Women Speaking and Ministering in Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 14:26
New International Version
Good Order in Worship

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Where the word 'brethren/ is used in the older translations it means brothers and sisters.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is not about wives submitting to husbands, even as it is not about women forbidding to minister.

The real question is why Christian women today are so wary of submitting to their husbands, and why Christian men don't want to hear women speaking in their churches:

Because in these last days, so many men have proven themselves to be lousy leaders, as well as being uncorrectable fools in the name of lordship.

It's just that simple.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

Brethren, always includes male and female, because no Scripture speaks of Sistren.

There is no way any honest person can read the Bible and believe women are forbidden to prophecy and minister to others, including men.

And so, like all Scripture, it must be interpreted with the Spirit and by the letter of other Scripture, so that there be no contradiction of Scripture.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

This has nothing to do with church buildings, but with women speaking in the churches of God, which is the body of Christ.

And so, speaking in sacred and hallowed church buildings, is nothing in sight of God even as no building made with hands: this has everything to do with women admonishing and ministering and prophecying correction to others by the Scriptures:

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Prophesy is with power of God by the Scriptures to correct, admonish, and rebuke with authority of God.

And since women were not only prophets, but also are only restricted inn prophesying by having their heads covered, then we know women can correct, admonish, and rebuke others in the Lord, including men.

And so, this not about sacrosanct church buildings, nor even about women speaking to minister, but is all about puffed up little lords, that use the letter of Scripture to justify their pompous potentatism.

I have no respect for a woman who blindly follows a fool of a man into a ditch, nor for any man that cannot be corrected by Scripture, just because a women spoke it.

I'm not going to let any woman tell me what to do, without a badge and/or gun, (and even then with gritted teeth), but I have no problem with anyone, male or female, correcting me by Scriptural truth, because I am not obeying the speaker, but the One speaking from above:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The same idiot men, that forbid women ministering, aka correcting by Scripture, are always the same idiots that do whatever a ministerial ruler tells them to do as a god over them. That is a fact. And their lordly dominion over their wives is nothing but a pathetic compensation for their slavish obeisance to their idolized 'rulers' of the church: Cult.

My wife once refused to go along with my great plan, and I begrudgingly did not do it without here, so that I was later able to see the shipwreck that did not happen.

Even in the military, no soldier is compelled to obey an unlawful order, which includes Scripture for the churches of God:

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

And the Charge of the Lite Brigade is not a poem applauding foolish submission to the letter without the Spirit.

I honestly did not expect any fool to come out here and actually defend to the letter: Women do not speak to minister, and then to actually apply it to a church building, so that entering the doors, women must shut up.

And so, in these last days, we have another cult to add, as though we needed more: the cult of the blind and dumb. Men are ministerially blind and women are ministerially dumb.

CIMBAD: Cult of the Ministerially Blind and Dumb.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this is not about church buildings, but about women ministering and correcting men in the faith, then we see the hypocrisy of them that say no women should minister and correct men:

If I believed that, then I would never respond to any known woman on this site. I would only tell them it's not their place and move on.

And yet, we see these lords of ministry actually arguing with women about the word of God.

They are arguing with women about speaking, that they say shouldn't even be speaking at all.

Now, that's pathetic.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am talking about the rules inside the church as prescribed by inspiration by the Holy Ghost!
You have obviously led a sheltered life if you have never been in a church gathering where the Holy Spirit moves in a woman to bring a word to the fellowship of believers, and by so doing brings a person to repentance and salvation.

By not allowing women to speak what the Holy Spirit gives them is to quench the Spirit. I'm glad I don't belong to your branch of church.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

Brethren, always includes male and female, because no Scripture speaks of Sistren.

There is no way any honest person can read the Bible and believe women are forbidden to prophecy and minister to others, including men.

And so, like all Scripture, it must be interpreted with the Spirit and by the letter of other Scripture, so that there be no contradiction of Scripture.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

This has nothing to do with church buildings, but with women speaking in the churches of God, which is the body of Christ.

And so, speaking in sacred and hallowed church buildings, is nothing in sight of God even as no building made with hands: this has everything to do with women admonishing and ministering and prophecying correction to others by the Scriptures:

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Prophesy is with power of God by the Scriptures to correct, admonish, and rebuke with authority of God.

And since women were not only prophets, but also are only restricted inn prophesying by having their heads covered, then we know women can correct, admonish, and rebuke others in the Lord, including men.

