Will we be sexless in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

It says we will not be Male or female. Does that mean we will be transgender or sexless or something? And if that's the case, then what about the verse that says the effeminate will not I herit the kingdom of earth? Aren't sexless people typically effeminate looking in appearance?

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

Personally I'm okay with being sexless in heaven

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be Sons and daughters and children of God in his kingdom, I believe friend of. I don’t think we will have the need to have sex there though, as I believe God had something for us to do there perhaps go outside the kingdom and bring people in? Only speculation, but Jesus does say there is no marriage in heaven though I’ll believe we can know who we are somehow in our new spiritual body that God gives.

Reactions: Cassandra

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

It says we will not be Male or female. Does that mean we will be transgender or sexless or something? And if that's the case, then what about the verse that says the effeminate will not I herit the kingdom of earth? Aren't sexless people typically effeminate looking in appearance?

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

Yes, angels are sexless, no need all were created. Those who go to heaven will have spirit bodies as the angels. Although they are called the bride of Christ, it is not a marriage like husband and wife.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think that's it. Society divides so that one group can have an advantage over another. That won't happen in heaven, I think Paul is saying. We will all be equal.

Radrook

Aug 16, 2010
writerdreams.freeforums.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always understood that sacripure to mean that we are all equal before God,. That nobody is inferior to the other based on nationaliy, race or gender.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No sex, so no sex organs either.
It's interesting to ponder. We recognize loved ones by their sex. When we go to heaven, we will be surprised. "Is that you Mom? What happened to your breasts?" "Don't need them up here honey..." So, knowing them by name, they would still keep their names whether male or female names.
We apparently eat food too ... but do not excrete waste, because it is pure nutrition - no waste, perfectly absorbed. Wait a minute, we don't need nutrition for energy, we have an endless amount of energy (if that is what you call it). We won't get tired or weak or sick, so eating would just be for enjoyment ... ?
Also, we won't have any of our physical organs and systems of our old bodies
because it is a spiritual body. As for our resurrected bodies, they outwardly look similar but not inside. No blood plumping, or lungs that breath; just new, eternal, multi-dimensional spiritual bodies.
But that begs the question: Does the spiritual realm have similar properties as the physical realm? Speaking to someone here requires air pushed out of your lungs causing vibrations through vocal chords, tongues and lips to form words; ears to pick up the sounds; eyes to see light and colors; hands to touch and throw a ball; legs to run, etc. From my umderstandimg, Heaven looks just like earth, only perfect with more bright colors.
It is difficult to imagine what we will be like amd heaven - it's a mystery.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sex, so no sex organs either.
It's interesting to ponder. We recognize loved ones by their sex. When we go to heaven, we will be surprised. "Is that you Mom? What happened to your breasts?" "Don't need them up here honey..." So, knowing them by name, they would still keep their names whether male or female names.
We apparently eat food too ... but do not excrete waste, because it is pure nutrition - no waste, perfectly absorbed. Wait a minute, we don't need nutrition for energy, we have an endless amount of energy (if that is what you call it). We won't get tired or weak or sick, so eating would just be for enjoyment ... ?
Also, we won't have any of our physical organs and systems in our old bodies
because it is a spiritual body. As for our resurrected bodies, they oitwardly look similar bit not onside. No blood plumping, or lungs that breath; just new, eternal, multi-dimensional spiritual bodies.
But that begs the question: Does the spiritual realm have similar properties as the physical realm? Speaking to someone here requires air pushed oit of your lungs causing vibrations through vocal chords, tongues and lips to form words; ears to pick up the sounds; eyes to see light and colors; hands to touch and throw a ball; legs to run, etc. From my umderstandimg, heavem looks just like earth, only perfect with more bright colors.
It is difficult to imagine what we will be like amd heaven - it's a mystery.
Only one option:

Join the Mormon church
Meet all the church requirements
Stand before the Father, Son, and Joseph Smith in the judgment and be deemed worthy of "god" status
Become the divine owner of your very own planet
Start your very own human race
Have "endless celestial sex" with countless celestial goddess wives to produce the "souls" needed for all those new human babies

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one option:

Join the Mormon church
Meet all the church requirements
Stand before the Father, Son, and Joseph Smith in the judgment and be deemed worthy of "god" status
Become the divine owner of your very own planet
Start your very own human race
Have "endless celestial sex" with countless celestial goddess wives to produce the "souls" needed for all those new human babies

If you care about what LDS Christians actually believe instead of the straw ma's like that video, let me know and I can explain things. If you're not interested, that's fine too.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you care about what LDS Christians actually believe instead of the straw ma's like that video, let me know and I can explain things. If you're not interested, that's fine too.
So, Joseph Smith is not joining Jesus and the Father on the judgment bench like what's portrayed in the video?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta lock this one up. Remember the rules state… No vulgar/obscene language or images. We are mostly adults here, but younger audiences frequent this forum as well. Please refrain from using offensive language in light of this. This is, by far not, just limited to swearing, and includes graphic language or content of sexual nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.