Witchcraft in the Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Witchcraft is promoted and exalted in popular culture. From "fairy tales' to mythology even to "Harry Potter" and vampire series. Sata is trying to indoctrinate and educate the youth at a young age in evil and magic. Parents both Chrisitan and non-Christian buy their children these things of witchcraft and magic. We even allow our children to participate in Halloween and dress like these demonic forces and reward them with candy. Not only is witchcraft rampant in popular culture it is in religion as well. Wiccas, Voodoo, "New Age" manifestations, iconism, and many other Satanic religions. And being apart of these groups are becoming popular and the modern term of "spiritual". Not only is witchcraft in the secular society it is in the CHURCH aswell.
The Spirit of Withccraft in the church manifests in false spiritual leadership, Jezebel spirits, false spiriutal gift manifestations, rebellion against godly leadership, division in the church, apostasy in the church, magic and dark arts in the church, false prophecy and divination, false doctrine and teachings, dead and barren church worship, legalism and self righteousness among many other manipulative and demonic activity. Witches are assigned by Satan to local churches and Chrisitan assemblies some withces are running these churches and assemblies. Many people who operate under a spirit of witchcraft do not even know that they are.
WHAT DO WE DO CHURCH??

DanielPaul

Sep 5, 2012
It is all the sings of Jesus' second coming.

"For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible." - Matthew 24:24

There is nothing that we can do ourselves without God. The first thing we can do is set an example for others to follow, just as Jesus did.

Reactions: dragonfly

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be enmeshed in White Witchcraft in the early '70's. Their earmark is to be inclusive (even of Christianity) yet offering an esoteric or 'additional' spirituality and power.
While many groups offer works righteousness in addition to faith, these offer a hidden knowledge of the mysteries of life through the teachings of the Ascended Masters..Jesus being one of many. It's all about that extra 'spiritual power'.
And sure some that came to the classes on white witchcraft also attended Sunday services at the local Evangelical Charismatic Church.

Reactions: dragonfly

rand

Sep 10, 2012
I think we need to do what Paul did with the followers of Diana of the Ephesians--preach the gospel. They heard the message and saw the signs and wonders that confirmed the message and they left their former religion and followed Christ. I also think we need to stop preaching the gospel to believers and preach to non-believers. We need to go to the streets (where they are) and let them know how much He vaules them. I also think we need to stop condemning them (that's the Holy Spirits Job, not ours), and just love them. That's what I think we should do.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jezebel Spirit?

OK...you lost me on this one...can you explain what such a spirit is and how to deal with it?
?
Are we talking about exorcism or what?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Jezebel Spirit?

OK...you lost me on this one...can you explain what such a spirit is and how to deal with it?
?
Are we talking about exorcism or what?

Hi John,

I wouldn't start with exorcism, although deliverance from evil spirits or an evil spirit may be an aspect of the solution. It's more that the deep heart attitudes of the woman need to be dealt with by the Lord, which can only happen if she is willing to become a true worshipper of the Lamb, rather than an idolatress.

There may or may not be issues in the lives of the men/'brethren' in her life, but for her to be fully released, they also need to deal with their own stuff in the light of the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit.

I hope this is making sense?

Bill Schnoebelen has this useful exposition, staying strictly within scriptural parameters. You will find it a helpful starting point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saG53MLJTO4

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My dad told me about a bible study my sister used to have at her house. One day one of the ladies got up and said" i have to go, im a witch and i have to go and pray against the christians. I believe she was rather surprised, the wheat and the tares, the sheep and the goats. We cant tell them apart but Jesus know who they are, and you could be sitiing under the leadership of one right now. preaching scripture, yet deceiving you.