And so, this not about sacrosanct church buildings, nor even about women speaking to minister, but is all about puffed up little lords, that use the letter of Scripture to justify their pompous potentatism.

I have no respect for a woman who blindly follows a fool of a man into a ditch, nor for any man that cannot be corrected by Scripture, just because a women spoke it.

I'm not going to let any woman tell me what to do, without a badge and/or gun, (and even then with gritted teeth), but I have no problem with anyone, male or female, correcting me by Scriptural truth, because I am not obeying the speaker, but the One speaking from above:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The same idiot men, that forbid women ministering, aka correcting by Scripture, are always the same idiots that do whatever a ministerial ruler tells them to do as a god over them. That is a fact. And their lordly dominion over their wives is nothing but a pathetic compensation for their slavish obeisance to their idolized 'rulers' of the church: Cult.

My wife once refused to go along with my great plan, and I begrudgingly did not do it without here, so that I was later able to see the shipwreck that did not happen.

Even in the military, no soldier is compelled to obey an unlawful order, which includes Scripture for the churches of God:

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

And the Charge of the Lite Brigade is not a poem applauding foolish submission to the letter without the Spirit.

I honestly did not expect any fool to come out here and actually defend to the letter: Women do not speak to minister, and then to actually apply it to a church building, so that entering the doors, women must shut up.

And so, in these last days, we have another cult to add, as though we needed more: the cult of the blind and dumb. Men are ministerially blind and women are ministerially dumb.

CIMBAD: Cult of the Ministerially Blind and Dumb.

I believe it's you who do not understand Scripture. What are you going to do with the following Scripture:
1 Corinthians 11:1-3 reads:
1) Be ye followers of me as I also am with Christ.
2) Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3) But I would have you know,
a) that the head of every man is Christ
b) and the head of the woman is the man
c) and the head of Christ is God

Are you going to dismiss the word of God, above?

[QUOTE="robert derrick, post: 1310278, member: 10263"]Since this is not about church buildings, but about women ministering and correcting men in the faith, then we see the hypocrisy of them that say no women should minister and correct men:[/QUOTE]

Whether it is in a church setting or correcting men especially in the faith, it is exactly what Paul is saying that: "Women are to keep silent!, period."

To God Be The Glory

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I personally don't think that it is that much of a high honor or postion for women to be speaking in churches or similar institutions now days anyway.

Particularly the churches that we are hearing about today, in this season and at this hour. I have met many women leaders and ministers (and men) doing mighty things for God outside the church. Those who have their own ministeries and who are not hindered by doctrine or church ettiquette and have their own ministry team and also followers of Christ.

Is this the new BoC? It is certainly a place where people are growing and souls are being saved for the kingdom of God. People are being delivered, healed in extraodinary ways. The Holy Spirit is moving freely along with worship and the prophetic voice. There is a crocus growing once again in the desert landscape / the rose of Sharon...

Just a reminder: The Church is not the building nor is it the system it uses to function in an orderly way. Nor is it the doctrine it confesses. The Church is the body of believers in which Christ is the head....

Reactions: JunChosen

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it's you who do not understand Scripture. What are you going to do with the following Scripture:
1 Corinthians 11:1-3 reads:
1) Be ye followers of me as I also am with Christ.
2) Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3) But I would have you know,
a) that the head of every man is Christ
b) and the head of the woman is the man
c) and the head of Christ is God

Are you going to dismiss the word of God, above?

[QUOTE="robert derrick, post: 1310278, member: 10263"]Since this is not about church buildings, but about women ministering and correcting men in the faith, then we see the hypocrisy of them that say no women should minister and correct men:

Whether it is in a church setting or correcting men especially in the faith, it is exactly what Paul is saying that: "Women are to keep silent!, period."

To God Be The Glory
[/QUOTE]
I.e. you have no response to correction, and so only repeat your learned mantra to kill the Spirit of Scripture.

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

This Scripture begins the chapter about hair on men and women, so that women may neither pray nor prophesy without their heads covered, neither may men pray or prophesy with long hair.

What I dismiss is you ignorant teaching of Scripture.

As I said, this is not about church buildings.

This is all about men refusing to be corrected by a woman. It is about a petty dictator's headship.

Simple.

No leader is any good, that cannot be corrected by any subordinate. Period.

The authority is to make final decisions, not to make all the decisions without any impute, and especially without correction from others.

