Would a loving God really send us "delusions"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
IIThess.2:11, 12 A fellow brother said God would never do such a thing where I referred him to this passage. He then stated he never heard of such a thing before. I let it go till now.

Old Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678s said:
IIThess.2:11, 12 A fellow brother said God would never do such a thing where I referred him to this passage. He then stated he never heard of such a thing before. I let it go till now.

Old Jack
Right when I get ready to do a little back slidin.......you have to come up with a scripture like this one...............started givin the demons some competition trembling.....tryin out for God's people have talent.......I can tremble with the best of them.
Back on the path........backing off the cookies to slip through the needle.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
God is giving those who love and practice falsehood exactly what they want.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
lforrest said:
I had a jehovah's witness tell me my gettin saved was from satan...............I told him....well if that is the case....God can go to hell.....
because if He be messin with my head like that...He might as well.

So i told him....satan's kingdom cannot stand divided......satan does not come in and let you know your sins are forgiven and call it God.
Then you start serving his enemy.................jehovah's are a joke......................but hey........maybe...just maybe........the verse's provided above
are the heart beat of their tribes.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
RANDOR said:
Right when I get ready to do a little back slidin.......you have to come up with a scripture like this one...............started givin the demons some competition trembling.....tryin out for God's people have talent.......I can tremble with the best of them.
Back on the path........backing off the cookies to slip through the needle.
Another star, pumped up unto our Lord Godman Jesus....antichrist gets nothing...great!

Old Jack
keras said:
Explain this verse;
Ezekiel 20:25 I even imposed on them statutes that were malign and Laws that would not lead to life.
Wow! Even refers to their descendants also.

Old Jack getting in RANDOR's repentant shoes.
lforrest said:
Not meaning to put words in your mouth, but if my heart isn't right from our Lord's view then He will make sure I believe whatever religious lie I want to believe?

old Jack
RANDOR said:
I had a jehovah's witness tell me my gettin saved was from satan...............I told him....well if that is the case....God can go to hell.....
because if He be messin with my head like that...He might as well.

So i told him....satan's kingdom cannot stand divided......satan does not come in and let you know your sins are forgiven and call it God.
Then you start serving his enemy.................jehovah's are a joke......................but hey........maybe...just maybe........the verse's provided above
are the heart beat of their tribes.
Goin for it blood and guts, great!...pace yourself a little more...don't want you to run out of air before Sunday.

Old snail Jack tryun to cross the L.A. freeway during traffic hours...don't run over me RANDOR!!! Wew, that was close.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
shturt678s said:
Not meaning to put words in your mouth, but if my heart isn't right from our Lord's view then He will make sure I believe whatever religious lie I want to believe?
If someone wants to believe something they will. I think this verse is more of a matter of the heart than any particular religious lie. Do you prefer someone scratch your itching ears or tell you like it is.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
lforrest said:
I agree... please note 1 Kings 22

18 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

19 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: "I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by, on His right hand and on His left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ 22 The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so." 23 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”

also note: 2 Chronicles 18:21, 22.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.
(Rev 13:8 ESV)

Maybe strong delusion is nothing more than they are not granted the ability to discern the real truth; God permits strong delusion to occupy their minds; so that they believe a lie rather than the truth.

Reactions: Dan57

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
2 Thess. 2:10-12..those doomed to destruction experience all the deception that Satan can devise, because they do not open their minds to love of the truth and so find salvation. That is why God puts them under a compelling delusion, so they believe what is false. All who discard the truth and make sinfulness their choice will be brought to judgement.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
shturt678s said:

Old Jack
While the term 'delusion' might refer unto the belief or impression firmly held by a person or group despite it's being contradicted by what
is commonly accepted as common knowledge or factual information,
it is written in Mark 9:23 that Jesus said "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

So a question to believers, are all things possible? Or, are all things possible by believing?

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
lforrest said:
If someone wants to believe something they will. I think this verse is more of a matter of the heart than any particular religious lie. Do you prefer someone scratch your itching ears or tell you like it is.
Look back at my false beliefs and old heart, I would have to agree with you. Thank you for your response again!

However as each decade goes by, I'm seeing more half truths in the churches as in the garden with Eve....although they are Christians for sure. Thus I'll be kicking around 'half truths,' 'religious lies,' 'heart condition,' and etc. with myself so it even makes sense to me.

