewal-Regeneration) Of This Earth, Or Will It Be A Completely (New Creation)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reformed Theology falsely teaches this existing earth will be (Renewed-Regenerated) a false teaching

This earth will be dissolved by the Lord's fire down to its very elements, it will be a completely (New Creation) as God's word clearly teaches below

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

(I Create) not (I Renew/Regenerate)

The very same Hebrew word used (Bara) in Isaiah 65:17 (Create) is seen used in Genesis 1:1 (Created) below

(Strongs, Absolutely To Create)

Isaiah 65:17KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Genesis 1:1KJV
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Strong’s Definitions
בָּרָא bârâʼ, baw-raw'; a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):—choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

KJV Translation Count — Total: 54x
The KJV translates Strong's H1254 in the following manner: create (42x), creator (3x), choose (2x), make (2x), cut down (2x), dispatch (1x), done (1x), make fat (1x).

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually think it will be the same earth, since it is mentioned several times in Scriptures that the earth is forever.

Psa 78.69 He built his sanctuary like the heights, like the earth that he established forever.
Eccl 1.4 Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

We do hear that God created the world, and rested on the 7th Day. Are we then to believe that He will start all over again?

I don't think so. When God says that He will create a "new earth" I think He is just saying it will be made new--not created anew. It will be a remodel on a grand scale perhaps, but the same earth.

So what about the heavens disappearing? I think that is an ancient description of a time when the sky couldn't be seen, such as when there is a thick fog or cloud cover, or perhaps a large fire with smoke covering the sky.

The dissolving of the elements is what happens when there is a fire or a volcanic eruption. Nobody writing in ancient times would be thinking about the dissolution of creation itself into its atomic particles, which in itself is not a new creation. Fission is not the end of the old universe--it is a movement of energy and material from one place to another.

No, I think we're talking about the destructive war that God will bring about at Armageddon, resulting in the destruction of wide swaths of the earth. Things are going to be destroyed in God's judgment. And this will be in preparation for a new age, and ultimately, a remodeled earth. Just my thoughts....

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so. When God says that He will create a "new earth" I think He is just saying it will be made new--not created anew. It will be a remodel on a grand scale perhaps, but the same earth.
You deny the truth of God's words below, (Create)

The very same Hebrew word used (Bara) in Isaiah 65:17 (Create) is seen used in Genesis 1:1 (Created) below

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Strong’s Definitions
בָּרָא bârâʼ, baw-raw'; a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed (as formative processes):—choose, create (creator), cut down, dispatch, do, make (fat).

The KJV translates Strong's H1254 in the following manner: create (42x), creator (3x), choose (2x), make (2x), cut down (2x), dispatch (1x), done (1x), make fat (1x).

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I accept God's word that the present earth is "forever." Do you deny that?
You quote scripture stating "The Earth" abideth forever?

It will abide forever, in a New "Earth" its not Mars, Venus, or Pluto but "Earth"

You will closely note scripture doesn't state "This Earth" but "The Earth"

Yes you deny that the Hebrew word (Bara) below means to (Absolutely Create)

Strong’s Definitions

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will The New Heaven And Earth Be A (Renewal-Regeneration) Of This Earth, Or Will It Be A Completely (New Creation)?

* Interesting question….
* Puzzling Scriptures…..

Gen 1:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ecc 1:
[4] One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Ecc 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Isa.65
[17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isa.66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make , shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2Pet.3
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Cor.5
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal.6
[15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Remembering Visions were given, Men spoke, Men (Scribes) wrote, Men (Recorders, transcribed to Scrolls), Men Copied from Scroll, From Memory, (when writings were lost, confiscated, burned), Men distributed copies.

A bit of Knowledge and Understanding…
God … by, through, of;
His Word, His Power, His Seed;
He Restores, He Makes aNew that which He Created and Made “Very Good” (and Became “NOT Good)…
FOR ‘SOME” things to become Again “Made” “Very Good”….
And
FOR “SOME” things to become “Made” destroyed and Forgotten.

DESTROYED?

Fact IS: Everything that WAS created NEVER can Become “Uncreated”.

A “CREATED” thing, Can, Does, Will Become a “Changed MATTER”…

Earth is Dry Land.
Wet Land is not Earth.
Dust became a Man.
Man becomes Dust.
* Life of man is Blood.
Blood Life shall, must Die.
* Life OF God is He, Spirit, Breath, Word.
Gods Life Can Never Die.
* Corruption IN Heaven, ON Earth…
Shall, Must, Will Die, Pass Away and Be MADE ANEW,
* Corruption OF man…
Shall, Must, Will Die, Pass Away
* Men who REJECT becoming MADE ANEW…
Will become returned to Dust and Forgotten.

Gen 3:
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Anew IS Making, Renewing, Restoring, Refreshing ONCE MORE that which IS to that which IT WAS.

Rev 21:
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Glory to God,
Taken

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

* Interesting question….
* Puzzling Scriptures…..

Gen 1:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ecc 1:
[4] One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

Ecc 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Isa.65
[17] For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isa.66
[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make , shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2Pet.3
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Cor.5
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal.6
[15] For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Remembering Visions were given, Men spoke, Men (Scribes) wrote, Men (Recorders, transcribed to Scrolls), Men Copied from Scroll, From Memory, (when writings were lost, confiscated, burned), Men distributed copies.