It's also about answering for all decisions made, which like Adam, you no doubt blame the wife when anything goes wrong.

This isn't even about ministry: you wouldn't let a woman correct you from driving into a concrete block, which your head is made of, and your headship is as wise as.

With Christ and God, there is never disagreement nor need of correction, both being perfect in all knowledge, understanding, and charity of will.

With Christ and the church, there is never any good correction from the body to the Head.

However, that does not mean that the head of a woman is to act like he is Christ and God, who can never be corrected, nor is the woman to act like she has no place, nor voice, nor speech to correct with.

Even as made an help meet for Adam: that includes good correction, not just dumb obedience.

God passes His authority to man for the sake of the woman, not for the sake of the headship. Like the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. God has not made man the head, just so he can be head, and he did not make woman for man's headship.

You are a petty potentate and uncorrectable, not here by any man with Scripture, and especially nowhere by any woman with speech.

And you are so blindly given to it, that you don't even have a clue about the wisdom of Scripture being spoken here.

I have known many like you in marriage, career, military, and ministry, and they all have the same thing in common when in authority: Deafly Stupid.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally don't think that it is that much of a high honor or postion for women to be speaking in churches or similar institutions now days anyway.

Particularly the churches that we are hearing about today, in this season and at this hour. I have met many women leaders and ministers (and men) doing mighty things for God outside the church. Those who have their own ministeries and who are not hindered by doctrine or church ettiquette and have their own ministry team and also followers of Christ.

Is this the new BoC? It is certainly a place where people are growing and souls are being saved for the kingdom of God. People are being delivered, healedin extrodinary ways. The Holy Spirit is moving freely along with the prophetic voice and there is a crocus growing once again in the desert landscape / the rose of Sharon...

Just a reminder: The Church is not the building nor is it the system it uses to function in an orderly way. Nor is it the doctrine it confesses. The Church is the body of believers in which Christ is the head....
What we are seeing is less and less about speaking in a church building, or even about ministering, but more and more about blockheaded dictators that won't be corrected by any woman, which also means by most other men as well.

We are seeing on display the dictatorships and underlings of dictatorships, who will only listen to those with rule over them, and who will not tolerate any hint of correction by their underlings.

I have seen this both in cultish ministry and bureaucratic military: both are destructive to others under their authority first, and then to themselves in the end.

If you want to see a comical version of it, then watch James Cagney in Mr. Roberts. If you want to see it in real life, Just take a look at Hitler. His greatest downfall was becoming less and less correctable, so that no general would dare do so unto the final destruction.

All we have to do is to see their dug in response to the letter of the law, after the absurdity of their law is made absurd.

Can a woman speak in a church? No, hand signals only.

I mean, instead of clarifying their doctrine to avoid the absurd, they actually respond seriously to it. I.e. they agree!

They know not what spirit they are of, and no doubt would want Jesus to reign fire down out of heaven upon the rebellious women that dare to speak in their church buildings.

And so, we see it is not about church buildings nor the ministry of Christ: it is all about their buildings and their ministries.

Neither is it about God's headship in marriage, but is all about their headship in their marriage over their wives.

They are not one in marriage: they are one above the other in their marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelina

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is this the new BoC? It is certainly a place where people are growing and souls are being saved for the kingdom of God. People are being delivered, healed in extraodinary ways. The Holy Spirit is moving freely along with worship andthe prophetic voice. There is a crocus growing once again in the desert landscape / the rose of Sharon...

I agree with your comments. But I believe you are also speaking of the Great Commission which is circumscribed in Matthew 28:19-20.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What we are seeing is less and less about speaking in a church building, or even about ministering, but more and more about blockheaded dictators that won't be corrected by any woman, which also means by most other men as well.

We are seeing on display the dictatorships and underlings of dictatorships, who will only listen to those with rule over them, and who will not tolerate any hint of correction by their underlings.

I have seen this both in cultish ministry and bureaucratic military: both are destructive to others under their authority first, and then to themselves in the end.

If you want to see a comical version of it, then watch James Cagney in Mr. Roberts. If you want to see it in real life, Just take a look at Hitler. His greatest downfall was becoming less and less correctable, so that no general would dare do so unto the final destruction.

All we have to do is to see their dug in response to the letter of the law, after the absurdity of their law is made absurd.

Can a woman speak in a church? No, hand signals only.

