Witchcraft in the Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maccauk11

Apr 27, 2012
"Get out of her my people if you do not want ot share in her sins" a cry from jesus to those who love him

Why do we keep looking for a physical representation of the Kingdom. It is already within us
Luke 17: 20-21. This is the Truth that many of us find hard to accept. This is the freedom that the Lord gave those who love him.
The True church cannot be seen or touched it is "no part of the world" . Paul also spoke about the true church as one being not built by human hands and we can enter into with boldness and go right into the presence of Almighty God. This is spiritual and not physical.

Every church on earth is counterfeit a deception and an illusion in opposition to the real thing. Jesus put an end to religious ways at the cross and opened up the way for us. Listen to him and him only and you will never be deceived. God himself will teach you the truth and lead you in the way you should go through the Holy Spirit. The church Paul spoke about in Hebrews is clean undefiled and has a leader that will never be corrupted.

It's when a believer realizes this that he can be set free. The freedom Jesus spoke about. The cry from him in revelation for those who love him, is him warning us to "get out of her my people". Just like when he says if anyone says "here is Christ" or "he is here" do not believe them Matthew 24: 23-26. Millions of our brothers and sisters have not heeded his words.

The judgement is upon the churches.. Therefore any earthly representation is counterfeit and an illusion or delusion to the reality of the real thing . Brothers and Sisters, when are you going to wake up and stop following men who lead you away form True Worship. The true worshippers worship in Spirit and Truth, they have no need for anyone to teach them anything.

All things have been accomplished. We walk through this life serving him, living a life of justice and mercy towards others. Our heavenly father does not need anything form us, he does not require sacrifices or works. We enter into his rest by letting ourselves be free from man. We rid ourselves of the weight of sin that the churches keep us enslaved in. We live non judgmental lives. Love God and love our neighbour.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
We really have to watch out for eachother as men in the church, I'm sure at least half the arguements on here are started or inflamed by a woman or a female. I saw this poor little guy the other day with his mother, this kid looked like he was under some kind of unholy influence I could feel something was out of place and it was definitely coming from the mother. I don't know if she was molesting him or what. Anyways women use all kinds of ways to fall a man the key is resist at all costs, I find if they can't destroy a mans confidence they will try and seduce you sexually if they can't do that they will even try and abuse authority figures over you. The key is catching them in the act and figure out who the hive queen is.

Hi aspen,

I think that's a gross minimisation of what the Adversary steals from those who practice witchcraft consciously, and a gross minimisation of what God thinks of rebellion.

He seems really defensive about witchcraft eh ? :huh:

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
"Get out of her my people if you do not want ot share in her sins" a cry from jesus to those who love him

Why do we keep looking for a physical representation of the Kingdom. It is already within us
Luke 17: 20-21. This is the Truth that many of us find hard to accept. This is the freedom that the Lord gave those who love him.
The True church cannot be seen or touched it is "no part of the world" . Paul also spoke about the true church as one being not built by human hands and we can enter into with boldness and go right into the presence of Almighty God. This is spiritual and not physical.

Every church on earth is counterfeit a deception and an illusion in opposition to the real thing. Jesus put an end to religious ways at the cross and opened up the way for us. Listen to him and him only and you will never be deceived. God himself will teach you the truth and lead you in the way you should go through the Holy Spirit. The church Paul spoke about in Hebrews is clean undefiled and has a leader that will never be corrupted.

It's when a believer realizes this that he can be set free. The freedom Jesus spoke about. The cry from him in revelation for those who love him, is him warning us to "get out of her my people". Just like when he says if anyone says "here is Christ" or "he is here" do not believe them Matthew 24: 23-26. Millions of our brothers and sisters have not heeded his words.

The judgement is upon the churches.. Therefore any earthly representation is counterfeit and an illusion or delusion to the reality of the real thing . Brothers and Sisters, when are you going to wake up and stop following men who lead you away form True Worship. The true worshippers worship in Spirit and Truth, they have no need for anyone to teach them anything.

All things have been accomplished. We walk through this life serving him, living a life of justice and mercy towards others. Our heavenly father does not need anything form us, he does not require sacrifices or works. We enter into his rest by letting ourselves be free from man. We rid ourselves of the weight of sin that the churches keep us enslaved in. We live non judgmental lives. Love God and love our neighbour.

