Witnessing to a Jehovah Witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good. I am glad to hear that you are older and have experience with your doctrine. I grew up with a Presybeterian viewpoint, but visited many churches during adolescence. I became friends with a Catholic when i was in graduate school and she got me interested in the Catholic church. I spent two years studying Catholic doctrine and joined the church at age 30. I am 46.

I am 78 now.

Would you like me to start a new thread here? Or try a one-to-one discussion on another board?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this board is the best way to go

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh good. I am glad to hear that you are older and have experience with your doctrine. I grew up with a Presybeterian viewpoint, but visited many churches during adolescence. I became friends with a Catholic when i was in graduate school and she got me interested in the Catholic church. I spent two years studying Catholic doctrine and joined the church at age 30. I am 46.
Interesting to know this about you @aspen
I'm the opposite. Grew up Catholic, became born again when I met Jesus at the age of 28 (about),
nothing there for me, left to go study the bible at a Nazarene Church. Have tried to go back to Catholicism. I can't. Still nothing there for me.
Studied all the doctrine, taught there (kids), living in Catholiclandia, know priests personally. Can't get back there --- although I see plenty wrong with Protestantism too. I just am depending on Jesus for me and for all of us. That God will be so merciful as to forgive us ALL our sins.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve had zero success with JWs. My idea of success is sharing ideas.
that's good. but to have success with a JWs is to use their bible. for the average JW is scriptural taught. Study your enemy/opponent. I have had many success with JWs, online and off. as said using their own bible. I was even invited to their New Orleans conference a couple of years ago, but refused. so the only way to get at a JW is on their terms. to do that study their way.

PCJ

Reactions: aspen and Armadillo

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting to know this about you @aspen
I'm the opposite. Grew up Catholic, became born again when I met Jesus at the age of 28 (about),
nothing there for me, left to go study the bible at a Nazarene Church. Have tried to go back to Catholicism. I can't. Still nothing there for me.
Studied all the doctrine, taught there (kids), living in Catholiclandia, know priests personally. Can't get back there --- although I see plenty wrong with Protestantism too. I just am depending on Jesus for me and for all of us. That God will be so merciful as to forgive us ALL our sins.

Yep. You gotta go where Christ leads you

Reactions: GodsGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The very last conversation i had with JW's a few years ago, used to pop around occasionaly at the last house, after i had invited them in and the yrefused, Ther comment was to thank me for letting them in for as they put it. seems I was teh only one that let them in. So i said to them, "why should they let you in, all you have to offer them is your religion, go and find Christ, when you find Him, go and offer Him to the people, than they may let you in. Never saw them again. Look all religions, always came down to, "so than you must believe that Jesus has a church", sorry He doesnt, not as blind men see it anyhows.

They have eyes yet cannot see, ears yet cannot hear, the light walks before them and they cannot perceive it. Blind men following after blind men.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BG
The JW don't believe Jesus is God.
So the formula would be missing:
Mathew 28:19

How could it be valid??

JW's are sincere but in some cases are sincerely wrong. There are some things they could teach us as in they will not celebrate pagan festivals cloaked as Christian festivals. The most important thing is do they believe that Jesus Christ is Lord? (1 Corinthians 12:3) If they do then they speak by the Spirit of God. And it is dangerous to place our beliefs in formulas because in many cases they are wrong.

Reactions: Nancy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW's are sincere but in some cases are sincerely wrong. There are some things they could teach us as in they will not celebrate pagan festivals cloaked as Christian festivals. The most important thing is do they believe that Jesus Christ is Lord? (1 Corinthians 12:3) If they do then they speak by the Spirit of God. And it is dangerous to place our beliefs in formulas because in many cases they are wrong.

No they believe Jesus is a created being - the arch angel Michael to be specific

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't believe that Jesus was God...they think He was only an angel..

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who believe that it is a command to be obeyed I agree. But, as you know ( may remember) I don't.
Baptism is an outward sign of our decision to die to the old world and rise in life into the new.
It has been made into a law and formula.
I believe it is a heart thing, a personal thing between the person and God. Once we start saying "you must do this" then we open the same can of worms that some call "the great commission".
Many christians I know have indeed been baptised in water.
But, have they ever preach ? NO. Baptised anyone in water? NO , Spoken in other tongues? NO
" Heal the sick, NO, cleanse the lepers, NO, raise the dead, NO, cast out devils, NO, .....freely ye have received, freely give."
But, they give themselves a big gold star because they were baptised. :rolleyes:
Scripture says you must do this.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Right on Nancy. I have done some more reading about them and yes they do have some weird ideas and their views about Jesus are not clear cut. Nothing unusual from a cult.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ken, the answer is yes.
Baptism by water should be to declare to the world that Jesus is Lord and Savior of your life.
Baptism should take place after that happens.

Who says that Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus is their Lord and Savior?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of them when asked, as revealed often historically, and recently in the book "Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up" by

someone who got saved while in the jws , his family too was in it,
and
when he got saved, after his family and jws found out, they kicked him out.

This happens in many other named assemblies also, but is not politically correct to point out in most places, even though it is true.

I believe Jesus says in the Bible, when you stand up for the truth openly, whatever group you were in will kick you out.... referring to
the widespread deception Jesus explains to His disciples.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unlike Christendom, I believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who God sent to mankind to save mankind. I never denied that when I was going to the Baptists and penecostal church's and now that I am a JW, I still believe that, so do JW. It's Christendom, which include the Baptists and penecostals, that denies that. I've always believed that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. Christendom says that it was God who became flesh therefore they're denying that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became flesh and came to the world of mankind to save mankind. So yes l got out of Christendom, I wasn't going to stay with an organization that denies it was the Only Begotten Son of God that God sent to mankind to save mankind.

Reactions: DavidB

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike Christendom, I believe it was the Only Begotten Son of God who God sent to mankind to save mankind. I never denied that when I was going to the Baptists and penecostal church's and now that I am a JW, I still believe that, so do JW. It's Christendom, which include the Baptists and penecostals, that denies that. I've always believed that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. Christendom says that it was God who became flesh therefore they're denying that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became flesh and came to the world of mankind to save mankind. So yes l got out of Christendom, I wasn't going to stay with an organization that denies it was the Only Begotten Son of God that God sent to mankind to save mankind.

So, "Christendom" denies that God came in the Flesh??? Well my friend, that's new one on me as I have NEVER heard anything close to this. All I had said is that I believe JW's believe that Jesus Christ was Michael the Archangel...and I heard that a few times over the years.
You don't believe in the trinity, or that Jesus WAS God so...of course your religion has to come up with something else like...an angel.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Will the real heretics (jws) please stand up" explains personally very well why they are in such error, and why they remain there.
Bercot used to be , was raised in a jw family, and it took over 5 years to learn they were not saved.