Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. - 1 Corinthians 3:18-19.

If there is one thing the believer needs today in the world we live in is; wisdom. Wisdom is something that is found only in Christ - or in God. So for the believer the only place they can have wisdom, is the only place it is found for them, and that is in Christ. There is a human wisdom ..or the wisdom of the world. I have alot of wise friends, alot smarter than I, as far as worldly ways on doing things by worldly wisdom. May be their training in education, or life experiences, or some other matter that makes them wise in worldly terms. But they do not know Christ, or at least they do not know Christ is in them. I have unsaved friends, as well as saved friends. And there is not much difference between the two. They both operation from a human wisdom, or the knowledge of good and evil. Now understand; we like to dress up knowledge. We will take the elicit knowledge of good and evil, and try to make it godly. One thing about the wisdom of God, it is easy to spot because it is in Christ. We see the old mind try to bring that wisdom - which looks very foolish..and add spiritual things to it..and call it godly wisdom.

Now like any other attribute of Christ, He does not give you anything - Christ is those things in you. Can you see the foolishness now; to try to bring a wisdom out of our minds into the world. We try to sound wise, we use big words and look impressive, and spend alot of money working on a wisdom that is foolishness. Now nothing wrong with education - just don't mistake your education for godly wisdom. Doctors for instance; if you have ever been sick, you need someone that knows - and has the wisdom to work on you. You can go along way in the world with education, if that is your desire.

We call paul the greatest psychologist that ever lived - based on his one point; of giving us the triune human being.. body soul and spirit. We didn't know that, until Paul gave it to us. But beyond that, all psychology can do is just tell you what is wrong with a human being, and put words, or terminology to it - there is no fix in psychology for the human being. The only fix is; when the Holy Spirit teaches an individual Christ. Because everything the human will ever need - comes from Christ in you the hope of glory!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you?
let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated,
full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.'

(Jas 3:13-18)

:)

Reactions: soul man

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in (or among) you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working,
which worketh in me mightily.'

(Col 1:27-29)

Hello @soul man

The words at the beginning of Colossians 1:27, always cause me to stop and consider, for they are, 'To whom God would make known' - this is something that God would have made known. To whom? is made known in the last words of verse 26, which is:- 'the saints'. This Truth is that which God would have made known to those who are already saved by His grace, not to the unsaved.

* The letters of Paul written to the Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, with Timothy 1 & 2, Titus and Philemon, from prison, following the revelation of The Mystery, made known to Paul there, by God, must be read, along with Romans 5:12-8:39, for they contain this truth. The prayer of Ephesians 1:17+ is important to pray too, if we would fully know and understand what God is telling us in these letters, for it is only with
'the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the acknowledgement of Him', that we will be able to understand these things of the Spirit: for they are spiritually discerned.

* Christ is 'in' or 'among' us, He alone is our hope of glory. Of resurrection life. It is He, now risen and glorified, and sat at God's right hand to Whom we are to look. For God has identified us with Him, in His death, His burial, His quickening, resurrection, and ascension to God's right hand, and we are in Him, where He is. He is our life, and when He appears in glory, we shall appear there with Him. Resurrected and changed into His very likeness.

* All is of the spirit for us now, the flesh counts for nothing. We no longer keep days, and months and years, or substitute types and shadows for the reality: for we have the reality; which is Christ in us, our hope of glory.

* We have been accepted in the Beloved, we are complete in Him, our sins have been forgiven us, and we stand before God holy and without blame, in Him. We have been given the spirit of sonship, whereby we call the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 'Father'. We are sons of God, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light. All is done, all is finished, we now await His appearing, when we too will appear with Him in glory.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @soul man,

In Ephesians 3:14-21, and the prayer found there: the request is that we would be strengthened with might in our inner man, that Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith, that we being rooted and grounded in love, may with all saints know, what is the length, depth, breadth and height, and the love of Christ which passes knowledge. * For that to be our portion we need to be strengthened in our inner man, for this is a life of faith, in which there is nothing of sight to which we can cling in the form of religious observance, for all is of the Spirit.

This is why we do not look for manifestations of the spirit, in the form of spiritual gifts or the miraculous, for we will not be given it: for all is entirely of the Spirit, and is a reckoning of faith. We reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God, and know that in ourselves, that is in our flesh, there is no good thing. Nothing, not even our most virtuous inclination has anything to offer God. Only what is of Christ in us, is of any worth.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in (or among) you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working,
which worketh in me mightily.'