I mean, instead of clarifying their doctrine to avoid the absurd, they actually respond seriously to it. I.e. they agree!

They know not what spirit they are of, and no doubt would want Jesus to reign fire down out of heaven upon the rebellious women that dare to speak in their church buildings.

And so, we see it is not about church buildings nor the ministry of Christ: it is all about their buildings and their ministries.

Neither is it about God's headship in marriage, but is all about their headship in their marriage over their wives.

They are not one in marriage: they are one above the other in their marriage.
Glory!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not one in marriage: they are one above the other in their marriage

That's what God has declared, not I.
1 Corinthians 14:34-38; 40 reads:
34) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted onto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35) And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in a church.
36) What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?.
37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38) But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
40) Let all things be done decently and in order.

Don't shoot me or call me deafly stupid, I'm only a messenger.
If you do not want to believe the above Scriptures, then it is to your shame and not mine.

To God Be The Glory

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Because they only see the letter of Scripture, they are blind to the Spirit of Christ.

They only see being given power and authority like God, when Scripture speaks of
That's what God has declared, not I.
1 Corinthians 14:34-38; 40 reads:
34) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted onto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35) And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in a church.
36) What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?.
37) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38) But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
40) Let all things be done decently and in order.

Don't shoot me or call me deafly stupid, I'm only a messenger.
If you do not want to believe the above Scriptures, then it is to your shame and not mine.

To God Be The Glory
Until you respond to points made, rather than just regurgitate your learned mantra, I have nothing more to do with you.

It's not just women you won't be corrected by, but you won't be corrected by women, men, nor God.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject.

I don't argue with the uncorrectable.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And so, this is all about the folly of males what won't be instructed or corrected by females. They only want dumb women that don't speak of such things.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife. (Gen 3)

This is the verse such ungodly ignorance is quoted from in order to justify shutting women out of speaking the Scriptures, and any decision making by faith.

And to do so, they willingly ignore other Scripture:

Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called. (Gen 21)

Here, God is instructing the father of the faith to hearken to the voice of his wife Sarah, whose instruction was contrary to Abraham's will, and yet was confirmed by God as necessary for the promised of Christ to come into the world through the faith of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The wife was inspired by God to declare His word of faith and instruct her husband, against his own will, to do that which was necessary for Christ to come into the world as a man.

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. (Gal 4)

Her words of instruction also became quoted Scripture by Paul, as being necessary for purifying the ministry of any false doctrine and mockers of the promises, instruction, and faith of Jesus: these being to both male and female, and not only by will of men.

Men refusing to so much as hear any instruction from a woman, especially a correction contrary to his will, are not of the faith of Abraham nor of Jesus Christ: they are mockers of the daughters of Sarah.

They give themselves no chance for God to correct them by the voice of their wives, because they say Jesus commands them to only marry women who agree that "Women are to keep silent!, period."

Such sects of religion are found both in Christianity and Islam, and both are of the same degenerate spirit: such men are ignorant, knowing nothing, who forsake their own welfare: God will no more correct any man, who refuses to be corrected by any saint He chooses to do so, especially his own wife made fit by God for that very purpose.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Gen 2)

And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. (Rom 15)

The reason God says that any member of His body can admonish and instruct another, no matter male or female or position of authority, especially husband and wife, is so that no one being alone becomes his own law and master, and so departs from the faith of Jesus found in Scripture only.

Eve was not made for Adam just to go to bed with him, like the animals of the field to procreate the stupid species.

Men seeking only women dumb in the faith are fools, and women agreeing to be dumb in the faith are bigger fools, that deserve to be treated like cattle with an apron: no use in the faith, but plenty useful for cleaning and sex on demand.

Period.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most men are also to be silent in church and have the humility to be taught by Christ thru his church and apostles!

only the apostles have any authority from Christ!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:2

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must be taught or instructed Lk 1:4 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 acts 1:8 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Conversation in Scripture is our witness, life, and wisdom in the word of God.

Christian women are exhorted to win their unbelieving husbands by their wisdom in Christ, which is with wisdom and righteous understanding.

And then if that unbelieving man gets saved, the woman is to shut up about the word of God.

Right.

This cultish doctrine of women not allowed to say anything of wisdom and instruction to men is all about men idolizing themselves, because they were born male.

Such brutish lords are the reason the world blasphemes the law of Christ, throws out the baby with the bathwater: they reject subjection and submission altogether, not just with men and women but also with God Himself.