You sound like one of those people who becomes a christian and then decides that the christian church is the enemy.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
maccauk11 said:

Sounds like a lot of hocus pocus to me. Indeed, it seems your mind has become twisted through the lies of Satan and his underlings.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
UHCAIan said:
Witchcraft is promoted and exalted in popular culture. From "fairy tales' to mythology even to "Harry Potter" and vampire series. Sata is trying to indoctrinate and educate the youth at a young age in evil and magic. Parents both Chrisitan and non-Christian buy their children these things of witchcraft and magic. We even allow our children to participate in Halloween and dress like these demonic forces and reward them with candy. Not only is witchcraft rampant in popular culture it is in religion as well. Wiccas, Voodoo, "New Age" manifestations, iconism, and many other Satanic religions. And being apart of these groups are becoming popular and the modern term of "spiritual". Not only is witchcraft in the secular society it is in the CHURCH aswell.
The Spirit of Withccraft in the church manifests in false spiritual leadership, Jezebel spirits, false spiriutal gift manifestations, rebellion against godly leadership, division in the church, apostasy in the church, magic and dark arts in the church, false prophecy and divination, false doctrine and teachings, dead and barren church worship, legalism and self righteousness among many other manipulative and demonic activity. Witches are assigned by Satan to local churches and Chrisitan assemblies some withces are running these churches and assemblies. Many people who operate under a spirit of witchcraft do not even know that they are.
WHAT DO WE DO CHURCH??
We ensure we are taking up our cross. We don't chase after / hunt down witches. Increase the heat of a fire and the flies and their influence on us flee. If we are at a church that has not got fire enough to chase evil spirits / witches...we have worse problems then them ^_^. The only verse that gives me comfort in these days is Matt 24:22.

Fantasy is fine. God gave us imagination. We don't need to slam every film with some magic in it. I thoroughly enjoyed Harry Potter.

Niki

May 28, 2013
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Ephesians 6

As Derek Prince once put it (he has since gone on to be with the Lord) many people read that scripture like this: for we struggle not

Howver, we do struggle or wrestle as the KJV puts it. And yes, witchcraft is rampant in the church and many Christian's lives

We are to be aware of the devil's schemes:

1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

The devil uses every opportunity to make inroads because that is all he does...his only job, according to Jesus, is to lie, kill, steal and destroy

Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, 11in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Paul states that the believers of his day were not unaware of the devils methodology. Seems today, there has been a great unbalance, dreadful teaching based on feelings rather
than fact and you have many who think the devil only applies his wiles to non-believers and then the flip side...those who are convinced his hand is in everything that does not fit
in with their Christian paradigm. Both views are wrong of course.

Christianity is available to whosover will...God is not willing that anyone should perish but we know not everyone will accept God's gift.

In the same manner, satan is already defeated, but a Christian must apply Jesus's defeat of that kingdom to their life or they may live a defeated life even though
they have inherited eternal life.

maccauk11 said:

uh...no.

The church is the body of believers in Christ Jesus and we are not to forbid the assembling of same . Fellowship is of God...we are not little Islands floating around
humming 'Just me and Jesus"

I am sorry, but, IMO, your view is rather unbalanced.

You seem to have quite an opinion on the church, but h ow does one arrive at this 'state' you seem to espouse to? Certainly not by stating that we all need to wake up.

Some of us have been wide awake low these many years. In fact our eyes are propped open by the Bible. Ok, enough wit

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
witchcraft? We are supposed to avoid witchcraft because the Middle Age variety was used to weed out and murder undesirable old women and a small amount of men who were a drain on the community. Nowadays was are to avoid it because it is vanity and superstition. No need to be afraid of the hobgoblins under the bed - move along, nothing to see.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, don't talk to me about Witchcraft if you tell your children about Santa Claus. Don't preach against it if you do easter eggs and promote the easter bunny. And if you like Valentines day, don't bother me....

Don't dye my beer green and talk about leprechans on St. Patricks day. I am Irish, but my beer is fine the way it is... Piss colored!

You want to throw out the witches who have pointy hats and green skin but not these others, huh?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there something wrong will celebrating with imagination sometimes, FHII?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell me Aspen.... Are you condemning some witches and not others? Christ can do all things, yet we give glory to Santa? And the Easter Bunny? Yet we pick on Harry Potter.

The Truth about Christ and God has enough supernatural things.... True Christians don't need some fat jerk in a red suit or a rabbit that poops eggs. Yet you want to pick on green skin women with tall pointy hats who don't exist or a simple unbeliever who prays against Christians....

Clean your own house before blasting witches! Fat old men who have magical powers and rabbits that bring Isthar eggs doesn't help MY cause...b

But don't be a hypocrite and tell me about witches in the Church when you got Santa, the Easter Bunny and Cupid.

It makes Christianity look stupid.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
may i ask what exactly is witchcraft? you all make it sound like it is magic/ritual users. is this what witchcraft is?