Eyes to see , ears to hear

Really important

In all His Love

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Witchcraft is promoted and exalted in popular culture. From "fairy tales' to mythology even to "Harry Potter" and vampire series. Sata is trying to indoctrinate and educate the youth at a young age in evil and magic. Parents both Chrisitan and non-Christian buy their children these things of witchcraft and magic. We even allow our children to participate in Halloween and dress like these demonic forces and reward them with candy. Not only is witchcraft rampant in popular culture it is in religion as well. Wiccas, Voodoo, "New Age" manifestations, iconism, and many other Satanic religions. And being apart of these groups are becoming popular and the modern term of "spiritual". Not only is witchcraft in the secular society it is in the CHURCH aswell.
The Spirit of Withccraft in the church manifests in false spiritual leadership, Jezebel spirits, false spiriutal gift manifestations, rebellion against godly leadership, division in the church, apostasy in the church, magic and dark arts in the church, false prophecy and divination, false doctrine and teachings, dead and barren church worship, legalism and self righteousness among many other manipulative and demonic activity. Witches are assigned by Satan to local churches and Chrisitan assemblies some withces are running these churches and assemblies. Many people who operate under a spirit of witchcraft do not even know that they are.
WHAT DO WE DO CHURCH??

The world is living in it's dream. Those who are Chosen By God will wake up and come out from under the canopy of lies.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I am amazed at the workings of this foul spirit in the church! Why has the Church not spiritually discerned and combat this spirit?

I do not believe you can be a TRUE Christian and be a witch or practice magic arts that's serving two kingdoms that oppose each other. satan's kingdom is geared at destroying or at least halting the progress of Jesus' kingdom.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I do not believe you can be a TRUE Christian and be a witch or practice magic arts that's serving two kingdoms that oppose each other. satan's kingdom is geared at destroying or at least halting the progress of Jesus' kingdom.

You are correct. A true Christian not only abstains from all appearance of evil, but abstains from it in secret, too.

One of the lies being told to those who have engaged in occult practices - however simple or complex, however intentionally or naively - is that if it works for you, you are a real (whatever) and you can never stop being that kind of person. That is a LIE. You can stop.

Witchcraft (rebellion against God) is a 'sin of the flesh', from which those who find it attractive, must gain liberty through Christ. (Gal 5:20)

Reactions: Axehead

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I am glad you mentioned "rebellion", dragonfly. "Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft".

Let's look at the entire verse:

1Sa_15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

We see that when one is stubborn they rebel at the Lord and reject His word. They love something more than Him and that is idolatry. That is why He tells us in som many ways to come to Him with ALL our heart and have no other idols in our heart.

There is a stubborness and rebellion towards the whole counsel of God, today. And this is what the Great Falling Away is all about. People are walking in a form of godliness (their own words and doctrines) but denying the power, thereof.

There is no power of Godliness and Victory over sin in many lives, but they rationalize God's Word and lean on their doctrines that you only need to "mouth" words to the Lord. But the Lord says, that "they draw near me with their lips but their hearts are far from me".

Witchcraft is about manipulating men. Satan is about manipulating men by changing, twisting and altering God's Word. Satan manipulated Adam and Eve through his lies.

"Christian" men manipulate other men in the "church" by being conduits of false doctrine (doctrines of demons).

There is much more that could be said. Jesus says, "Come out from among them".

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The implication is that unless the Lord is dwelling IN US and WALKING (free access) IN US we will not come out from among them and be separate. And consequently, He will not be a Father to us and we will not be His sons and daughters no matter how much we fool ourselves and say that we ARE His sons and daughters. It is not what we say that counts BUT WHAT HE SAYS THAT COUNTS.

Axehead

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Witchcraft is about manipulating men. Satan is about manipulating men by changing, twisting and altering God's Word. Satan manipulated Adam and Eve through his lies.

Hi Axehead,

All occult practices are about manipulating people and events by powers other than the power God desires us to have, namely, His authority in prayer through our having turned from sin, been cleansed from sin, and become vessels fit to receive the Holy Spirit, to be His sons.

Not sons of Satan any more. John 8:44

Axehead

May 9, 2012
[/color][/size]

Hi Axehead,

All occult practices are about manipulating people and events by powers other than the power God desires us to have, namely, His authority in prayer through our having turned from sin, been cleansed from sin, and become vessels fit to receive the Holy Spirit, to be His sons.

