woman wearing pants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't interpret that verse to mean women aren't to wear pants. I used to have to wear a uniform to work - a dress - and in the winter when the doors of the store would open, ice cold air used to freeze all of the female cashiers who were forced to wear a dress. I don't think God would hold it against women to dress comfortably. I think the verse means that women shouldn't dress to look like a man.
your right it does not mean women cant wear pants logic there was no pants in the Bible days

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the whole area of whether women should wear pants, or get tattooed; or men get ears pierced, etc., is covered by Romans 14 Christian liberty... :)
One day perhaps you will approach Roman 14 from a different perspective.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day perhaps you will approach Roman 14 from a different perspective.
I think that the whole area of whether women should wear pants, or get tattooed; or men get ears pierced, etc., is covered by Romans 14 Christian liberty... we have liberty but some things f you get a tattoo remember what tey look like in our old age lol men get ears pierced, some things is best men dont do

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the Bible to some degree yes... man with ear rings just not my cup of tea
There must differences because there are differences to us as well as differences to God. Men, male or female, cause their own problems by making up their own solutions.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your right it does not mean women cant wear pants logic there was no pants in the Bible days

Good point. I don't see God as some strict, rule with an iron-fist taskmaster so I can't see Him demanding that women can't wear pants.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point. I don't see God as some strict, rule with an iron-fist taskmaster so I can't see Him demanding that women can't wear pants.
from what i read it meant women wearing men military uniform . there was no pants men or women when the o.t or n .t was wrote

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Modesty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Certain materials can look good but the material when it becomes wet through sweat or rain can reveal more than is desirable.

The weave density of the material can look great when not stretched but when the material is stretched it can reveal more than is desirable.

In both of the above cases the style in which the material is used may be modest but circumstances can, while wearing those materials. will undo the modesty that you thought you had when you first tried on the clothing that you are buying.

For example shirt sleeves may be long but the openness of the material weave may still allow a person to become sunburnt when out in the sun.

The weave of the material may be too tight such that it does not "breath" and you become hot and clammy because your sweat cannot pass through the material to evaporate and cool you down.

There is more than "looking good" and being "appropriately" dressed, than what we first think.

The clothing we wear is also part of our body language and may give out unintended signals that are wrongly understood by the people around us.

If the clothing is suitable for the circumstances then there should be no need for fashion police who dictate what a person should wear and when.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modesty is measured differently in various cultures, ranging from complete cover up to hardly-there clothing but these are extremes and neither is right for the Christian woman. And whether we choose to wear trousers or jeans, skirts or dresses our choice is nobody's business but our own.
If you think about it, a woman can be very immodest in a dress, so refusal to wear pants doesn't ensure modesty. I do feel for Muslim women who have to cover themselves head-to-toe in 100+ degree weather. I wonder how many faint from the heat.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl