Would a loving God really send us "delusions"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Blowing up life preserver with second hand smoke.....I know you wouldn't want it any other way.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
shturt678s said:
IIThess.2:11, 12 A fellow brother said God would never do such a thing where I referred him to this passage. He then stated he never heard of such a thing before. I let it go till now.

Old Jack
One way to keep a child from disaster is to divert his attention to something else.

There's a big difference between delusions and diversions.

A delusion is a deliberate lie, which God is incapable of.

A diversion is an action to preserve and direct - as in leading a horse or directing a herd of sheep. And how many times did Jesus refer to His flock as sheep? Sheep are in need of direction and guidance - these things are nothing more than a diversion of attention away from the ways of destruction and toward the ways of preservation.

A lie is a lie, but the Good Shepherd diverts His flock from disaster AND LIES.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Delusion was here in the beginning; "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:4-5). That "Delusion" was locked-up, but he'll be released and return even stronger. "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:24)

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
Blowing up life preserver with second hand smoke.....I know you wouldn't want it any other way.
You are a true brother...was worried about you tossing me a "stoned." Thank you again,

Old Jack
One way to keep a child from disaster is to divert his attention to something else.

There's a big difference between delusions and diversions.

A delusion is a deliberate lie, which God is incapable of.

A diversion is an action to preserve and direct - as in leading a horse or directing a herd of sheep. And how many times did Jesus refer to His flock as sheep? Sheep are in need of direction and guidance - these things are nothing more than a diversion of attention away from the ways of destruction and toward the ways of preservation.

A lie is a lie, but the Good Shepherd diverts His flock from disaster AND LIES.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
Thank you for your response again!

I do recall where my teachers constantly used "diversion" tactics with troublemaker me in grade school...worked!!! However how do you reconcile IIThess.2:11, "God sends them delusions"???

Old whispering Jack
Dan57 said:
Delusion was here in the beginning; "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:4-5). That "Delusion" was locked-up, but he'll be released and return even stronger. "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:24)
Thank you for your response again!

So Adam wasn't beguiled with delusive half truths, but the woman was and had fallen into transgression....hmmm...agree if you agree to agree? However Adam as the head, followed in Eve's footsteps sort of thing.

Old Jack trying to walk in Jesus' footsteps