Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Too many of us spend our time trying to collect worldly wisdomand overlook what is really important........................Proverb:2:1: My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2: So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 3: Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4: If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 5: Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. Here God is telling us that if we will only receive and heed His Words, and try to abide by his commandments, even though we will fall short, if we truly seek His wisdom, He will grant it to us.There is no wisdom like the wisdom Of our Father. It makes the highest wisdom of the world look like trash.6: For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 7: He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. 8: He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. He not only gives us heavenly Wisdom, but He also protects us when we seek Him and walk in His path.Does this mean we won't face hardships? Of course not. God uses our hardships to mold us into a better, stronger person. We don't have to worry about hardships as long as we are seeking His Wisdom.. We will be taken care of.. That is His promise.9: Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. 10: When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; 11: Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: We are always much more satisfied and happy when we have and make use of God's Wisdom. We are then prepared to make decisions in our daily life which will most reward us and make life easier.13: Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness; 14: Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked; 15: Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths: You can rest assured that when we leave His path for the ways of the world, that there will be a price. We are to choose if we are to follow our Father or pursue the evil ways of the world. Satan will try to tempt us off the rightous path.We had better not listen.. God gave us control over Satan. All we have to do is use it.16: To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; 17: Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God. 18: For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead. 19: None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life. Far too many of God's children get caught up in the ways of the world and the traditions of man and never find their way back to our Father. We will all have to stand before Him on judgement day. What kind of excuse could we offer for rejecting His wonderful promise of everlasting life with no pain. tears or sickness?20: That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous. 21: For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. 22: But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. What our Father is telling us here is if we choose the ways of the world and the traditions of man, there will be no place for us in Heaven. We will be cast into the lake of fire along with our tempter, the Devil. Please don't let this happen to you. Study His Word. He will guide you and you will be surprised how easy it is to obtain His Wisdom.. May god bless you and yours.. Help others to find the way by leading them to where the true word of God is taught and the traditions of man are cast aside..

Telerea

Apr 4, 2008
There is so much more to Wisdom than chapter 2. Consider her words in Provers 8:1 Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice?... 22 "The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; 23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. 24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, 26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, 28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, 29 when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. 30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, 31 rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind. "It was SHE who was first created.