Word Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you Jesus? Does your self-righteousness extend even that far?

No humility....just arrogance from you. Not at ALL like the real Jesus.

But you are a sinner and needy in the flesh to satisfy it...so that's to be expected, no?
No my point is that I have done nothing in this thread that is against Scripture and you two keep engaging in ad hominem in order to distract from your false theology.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No my point is that I have done nothing in this thread that is against Scripture and you two keep engaging in ad hominem in order to distract from your false theology.

The opposite is true. I won't waste my time copy pasting truth from the bible here because I can't take you seriously...you have ONE VERSE that you misunderstand...and use that against MANY verses to the contrary.

I think you are just a typical indoctrinated person. A little honesty...and we could get somewhere...but that somewhere is very uncomfortable for the flesh. So you do well (?) to preserve that flesh against the truth that would destroy it. (If preserving the flesh is what you're after as your arguments show by defending your right to sin)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true. I won't waste my time copy pasting truth from the bible here because I can't take you seriously...you have ONE VERSE that you misunderstand...and use that against MANY verses to the contrary.

I think you are just a typical indoctrinated person. A little honesty...and we could get somewhere...but that somewhere is very uncomfortable for the flesh. So you do well (?) to preserve that flesh against the truth that would destroy it. (If preserving the flesh is what you're after as your arguments show by defending your right to sin)
One verse? I have talked about MULTIPLE passages.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WOW! Talk about the ultimate strawman. WHERE IN THE WORLD have I defended a RIGHT to sin?

By denying the power of Christ. If there is no power over sin in Christ...then we are left defenseless against sin. We are on our own. And since you don't believe we will all be rejected from God...that means that people will claim that salvation for themselves while still IN their sins.

So that is self-righteous...being a sinner but yet exempting yourself from the penalty of sin because of religious beliefs that you claim justifies you to still sin and yet somehow be saved IN that sin.

But the bible says that Jesus came to save us FROM our sins...not In our sins.

It's those little words! :)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By denying the power of Christ. If there is no power over sin in Christ...then we are left defenseless against sin. We are on our own. And since you don't believe we will all be rejected from God...that means that people will claim that salvation for themselves while still IN their sins.

So that is self-righteous...being a sinner but yet exempting yourself from the penalty of sin because of religious beliefs that you claim justifies you to still sin and yet somehow be saved IN that sin.

But the bible says that Jesus came to save us FROM our sins...not In our sins.

It's those little words! :)
More strawman. You are sinning right now by bearing false witness.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More strawman. You are sinning right now by bearing false witness.

I forgot that you don't recognize sin in yourself...especially when others can see it.

I know...more strawman! :) You don't REALLY sin...of course not. :rolleyes:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot that you don't recognize sin in yourself...especially when others can see it.

I know...more strawman! :) You don't REALLY sin...of course not. :rolleyes:
You know this is interesting, you have been lying about me for several posts now, yet you still want to point fingers at me because "you don't sin." You are like the democrats, everything you accuse me of you actually do yourself.

Reactions: Nondenom40

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know this is interesting, you have been lying about me for several posts now, yet you still want to point fingers at me because "you don't sin." You are like the democrats, everything you accuse me of you actually do yourself.

That is a strawman and an ad hominem attack. You accuse me falsely...of course.

I said that there is NO SIN in Christ...but you are assuming that I am indeed in Christ...hence your attack. But i never said I was IN Christ. That is well...your own assessment.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a strawman and an ad hominem attack. You accuse me falsely...of course.

I said that there is NO SIN in Christ...but you are assuming that I am indeed in Christ...hence your attack. But i never said I was IN Christ. That is well...your own assessment.
What in the world are you talking about now? This is just an absurd Red Herring.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What in the world are you talking about now? This is just an absurd Red Herring.

A red herring as opposed to a strawman or an ad hominem?

Is there a website where you get those smokescreens from?