God bless

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not advocating for witches - they are just as imaginary as the rest of it. all i asked was isn't the imagination ok sometimes?
angel - Medeival witchcraft combined nonscientific attempts at medicine with superstion and prejudice. modern witchcraft includes vain attempts to harness power from nature and hebalogy. I believe God warned us against witchcraft because it is vanity and wishful thinking which is sometimes used to fleece people of their money.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
7angels said:
may i ask what exactly is witchcraft? you all make it sound like it is magic/ritual users. is this what witchcraft is?

God bless
Look to the OT and it will give you an understanding of what it is and why GOD hates it. :)

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Mike Hoggard has been doing a series of talks on 'another'. This is less than a month old, and although it's long, it is very lucid and relevant.

Witchcraft is not described directly in scripture, for obvious reasons, but the naivete of Christians, (aspen) to not appreciate that it is, effectively, ways of invoking Satanic powers - the exact opposite of prayer to God our Father in the terms set out in the New Testament - makes us a prey. 1 Thess 5:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtQKOv-hsc

Niki

May 28, 2013
7angels said:

God bless
The Bible states that the works of the flesh degenerate into witchcraft. The problem I am seeing in some of the responses in this thread, is that Christians have not really
studied their Bible as they think they have. They have the idea that God is speaking about Harry Potter, but He isn't.

Exodus 22:18 “You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Lev 19:31 “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Deut 18: 9-12 When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

II Kings 21:6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Rev.21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Lev. 20:6 “If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Acts 19:19 And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver.

Gal 5: 19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Witchcraft is as simple as a work of the flesh and as complicated as casting a spell.

It's not Harry Potter, it's not imagination and it's not funny.

aspen2 said:
i am not advocating for witches - they are just as imaginary as the rest of it. all i asked was isn't the imagination ok sometimes?
angel - Medeival witchcraft combined nonscientific attempts at medicine with superstion and prejudice. modern witchcraft includes vain attempts to harness power from nature and hebalogy. I believe God warned us against witchcraft because it is vanity and wishful thinking which is sometimes used to fleece people of their money.
God does not think they are imaginery. He forbids the practice of witchcraft...which is as varied as the people who practice it.

Both the old and the new testaments forbid the practice. From Genesis to Revelation, God forbids its practice and states that those who practice it, whether as a work of the
flesh or as one who casts actual spells, will not inherit heaven.

Learn something...the Bible states it is real. God is spirit...not one of many...but the One and Only. There are demons, evil spirits, angels both good and bad and there are people
who worship the devil and practice the black arts.

These things are real. God says they are real. Why would you say otherwise?

Reactions: dragonfly

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course demons are real. they are in rebellion towards God. practicing witchcraft is a sin because it imitates demonic rebellion - that is bad enough without adding superstion to it. No need to go all crazy and pretend that demons care enough about us to give us supernatural power - why would they? we are damned for practicing witchcraft just on the basis of rebellion and vanity without them giving anything.

Niki

May 28, 2013
Aspen, its good that you acknowledge that witchcraft is evil...but the Bible indicates it is real...I don't mean three old hags over a boiling pot (although I am sure somebody somewhere
has really done that) I'm not sure why you seem to think it is only superstition? The Bible also indicates that there are many forms ...for example works of the flesh and rebellion
is as witchcraft.

If God indicates those things as wc, then I am not sure why any one of us would say otherwise?

Reactions: dragonfly

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i acknowledge witchcraft. i simply have zero faith in it. Like the fruit in the Garden, it merely has the power to damn those who partake of it. In every other respect, it is a toothless lion and only used as a vain attempt to feel powerful.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
No need to go all crazy and pretend that demons care enough about us to give us supernatural power - why would they?
Hi aspen,

There are a number of ways that people can receive supernatural power from demons. The range from seeking it out with all one's heart, stumbling upon it accidentally, being rendered vulnerable to it by ignorant actions on the part of the person who finds themselves in strange bondage to them, being rendered vulnerable by the damaging actions of others (at a time outside their control - such as when born, or very small) to being born into a family where powers are passed down consciously or unconsciously by the older generations.

Mike Hoggard covers several of the ignorant actions being carried out by Christians these days, which amount to witchcraft.

Niki is spot on when he/she says that if God says these powers and people who focus on using them, are 'real', then we need to take that seriously.

God is not going to judge our behaviour on our own opinion of what we think is real or true, but on His perfect, REVEALED TRUTH, as in His word.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion on witchcraft is based on my experience. I take it as seriously as all my opinions - a snapshot of my reality, subject to change. I do not believe my opinion on this subject has any barring on eternity for you or me. there is no reason for me to modify my belief at the moment, but i will let you know if i do AND no Nikki, i am not being sarcastic.