Women Pastors / Teachers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, who wrote those books, isn't my master. Jesus is my master.

OK so we're back to that gain... you apparently believe that Jesus failed to control what went in to His canon and He was not telling Pail what to write. In other words... only the word in red are of the Lord in the Bible and the rest of the Bible can be thrown in to the trash?

One cannot reject bits and pieces of God's Word they don't like and still claim "I believe everything God says in the Bible" since they clearly do not.

It's a free country and you can believe whatever you;'d like to believe... but those that reject the parts of God's Word that they don't like do NOT believe all that God says in His Word. That would be being dishonest.

You'd be better of saying "I believe all God says in the Bible except for 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 because I think God got it wrong on this topic"

Or admitting that "I think sometimes the Apostles were just making stuff up as they went along"

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK so we're back to that gain... you apparently believe that Jesus failed to control what went in to His canon and He was not telling Pail what to write. In other words... only the word in red are of the Lord in the Bible and the rest of the Bible can be thrown in to the trash?

One cannot reject bits and pieces of God's Word they don't like and still claim "I believe everything God says in the Bible" since they clearly do not.

It's a free country and you can believe whatever you;'d like to believe... but those that reject the parts of God's Word that they don't like do NOT believe all that God says in His Word. That would be being dishonest.

You'd be better of saying "I believe all God says in the Bible except for 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 because I think God got it wrong on this topic"
Maybe Jesus wanted us to weigh the words of Paul rather than to blindly believe them. When my pastor preaches, I don't blindly believe everything he says, but I might learn something from him.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe Jesus wanted us to weigh the words of Paul rather than to blindly believe them. When my pastor preaches, I don't blindly believe everything he says, but I might learn something from him.

There you have it... the belief that Jesus FAILED to control when went in to His canon and the Apostles were not being led by the Lord to know what to write and they were just guessing and making stuff up

This belief leads to deception which has obviously already happened! That's too bad for you man. agree.gif

This type of thinking is what causes people to be... Cherry Pickers! This is treating God's Word like a buffet line down at the local diner... were some entries are accepted, while others are rejected.

Last edited:

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it... the belief that Jesus FAILED to control when went in to His canon and the Apostles were not being led by the Lord to know what to write and they were just guessing and making stuff up

This belief leads to deception which has obviously already happened!
"His canon" was a third century amalgamation on which there was much debate and disagreement before a consensus developed. If we are to hold that the Bible is inspired, confirmation of that holding must include the selection process for which books made it into the canon and which did not (e.g., the Epistle of Barnabas is out, the Letter to the Hebrews is in), lest the “inspiration” of the selectors themselves be put at issue, pushing us back to square one on what “inspired” means.

Stated another way, we must say not only that "the Apostles" (not sure who you mean here) were "being led by the Lord" but so were the ultimate selectors of what made it in to the canon a few centuries later.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This belief leads to deception which has obviously already happened! That's too bad for you man. View attachment 40050

This type of thinking is what causes people to be... Cherry Pickers! This is treating God's Word like a buffet line down at the local diner... were some entries are accepted, while others are rejected.
Jesus failed at nothing. The purpose of the Bible is to introduce you to him. I think he did quite a good job.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This belief leads to deception which has obviously already happened! That's too bad for you man. View attachment 40050

I think you want the Bible to be the source of all knowledge, but that's not how it works. Jesus is the source of all knowledge. The Bible is there to direct you to him. Pray constantly, as Paul taught us (1 Thessalonians 5:17), remembering that prayer is a conversation between us and God.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you want the Bible to be the source of all knowledge, but that's not how it works. Jesus is the source of all knowledge. The Bible is there to direct you to him. Pray constantly, as Paul taught us (1 Thessalonians 5:17), remembering that prayer is a conversation between us and God.

And when we get doctrine that does not agree with what God had written in His Word... those doctrines did NOT come from God.

Since you don't believe Paul was being led by the Lord to write what he wrote... WHY would you turn around and quote someone you believe is just making stuff up? clueless-scratching.gif

cherry_pickers_bible.gif

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when we get doctrine that does not agree with what God had written in His Word... those doctrines did NOT come from God.

Since you don't believe Paul was being led by the Lord to write what he wrote... WHY would you turn around and quote someone you believe is just making stuff up? View attachment 40053

View attachment 40052
Paul was a very wise man. I've learned much from him. That doesn't make him perfect.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was a very wise man. I've learned much from him. That doesn't make him perfect.

But, as you have conceded, Paul was not being led by the Lord and was just making stuff up!

How does one even know Jesus is the Savior... without the Bible?

How do you know confucius or mohammid isn't the savior? clueless-scratching.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was being led by the Lord, but he wasn't perfect.

I see... so you just throw out things the Lord told him to write... that you disagree with such as 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13

The things you disagree with are what you consider to be the times when Paul was not being led by the Lord... and that Jesus failed to prevent what went in to His canon as some of the things ion the Bible are not true.

This is what the Cherry Picker's Bible Society believes! Have you been with their organization a long time?

I hear they are becoming quite popular in these last days.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see... so you just throw out things the Lord told him to write... that you disagree with such as 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13

The things you disagree with are what you consider to be the times when Paul was not being led by the Lord... and that Jesus failed to prevent what went in to His canon as some of the things ion the Bible are not true.

This is what the Cherry Picker's Bible Society believes! Have you been with their organization a long time?

I hear they are becoming quite popular in these last days.
I don't think the Lord told him to write this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? 1 Corinthians 14:33-36 RSV

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the Lord told him to write this:

That's the preferred method of bible study recommended by the Cherry Picker's Bible Society! thumbsup2.gif

Stuff you don't agree with... that must be because the Apostle failed to hear the Holy Spirit and Jesus was powerless to prevent lies being included in His canon.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the preferred method of bible study recommended by the Cherry Picker's Bible Society! View attachment 40060

Stuff you don't agree with... that must be because the Apostle failed to hear the Holy Spirit and Jesus was powerless to prevent lies being included in His canon.

First, why should it bother Jesus if Paul occasionally misspoke?

Second, being wrong doesn't make you a liar. The Bible doesn't lie. No one intentionally misquoted God, as some liberals teach. I just don't agree with 100% of Paul's opinions.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's true. The Bible doesn't lie.

That's hilarious!

You just got finished saying "why should it bother Jesus if Paul occasionally misspoke?"

If any of the Apostles did not get what they wrote from the Lord and instead "misspoke" as you claim... that means you are claiming God's Word contains untrue information.

Sorry pal, you have been deceived! clueless-doh.gif

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hilarious!

You just got finished saying "why should it bother Jesus if Paul occasionally misspoke?"

If any of the Apostles did not get what they wrote from the Lord and instead "misspoke" as you claim... that means you are claiming God's Word contains untrue information.

Sorry pal, you have been deceived! View attachment 40066
Like I say, my master is Jesus. Your masters are Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, James, and Jude. If that's the way you want it, then that's the way you want it.