Women Pastors / Teachers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Jesus are quoted often in the Bible. I try to do exactly what they say.

Only the red words are God's Word?

And the rest of the Word of God is optional?

You obviously believe 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 are optional and in fact should be ignored.

Notice that Paul says to Timothy "I do not allow," rather than "God does not allow." So we cannot tell whether he is counseling his protege based on personal preference or divine command.

And notice the reason he gives: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve." Why that makes not only Eve, but every woman ever born, subservient to man is not supported by any logical argument Paul bothered to develop, because he can't. It make no sense.

Feel free to deny how the Lord set things up when He created man first... to be the one who is in authority and then He created woman as a help mate.

The devil does love it so when people oppose how the Lord decided to do things as it creates an open door for him to bring in deception which has worked great on you!

1 Corinthians 11:8,9
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Genesis 2:18
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feel free to deny how the Lord set things up when He created man first... to be the one who is in authority and then He created woman as a help mate.

The devil does love it so when people oppose how the Lord decided to do things as it creates an open door for him to bring in deception which has worked great on you!

1 Corinthians 11:8,9
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Genesis 2:18
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
How do you explain Paul dispatching Phoebe to Rome, then? To speak only to a female audience?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you explain Paul dispatching Phoebe to Rome, then? To speak only to a female audience?

That does not mean she is a pastor deacon ore church leader!

It does not mean she has authority over men.

If you believe 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 are optional and are errors the devil slipped in to God's Word when Jesus wasn't looking... then by all means cut them out of your Bible and you'll be all set! thumbsup4.gif

Maybe you can find you a nice church with women pastors and sit under their ministry and get feminized!
It's a free country so enjoy!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not mean she is a pastor deacon ore church leader!

It does not mean she has authority over men.

If you believe 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 are optional and are errors the devil slipped in to God's Word when Jesus wasn't looking... then by all means cut them out of your Bible and you'll be all set! View attachment 39966

Maybe you can find you a nice church with women pastors and sit under their ministry and get feminized!
It's a free country so enjoy!
Rom. 16:1 uses the word διάκονον to describe her position. Definitely a deacon.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing about the account is Phebe says she is a deacon, pastor that teaches or is in authority over men:

Romans 16:1,2
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

She is shown to be a servant, a helper who is assiting in church business... not as a deacon, a pastor that teaches, or as being in authority over men.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom. 16:1 uses the word διάκονον to describe her position. Definitely a deacon.

Not in context she's not a deacon as a man would be or in authority over men

One of the definitions for G1249 is servant... which was her role... to run on errands, an attendant

She was not a teacher and pastor in authority over men sitting in the office of pastors that teach

Deacons - Strongs G1249
from an obsolete diako (to run on errands; compare 1377); an attendant, i.e. (genitive case) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specially, a Christian teacher and pastor (technically, a deacon): KJV -- deacon, minister, servant.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing about the account is Phebe says she is a deacon, pastor that teaches or is in authority over men:

Romans 16:1,2
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

She is shown to be a servant, a helper who is assiting in church business... not as a deacon, a pastor that teaches, or as being in authority over men.
Your Greek needs some brushing up, my friend.

Schreiner, Romans, Baker Exegetical Commentary On The New Testament, (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1998), 787, notes “it is likely that she held the office of deacon… for this is the only occasion in which the term diakonos is linked with a particular local church.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Schreiner, Romans, Baker Exegetical Commentary On The New Testament, (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1998), 787, notes “it is likely that she held the office of deacon… for this is the only occasion in which the term diakonos is linked with a particular local church.”

They are in error and must ignore the whole counsel of God to make that false assessment.

They just have their opinion which they got from others that have erroneous opinions.

Like I said earlier... if you think you should be getting feminized sitting under the authority of a woman "pastor" then by all means, go get hooked up with the women!

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are in error and must ignore the whole counsel of God to make that false assessment.

They just have their opinion which they got from others that have erroneous opinions.

Like I said earlier... if you think you should be getting feminized sitting under the authority of a woman "pastor" then by all means, go get hooked up with the women!
Paul consistently refers to ministers as diakonoi, in each case to denote an agent with a sacred commission. Paul describes several diakonoi as being a diakonos of Christ (1 Tim. 4:6), or of God (2 Cor. 6:4), or of the gospel (Eph. 3:7), or in Phoebe’s case of a specific church (Rom. 16:1).

Paul never uses diakonoi for ordinary servants. He uses the word to denote Christian ministers, including Paul himself (Rom. 15:25). Don't try to make Phoebe an exception because of gender.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife is a minister. Everyone who has heard her preach raves about her sermons. You should hear her some time.

Well now it's all starting to make sense... she wears the pants in the family and instructs you on what to believe.

And just because some people think her talks are wonder does not mean the Lord has anointed any women to sit in the office of being a church leader because He has not according to His Word.

Does she put you in time out when you've been naughty? laughing3.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should hear her some time.

I'll pass.

I used to go to a church back in the day started by and "pastored" by 2 women and the Lord delivered me from that mess.

All they teach is false doctrine and lots of bad stuff happens to their "church" members because the anointing of the Lord is not on them.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now it's all starting to make sense... she wears the pants in the family and instructs you on what to believe.

And just because some people think her talks are wonder does not mean the Lord has anointed any women to sit in the office of being a church leader because He has not according to His Word.

Does she put you in time out when you've been naughty? View attachment 39972
That's insulting!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's insulting!

Well, she's your spiritual authority since she's a "minister" isn't that right?

If you have questions about spiritual things... you submit to her authority, isn't this how it works?

After al... she's the "minister" and you are the "congregant"

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, she's your spiritual authority since she's a "minister" isn't that right?

If you have questions about spiritual things... you submit to her authority, isn't this how it works?
That's NOT how it works. I don't always agree with her views on spiritual matters, and keep my own counsel -- although I certainly respect her views, as she has the best theological training available.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm 69. How old are you?

What difference does that make one way or the other?

Men being led by the Holy Ghost will not be led to submit to women who claim to be in authority over men.

As a man, YOU are called by the Lord to be the authority over your household including in spiritual matters.

If you are not... then you have an open door to the devil that will cause trouble... if you have not experienced trouble because of this yet, it's because trouble has not yet arrived.

Anytime God's will is not being followed, there will be trouble.

That's how mankind's trouble originally got started... man started letting his wife decide what they were going to do.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What difference does that make one way or the other?

Men being led by the Holy Ghost will not be led to submit to women who claim to be in authority over men.

As a man, YOU are called by the Lord to be the authority over your household including in spiritual matters.

If you are not... then you have an open door to the devil that will cause trouble... if you have not experienced trouble because of this yet, it's because trouble has not yet arrived.

Anytime God's will is not being followed, there will be trouble.

That's how mankind's trouble originally got started... man started letting his wife decide what they were going to do.
You don't know anything about my marriage, or who decides what in it. As to my wife being a minister, I'll take my chances, but thanks for your concern.