Old Jack
Angelina said:
I agree... please note 1 Kings 22

18 And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”

19 Then Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: "I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by, on His right hand and on His left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?’ So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner. 21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord, and said, ‘I will persuade him.’ 22 The Lord said to him, ‘In what way?’ So he said, ‘I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And the Lord said, ‘You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so." 23 Therefore look! The Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has declared disaster against you.”

also note: 2 Chronicles 18:21, 22.
Thank you for your response!

Wow! Obviously our Lord can and did play hard ball. Excellent example!

Old Jack that will be going over the former as has been sinfully awhile
Saint said:
and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.
(Rev 13:8 ESV)

Maybe strong delusion is nothing more than they are not granted the ability to discern the real truth; God permits strong delusion to occupy their minds; so that they believe a lie rather than the truth.
Or they possibly don't have an agape for the truth when they see it? Now I'm even getting a little nervous?

Old Jack back to the drawing board
Forsakenone said:
While the term 'delusion' might refer unto the belief or impression firmly held by a person or group despite it's being contradicted by what
is commonly accepted as common knowledge or factual information,
it is written in Mark 9:23 that Jesus said "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

So a question to believers, are all things possible? Or, are all things possible by believing?
I feel Mk.9:23 is the positive verse to the negative IIThess.2:10b-12....I go with the + with you.

Old + Jack

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
shturt678s said:
Look back at my false beliefs and old heart, I would have to agree with you. Thank you for your response again!

However as each decade goes by, I'm seeing more half truths in the churches as in the garden with Eve....although they are Christians for sure. Thus I'll be kicking around 'half truths,' 'religious lies,' 'heart condition,' and etc. with myself so it even makes sense to me.

Old Jack
Thank you for your response!

Wow! Obviously our Lord can and did play hard ball. Excellent example!

Old Jack that will be going over the former as has been sinfully awhile
Or they possibly don't have an agape for the truth when they see it? Now I'm even getting a little nervous?

Old Jack back to the drawing board
I feel Mk.9:23 is the positive verse to the negative IIThess.2:10b-12....I go with the + with you.

Old + Jack
Is agape the right form of love here? Time to look at the Greek.

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Saint said:
The key to Mark 9:23...."If you are able". Sure leaves a question if everyone is able doesn't it?
You got it! We're are "able" to 'agape' the truth when we see or hear it...thank you Jesus! (IIThess.2:10b)

Old Jack

Cooter

Jun 14, 2011
N E Ohio
2 Thessalonians 2:5-13 (NIV2011)
5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?
6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time.

7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way

This restrainer was the Shekinah Glory which dwelt in the Holy of Holies. The Shekinah Glory (restrainer) was seen leaving the Temple on Nissan 8th 66AD. The heavenly host followed about 56 days later. The restrainer had now been removed. This same Shekinah Glory was previously seen leaving in the same manner by Ezekiel just before the destruction of Solomons temple back in his day. The start of the war began shortly afterward.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,

This is a reference to the terrorist leader who took over the temple (Eleazar ben Simon) with the coming of Cestius Gallus to put down the rebellion at Jerusalem. The Zealots were making up stories of miraculous events taking place in the temple to keep people believing in the lie of God's impending deliverance. One such story was that a cow had given birth to a lamb. These were the "False Miracles" that Satan was propagating to hold people in line awaiting destruction.

10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

He's talking about the masses of Jews who had rejected about 36 years of preaching by the followers of Jesus.

11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

The lie was the doctrine of the 4th estate - the belief that God would deliver them from the Romans. This has nothing to do with the Christians.

12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

As a result over 1,100,000 Jews perished in the Jewish Roman war of 66-70.

13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

The Christians escaped Jerusalem during the retreat of Cestius and fled to Pella escaping the destruction of Jerusalem.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
The Christians escaped Jerusalem during the retreat of Cestius and fled to Pella escaping the destruction of Jerusalem.

And that is where Pella Windows came into business.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
lforrest said:
agape is the word used in the greek.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
RANDOR said:

Yes the righteous were saved just as it will be at the second coming...

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
lforrest said:
Thank you again my brother and friend!

In all seriousness, watched in horror one of my peers long ago quit Seminary late in the game over the diverse definitions of agape both in the Koine and English (heated arguments with the Professors...a no no then). I tried to talk him into staying, but didn't work...he passed on recently...anyway, we all need to look at the Greek including me...thank you.

All Greek to me, old Jack
RANDOR said:

Ordering some Pella windows ASAP as need to escape where I presently live where they could care less about the Cross.

Old Jack sinking in the water like Peter, RANDOR throw a life preserver in haste!