(Col 1:27-29)

Hello @soul man

The words at the beginning of Colossians 1:27, always cause me to stop and consider, for they are, 'To whom God would make known' - this is something that God would have made known. To whom? is made known in the last words of verse 26, which is:- 'the saints'. This Truth is that which God would have made known to those who are already saved by His grace, not to the unsaved.

* The letters of Paul written to the Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians, with Timothy 1 & 2, Titus and Philemon, from prison, following the revelation of The Mystery, made known to Paul there, by God, must be read, along with Romans 5:12-8:39, for they contain this truth. The prayer of Ephesians 1:17+ is important to pray too, if we would fully know and understand what God is telling us in these letters, for it is only with
'the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the acknowledgement of Him', that we will be able to understand these things of the Spirit: for they are spiritually discerned.

* Christ is 'in' or 'among' us, He alone is our hope of glory. Of resurrection life. It is He, now risen and glorified, and sat at God's right hand to Whom we are to look. For God has identified us with Him, in His death, His burial, His quickening, resurrection, and ascension to God's right hand, and we are in Him, where He is. He is our life, and when He appears in glory, we shall appear there with Him. Resurrected and changed into His very likeness.

* All is of the spirit for us now, the flesh counts for nothing. We no longer keep days, and months and years, or substitute types and shadows for the reality: for we have the reality; which is Christ in us, our hope of glory.

* We have been accepted in the Beloved, we are complete in Him, our sins have been forgiven us, and we stand before God holy and without blame, in Him. We have been given the spirit of sonship, whereby we call the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 'Father'. We are sons of God, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light. All is done, all is finished, we now await His appearing, when we too will appear with Him in glory.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Good word Chris

Reactions: charity

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @soul man,

In Ephesians 3:14-21, and the prayer found there: the request is that we would be strengthened with might in our inner man, that Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith, that we being rooted and grounded in love, may with all saints know, what is the depth, length, depth and height, and the love of Christ which passes knowledge. * For that to be our portion we need to be strengthened in our inner man, for this is a life of faith, in which there is nothing of sight to which we can cling in the form of religious observance, for all is of the Spirit.

This is why we do not look for manifestations of the spirit, in the form of spiritual gifts or the miraculous, for we will not be given it: for all is entirely of the Spirit, and is a reckoning of faith. We reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God, and know that in ourselves, that is in our flesh, there is no good thing. Nothing, not even our most virtuous inclination has anything to offer God. Only what is of Christ in us, is of any worth.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

What is the word - that will preach :) great word! Thanks.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @soul man,

I am sorry, for I realise that I did not stick to the brief: re. Wisdom.
Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:23-31:-

But we preach Christ crucified,
.. unto the Jews a stumblingblock,
.... and unto the Greeks foolishness;
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,
.. Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

.... Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men;
...... and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
........ For ye see your calling, brethren,
.......... how that not many wise men after the flesh,
............ not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
.. and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
.... And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen,
...... yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
........ That no flesh should glory in His presence.
But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus,
.. Who of God is made unto us wisdom,
.... and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
...... That, according as it is written,
........ he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.'

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wisdom
OP ^

Wisdom is a gift of God, which is gifted to men, BY THOUGH OF, precisely CHRIST, whose Spirit is WITH or IN a man.

The Key is not only HAVING Gods WISDOM with or in a man, but a man acting on Gods WISDOM.

Gods Power IS HIS SPIRIT.
Gods Power IS HIS LIGHT.
God Power IS HIS GLORY.
God Power IS CALLED...Christ.
God Wisdom IS CALLED...Christ.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @soul man,

I am sorry, for I realise that I did not stick to the brief: re. Wisdom.
Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:23-31:-

But we preach Christ crucified,
.. unto the Jews a stumblingblock,
.... and unto the Greeks foolishness;
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,
.. Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

.... Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men;
...... and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
........ For ye see your calling, brethren,
.......... how that not many wise men after the flesh,
............ not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;
.. and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
.... And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen,
...... yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
........ That no flesh should glory in His presence.
But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus,
.. Who of God is made unto us wisdom,
.... and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
...... That, according as it is written,
........ he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.'