You are assuming that I'm defending my flesh as you are. I never said that I don't sin...you assume that. I just don't have to downgrade Jesus Christ to my level as you do to add more sin into the mix.

But I'm saying that In Christ is no sin...and you attack me. The truth doesn't compute, right?

I asked you...do you deny Christ and His power over sin? And that is not a red herring...or any other colour of herring. And stick to the subject without smokescreening. :cool:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A red herring as opposed to a strawman or an ad hominem?

Is there a website where you get those smokescreens from?

You are assuming that I'm defending my flesh as you are. I never said that I don't sin...you assume that. I just don't have to downgrade Jesus Christ to my level as you do to add more sin into the mix.

But I'm saying that In Christ is no sin...and you attack me. The truth doesn't compute, right?

I asked you...do you deny Christ and His power over sin? And that is not a red herring...or any other colour of herring. And stick to the subject without smokescreening. :cool:
I'm not smokescreening everything. I am pointing out logical fallacies. You do know what those are right? How am I defending my flesh? More strawman, more false witness. You and @CharismaticLady have both argued for sinless lives after salvation, but when pressed and forced you then say you never said you don't sin. Quite convenient.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you that weeks ago, but you didn't believe it then, so you don't remember it now. What I have said is we don't commit willful sins. But still I try not to commit trespasses either, but with devils its impossible to not want to shake some sense into them. You know, turn over some tables. Especially when they teach young minds the apathy of "everybody sins" without teaching what kinds.
I would say most of our sins are willful sins.

James 1
14 But each one is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desires. 15 Then when desire conceives, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is full grown, it gives birth to death.

Sounds willful to me.

Reactions: reformed1689

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not smokescreening everything. I am pointing out logical fallacies. You do know what those are right? How am I defending my flesh? More strawman, more false witness. You and @CharismaticLady have both argued for sinless lives after salvation, but when pressed and forced you then say you never said you don't sin. Quite convenient.

The convenience is what you indulge in by NOT witnessing for Christ when asked by me to answer if there is sin in Christ.

The bible says we should use every opportunity to be a witness for Christ. But you are just making things personal as in your lowbrow attack on John Caldwell. You are here only to stir up strife among the brethren...from your pride.

So you twist the word and the words of the brethren to prop up your defense of self.

Why not just pamper yourself away from the forum....and leave us in peace?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The convenience is what you indulge in by NOT witnessing for Christ when asked by me to answer if there is sin in Christ.

The bible says we should use every opportunity to be a witness for Christ. But you are just making things personal as in your lowbrow attack on John Caldwell. You are here only to stir up strife among the brethren...from your pride.

So you twist the word and the words of the brethren to prop up your defense of self.

Why not just pamper yourself away from the forum....and leave us in peace?
I am here to have honest discussions about theology. My thread for Caldwell was focused on biblical interpretation and his double standards in such matters. I'm sorry if you don't like it when people rebuke false teaching. But guess what, that is something Scripture DEMANDS.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that means that people will claim that salvation for themselves while still IN their sins.
Would you define what you mean when you use this word "salvation"? From what I've read of your other threads, I wonder whether you mean the same as others mean when they use the word.

I understand the salvation we are talking about is speaking about being saved from the condemnation of being thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Is that what you mean? Just to clarify.

Much love!

Reactions: reformed1689

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am here to have honest discussions about theology.

A fallacy. You are here to push a religious agenda that supports the carnal man in his sins. Anybody with an ounce of discernment can see that. And you will spare no one in doing so.

Just look at the patience of John Caldwell in your rantings...even making a whole thread to discredit his wisdom.

But actually by comparison you show John Caldwell to be an excellent brother, full of wisdom and patience.

So then why are you here...really.
I'm sorry if you don't like it when people rebuke false teaching. But guess what, that is something Scripture DEMANDS.

A strawman. You need more bible instruction than many. You should come here to learn...not teach.

Listen to the much wiser brother John Caldwell...you could learn a thing or two...or three. :)