A bit of Knowledge and Understanding…
God … by, through, of;
His Word, His Power, His Seed;
He Restores, He Makes aNew that which He Created and Made “Very Good” (and Became “NOT Good)…
FOR ‘SOME” things to become Again “Made” “Very Good”….
And
FOR “SOME” things to become “Made” destroyed and Forgotten.

DESTROYED?

Fact IS: Everything that WAS created NEVER can Become “Uncreated”.

A “CREATED” thing, Can, Does, Will Become a “Changed MATTER”…

Earth is Dry Land.
Wet Land is not Earth.
Dust became a Man.
Man becomes Dust.
* Life of man is Blood.
Blood Life shall, must Die.
* Life OF God is He, Spirit, Breath, Word.
Gods Life Can Never Die.
* Corruption IN Heaven, ON Earth…
Shall, Must, Will Die, Pass Away and Be MADE ANEW,
* Corruption OF man…
Shall, Must, Will Die, Pass Away
* Men who REJECT becoming MADE ANEW…
Will become returned to Dust and Forgotten.

Gen 3:
[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Anew IS Making, Renewing, Restoring, Refreshing ONCE MORE that which IS to that which IT WAS.

Rev 21:
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Glory to God,
Taken

It will abide forever, in a New "Earth" its not Mars, Venus, or Pluto but "Earth"

Strong’s Definitions

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Strong’s Definitions

Your human EYES has NOT SEEN that which hath been, which shall be, is done, shall be done.

Your human Mindful UNDERStANDING has NOT UNDERSTOOD, what hath been, shall be, is done, shall be done.

SHALL be, is not news to God AS IF He is waiting to SEE what Already IS.

The WAITING, The SEEING, The UNDERSTANDING IS appointed unto MANKIND.

Ecc 1:

Ecc 3:
[15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

From the Beginning of Creation AND Making…It is of no Mystery to God.

Little by Little, Bit by Bit God’s Knowledge of what was, is, shall be is revealed, FOR mankind’s benefit.
Some men believe it, trust it, get it….some do not.

You are expecting a NEW Creation.

I am expecting What God created and man corrupted, to be Restored, Renewed and Revealed.

Glory to God,
Taken

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your human EYES has NOT SEEN that which hath been, which shall be, is done, shall be done.

Your human Mindful UNDERStANDING has NOT UNDERSTOOD, what hath been, shall be, is done, shall be done.

SHALL be, is not news to God AS IF He is waiting to SEE what Already IS.

The WAITING, The SEEING, The UNDERSTANDING IS appointed unto MANKIND.

Ecc 1:

Ecc 3:
[15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

From the Beginning of Creation AND Making…It is of no Mystery to God.

Little by Little, Bit by Bit God’s Knowledge of what was, is, shall be is revealed, FOR mankind’s benefit.
Some men believe it, trust it, get it….some do not.

You are expecting a NEW Creation.

I am expecting What God created and man corrupted, to be Restored, Renewed and Revealed.

Glory to God,
Taken

I agree. What God created, and man corrupted, will be restored, renewed and revealed. That is what God does!

• Love
Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. What God created, and man corrupted, will be restored, renewed and revealed. That is what God does!

Amen.

God desires ManKIND “chooses” Him.
The Good News IS: He offers ManKIND a “way” to choose Him!

Pss.23
[3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Mark.9
[12] And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Glory to God,
Taken

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

God desires ManKIND “chooses” Him.
The Good News IS: He offers ManKIND a “way” to choose Him!

Pss.23
[3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Mark.9
[12] And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Glory to God,
Taken

You might be interested in this detailed post. This is why "Truth" started this thread: 24 reasons to reject Premillennialism

He had no rebuttal for it - just a cut-and-paste.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP proves your claim false, you deny the Hebrew word (Bara) means (absolutely to create) it's that simple

Strong’s Definitions

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP proves your claim false, you deny the Hebrew word (Bara) means (absolutely to create)

Strong’s Definitions

I already addressed this, and you already avoided the reply. Posters can see my rebuttal and your avoidance here:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already addressed this, and you already avoided the reply. Posters can see my rebuttal and your avoidance here:

Does Isaiah 65:17 below state (I Create) 100% Yes, something you deny

You remove (I Create) and install your words (Renew/Regenerate) Its that simple

The words (I Create) aren't going away, God's words aren't contradictory

Kim Riddlebarger And Reformed Theology Is Wrong

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell us, what SEA do you believe the Lord is talking about here?
The word "Sea" in Revelation 21:1 represents multitudes of people, the multitudes of people are Gone, narrow is the way "Few" will find eternal life in the NHNE

The beast rises out of the "Sea" multitudes of people

The whore sits upon many waters, multitudes of people

Last edited:

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Sea" in Revelation 21:1 represents multitudes of people, the multitudes of people are Gone, narrow is the way "Few" will find eternal life in the NHNE

The beast rises out of the "Sea" multitudes of people

The whore sits upon many waters, multitudes of people

Okay, good. Specifically, there will be no more wicked sea in New Heaven and New Earth. In other words, no more wickedness.

Reactions: Truth7t7

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, good. Specifically, there will be no more wicked sea in New Heaven and New Earth. In other words, no more wickedness.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. I mean, there's still a lot of sea just no bad sea. The good sea still exists. That's what I meant to say."