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I think we may have similar back grounds. If you don't mind me asking are you or were you a preacher :) that is the feeling I get.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wisdom
OP ^

Wisdom is a gift of God, which is gifted to men, BY THOUGH OF, precisely CHRIST, whose Spirit is WITH or IN a man.

The Key is not only HAVING Gods WISDOM with or in a man, but a man acting on Gods WISDOM.

Gods Power IS HIS SPIRIT.
Gods Power IS HIS LIGHT.
God Power IS HIS GLORY.
God Power IS CALLED...Christ.
God Wisdom IS CALLED...Christ.

Good word!

Reactions: Taken

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we may have similar back grounds. If you don't mind me asking are you or were you a preacher :) that is the feeling I get.
Hello @soul man,

No, I am not a preacher or a teacher, just someone who loves the word of God.

My greatest influence in regard to the study of God's word, are the works of, 'The Berean Publishing Trust': A teaching ministry, which publishes books and produces audio tapes on the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15; based at 'The Chapel of the Opened Book' in Wilson Street, London, not far from St Paul's.

'Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.'

(2 Timothy2:15)

I am not affiliated to any denomination, but these works, by such writers and teachers as, Dr E.W. Bullinger, Mr Charles H. Welch and Mr Stuart Allen, are dispensational in approach.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Berean Expositor – A Bible Study Magazine since 1909
The Open Bible Trust
HD Home Page
believer.com - Home Page
Welcome - BibleUnderstanding Ministry

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @soul man,

My greatest influence in regard to the study of God's word, are the works of, 'The Berean Publishing Trust': A teaching ministry, which publishes books and produces audio tapes on the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15; based at 'The Chapel of the Opened Book' in Wilson Street, London, not far from St Paul's.

I am not affiliated to any denomination, but these works, by such writers and teachers as, Dr E.W. Bullinger, Mr Charles H. Welch and Mr Stuart Allen, are dispensational in approach.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Open Bible Trust
HD Home Page
believer.com - Home Page

Ok I see, I new something was going on :) you always have a good word ..thanks.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. - 1 Corinthians 3:18-19.
Now nothing wrong with education - just don't mistake your education for godly wisdom.
@soul man Excellent point!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @soul man,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Open Bible Trust
HD Home Page
believer.com - Home Page

I was looking at the Berean Expositor. I like the different back grounds and denominations come together. Do they have studies where your at.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at the Berean Expositor. I like the different back grounds and denominations come together. Do they have studies where your at.
Hi @soul man

No, my study is a solitary one, the forum my outlet. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man I don't know the resource, but it's a good name, referring to the noble Jews of Berea who searched the Scriptures daily (Acts 17.11).

I didn't look but isn't that the scripture where they searched daily to see if those things were so?

Reactions: farouk

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't look but isn't that the scripture where they searched daily to see if those things were so?
Hi @soul man

Yes, they received the word spoken with all readiness of mind, but searched the Scriptures daily to make certain that what they had heard was indeed so. This is something we should all do, isn't it? The compilers of 'The Berean Expositor' that you refer to, ask that all that read the studies that they publish, apply the same principle in regard to them, for no man is incapable of error.

The studies can be found in PDF format for free download, and in audio form at www.bibleunderstanding.com, and at www.believer.com. Or alternatively, 'The Berean Publishing Trust' has an outlet in Indiana @ 'Truth for today Bible Fellowship', (Ronnie McCurry) PO Box 607, West Union SC 29696-3303 USA. There are also outlets in Canada, Australia and the Netherlands.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @soul man

Yes, they received the word spoken with all readiness of mind, but searched the Scriptures daily to make certain that what they had heard was indeed so. This is something we should all do, isn't it? The compilers of 'The Berean Expositor' that you refer to, ask that all that read the studies that they publish, apply the same principle in regard to them, for no man is incapable of error.

The studies can be found in PDF format for free download, and in audio form at www.bibleunderstanding.com, and at www.believer.com. Or alternatively, 'The Berean Publishing Trust' has an outlet in Indiana @ 'Truth for today Bible Fellowship', (Ronnie McCurry) PO Box 607, West Union SC 29696-3303 USA. There are also outlets in Canada, Australia and the Netherlands.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes thank you. I looked at the links you gave. I want to go back with more time and read more.. interesting.