Not sons of Satan any more. John 8:44

Absolutely, because one is partaking of the evil one and using his means and methods even though they may not think so. God does not manipulate. The Lord respects our free choice to choose and manipulation does not respect the individual's will or freedom of choice to say no to the will of the manipulater. The very act of manipulation is in getting what one wants from another while making the other think he is not being manipulated. Manipulation is an act of deception and going around one's will or bending one's will to their will.

It is all rooted in rebellion. I have seen many use God's Word as a tool for manipulation and that is exactly what Satan does and did in the Garden.

He is the Chief Occultist.

Axehead

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
witchcraft is wishful thinking for selfish people - that is it. Believing that it actually has power is superstition. Evil is always wishful thinking - it is misdirected faith in ourselves - sounds like a famous delicious apple to me.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
witchcraft is wishful thinking for selfish people - that is it. Believing that it actually has power is superstition. Evil is always wishful thinking - it is misdirected faith in ourselves - sounds like a famous delicious apple to me.

Hi aspen,

I think that's a gross minimisation of what the Adversary steals from those who practice witchcraft consciously, and a gross minimisation of what God thinks of rebellion.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen,

I think that's a gross minimisation of what the Adversary steals from those who practice witchcraft consciously, and a gross minimisation of what God thinks of rebellion.

Really?! I think it is the purest definition of rebellion, which God hates. Why dramatize evil? Satan doesn't need witchcraft to distract us from receiving eternal life - I think it is reserved for those who like a bit of flare on their road to damnation.

Jul 6, 2011
It does include what people who call themselves whitches and white witches do, but Biblically is really anything spiritual against God's purposes.

Its not the wheat and the tares, thats the world and the Kingdom, false teaching, not disputable matters, is to be dissasocited from by the church. If there is a false teacher as a church leader believers need to get out, all authority in heaven and on earth is given to Christ.
There are however plenty of other issues why people might leave a church which are not necessarily wrong, though perhaps disapointing. Style of church and worship are examples, also emphasis of the church's perceived mission, so for example if someone feels called to Street Pastoring they may wish to belong to a fellowship that supports street pastoring as a ministry.

All of us as believers may be subject to some bits of whitcraft at times as the world distracts us.

That is an example of witchcraft
Jesus Christ's NT teaching is full of, and clear about, the danger of the power of Satan's deception, which is why we need to keep focused on Christ.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi aspen,

Really?! I think it is the purest definition of rebellion, which God hates. Why dramatize evil? Satan doesn't need witchcraft to distract us from receiving eternal life - I think it is reserved for those who like a bit of flare on their road to damnation.

I'm doing my best to understand your reply to mine about minimisation. You seem to be suggesting there are degrees of evil, and God only hates the 'purest' one. I would say God hates them all, but there are some which will receive greater damnation. Matt 23:14, Mark 12:40.

'Why dramatize evil?' I don't understand what you're getting at.

'Satan doesn't need witchcraft to distract us from receiving eternal life'. This may be true, but for those who get started in witchcraft, the pull towards it is very real, and i is full of sinful practices, which harm the participant's spirit and soul, if not body as well. It is both desirable that a person stops practising witchcraft, and, well within the power of God to deliver them, protect them, heal and restore them. Giving up witchcraft is not like giving up gambling, or, golf, although there are physical and psychological challenges when giving up any addiction.

As for witchcraft being 'reserved' for the satisfaction of those who have made a conscious choice to go to hell, this is not the point. Very many children investigate witchcraft or have the opportunity to become involved without having any idea of the spiritual effects or consequences.

The gospel is the same to all - to turn away from (this variety of) sin and receive cleansing in the atoning blood of Christ; be brought into fellowship with God and be restored in body, mind and soul, to wholeness and spiritual well-being. God is well able to do this and more.

All of us as believers may be subject to some bits of whitcraft at times as the world distracts us.

Hi brightmorningstar,

Do you mean that believers knowingly participate in witchcraft sometimes?