Women Speaking and Ministering in Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the women in the church I attended had something to say from the front a some time or another as the Holy Spirit led us.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is saying woman are not important!

the mother of God who brought our salvation is a woman!

And it’s not about equality, all are one in Christ!

the church is the family of God!

and a family has different roles for each member!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should women speak in church?

No. Hand signals only.

Coughing is ok, because it's not speech. Neither is sneezing, though not polite. But saying God bless you for sneezing? No.

And no crying fire either, just point and run. Or just run.

And if a woman does actually dare to speak in a sacred church building, then any man, woman, or child can freely shoosh her.

"Hey, mommy, remember, you can't talk in the church building. So, if you do, I'm get to shoosh you." "That's right, Johnny, but you won't get the chance, because I'm a good little Christian woman. Just ask daddy." "Yes, son, she is a good little girl, like your sister Suzy, but if anyone's going to shoosh mommy, it will be me. Or another man that is at least a deacon."

Not only does the letter kill, when ministered without the Spirit, it also kills any common sense of intelligence.

The first rule of teaching truly the doctrine of Christ, is that it isn't patently stupid, so that even a child would laugh at it.

Feel good about yourself mocking Bible doctrine?

“How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.” (Jude 1:18-19)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Women can be moved by the Holy Spirit of God just as men can. There is no difference.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The Holy Spirit isn’t going to inspire someone to break its own rules in the holy scriptures.
You sound like you are still living in the dark ages where women should be chained to the kitchen sink. God has moved on.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like you are still living in the dark ages where women should be chained to the kitchen sink.

“For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord” (1 Peter 3:5-6)

“Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16)

God has moved on

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:17)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord” (1 Peter 3:5-6)

“Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16)

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:17)
Enjoy your life.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the news one night a while ago there was an item about the anniversary of the Dam Busters raid with a Lancaster bomber which dropped one of the bouncing bombs. At the ceremony a wreath was laid by a young female RAF officer who is a Tornado pilot. And I thought, "Wow!"

In the world women can do anything these days but some unenlightened male members of the church still hold them back with legalistic arguments about submission and authority.

I don't buy into all that and neither do any of the Christian men I know personally. I think these men may have their own agenda; may have their own problem with coming under authority and may even be insecure in who they are.

Women have brains - just look at women like Marie Curie and some of the female world leaders. Many women have not been allowed to use their brains to the full because of the misguided attitude of men in their perceived role of women especially within some of the cults and sects which are not part of mainstream Christianity.

I have prayed about this and these are the things God has showed me. In the church there are women preachers, pastors, prophets, evangelists and teachers who are magnificent in their ministries. And the word of God came to Samaria by way of a woman who brought her neighbours to Jesus.

Where do you draw the line in designating the role of women? for as I have said before many women have brains equal to and in some cases superior to those of many men. God intends women to use the brains he gifted them with, whether in the world or in the Church and to say otherwise is primitive and I believe reveals a lack of understanding of the nature of God.

I am not intending to cause offence here, just to tender my views on the subject. And BTW I do believe that submission in itself is right, just not that it should be demanded in a legalistic way as that then becomes very heavy and unpleasant.

In a religion or society where the women are forced into submission they are also deprived of their dignity and basic human rights as men become ever more controlling. It is evil and this forced submission has no place in the Christian Church.

Women will only truly submit out of a heart that is right with God and men whose hearts are right with God will not make a big issue out of submission but will love and protect the women and make sure they reach their full potential.

@Michiah-Imla

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

According to the correct interpretation of "ministry of the body of Christ", a "woman", can not be the "husband of one wife".

Now, in today's world, t
hat is Gay obsessed, and perversion infected, (worldwide) except in perhaps a few Middle Eastern Countries, China, and Russia, ... the "new Normal" is to be taught that a woman marrying a woman, is husband and wife.
God does not agree, and neither should you.

So, if we read....that a Bishop......(Paul Teaching) has to be the "Husband of one Wife"......then we understand he is not talking about only being married once...
He's talking about "the husband of one wife".... (MARRIED).. are the only who are eligible to be a PASTOR of a Church.

So, what does that eliminate from being the PASTOR of a Church.
It eliminates everything that is not a "husband of one wife".
That means....women and men who are not MARRIED.

But hold on....dont start climbing the walls yet....
See, other that that..... (Pastor), a woman can perform in any other ministry position.
Missionary
Teacher
Evangelist
Deacon
Minister of Music.

ALL OF IT, .. but she can't be a PASTOR, unless she is the "husband of one wife", and that, is not possible.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. Hand signals only.

Coughing is ok, because it's not speech. Neither is sneezing, though not polite. But saying God bless you for sneezing? No.

And no crying fire either, just point and run. Or just run.

And if a woman does actually dare to speak in a sacred church building, then any man, woman, or child can freely shoosh her.

"Hey, mommy, remember, you can't talk in the church building. So, if you do, I'm get to shoosh you." "That's right, Johnny, but you won't get the chance, because I'm a good little Christian woman. Just ask daddy." "Yes, son, she is a good little girl, like your sister Suzy, but if anyone's going to shoosh mommy, it will be me. Or another man that is at least a deacon."

Not only does the letter kill, when ministered without the Spirit, it also kills any common sense of intelligence.

The first rule of teaching truly the doctrine of Christ, is that it isn't patently stupid, so that even a child would laugh at it.

As usual, you take a biblical truth and then stretch it way beyond what God is saying!

But this is a patent result of shallow bible study.