WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And sadly - people like YOU can't tell the difference between Hollywood and reality . . .

THANK GOD we still have Early Church documents like The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles) to compliment Scripture . . .
Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit.
Funny that. I can't see the Didache in the scriptures.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yup - so can the other tens of thousands disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach Him differently than YOU do.

What a mess you've all made . . .
Oh, dear. I feel so bad that I am a born again believer who does not adhere to the Roman Catholic ideology and lies.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not here to make you "agree" with me.
I'm ONLY here to expose your dishonesty - and the dishonesty of others here.

So, once you stop lying - I'll go away.
It's really THAT simple . . .

I am trembling in my boots, your majesty. To think that over the years I have been used by God to bring healing and deliverance to people and set people free from their bondage and it was all wrong because it was not authorized by the Catholic Cult. I will have to get in touch with all those people and let them know they were not really healed or set free. it was only Satan playing jokes with them. So if they are happy and feel free, they are to put themselves under bondage again and they have to be sick again.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The first church -- immediately after Pentecost -- is the model church. What other churches did or did not do has no bearing on the subject. Those with discernment can see exactly what a New Testament church is supposed to be by studying Acts 2 (and also the book of Acts), given the fact that the Holy Spirit caused Luke to record that which needed to be recorded.
Sorry but you are seriously mistaken. Among other things, the New Testament was in fact written to provide a *manual* to future churches as to how to organize and conduct themselves.

Just as God gave the Israelites and the nation of Israel a *manual* to determine how they should direct themselves, the Holy Spirit gave the NT for that purpose to the Church (and local churches).

So what we find in Acts 2 is how God establishes churches.
1. The Gospel is preached to all and sundry in the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Sinners are converted and baptized immediately.
3. Believers then continue steadfastly in (1) receiving doctrine from the NT, (2) they fellowship together, (3) they observe the Lord's Supper regularly, and (4) they meet for corporate prayers.
4. The Christians are in perfect harmony, and share their material possession with others with great generosity and unselfishness.
5. We also see in Acts that this church had elders and deacons, and looked after widows (and orphans).
6. We also see that they had missionaries going out with the Gospel and establishing churches.

Could you do me a favour and block Bread of Life. He has invaded this thread and made it almost impossible for us to have a sensible discussion and is intent on pushing the catholic bandwagon which is not what is intended. He is virtually saying that we don't have the right to hold the views we do.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course. The apostles weren't ready at the time...and they learned many things subsequently that are not recorded in the gospels or epistles.

Jesus said that the Spirit would come to teach us all things. And that is very true.

Could you do me a favour and block Bread of Life. He has invaded this thread and made it almost impossible for us to have a sensible discussion and is intent on pushing the catholic bandwagon which is not what is intended. He is virtually saying that we don't have the right to hold the views we do.

Fred Eans

May 31, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only say: God said, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge. And He means the Truth and nothing but the TRUTH. Let me expand on this. John 3:16. It states to believe in... My question is, do you believe because a friend or a Pastor told you about it, and maybe even show you the scripture? How can one believe on something when God tells us to not trust anyone, even your spouse, when it comes to salvation. To believe strongly enough to deflect Satan will require much more. You have to break open the Bible, have a dictionary for meanings, and prove what you have heard. When you do that, you will be comfortable enough to help others to come to Christ. And you will gain talents for it. (Parable of the “talents”.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Repentance and belief is necessary for salvation, but the Bible never says baptism is necessary for salvation, any more that it was necessary for the thief on the cross.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can only say: God said, My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge. And He means the Truth and nothing but the TRUTH. Let me expand on this. John 3:16. It states to believe in... My question is, do you believe because a friend or a Pastor told you about it, and maybe even show you the scripture? How can one believe on something when God tells us to not trust anyone, even your spouse, when it comes to salvation. To believe strongly enough to deflect Satan will require much more. You have to break open the Bible, have a dictionary for meanings, and prove what you have heard. When you do that, you will be comfortable enough to help others to come to Christ. And you will gain talents for it. (Parable of the “talents”.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
... being religious, but not necessarily Christian.

Alternately, one can be a COMPLETE Christian by Observing and Obeying the Entire Bible.

Who'da thunk,
Bobby Jo

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joining a NT church is not difficult, many of these communities are still around..

The bishop of the Church in Rome, i think most here are familiar with..

A quick search for the bishops of Jerusalem, Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth etc.. will quickly lead you to the apostolic Church in those locations..

Peace be with you!

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What like this bit

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So who is it the Holy Spirit leads us to? Christ who is the truth

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Is there any other

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Umm, no thank you, but thanks for the offer anyway. :D

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, it's a rare event indeed that I place a "like" at the bottom of a post from BoL. While I am totally dismissive of the conclusions he would draw in that early embryo growing into what we witness today in Rome (oak tree? No, more like an overgrown blackberry bush) however, I agree with the bones of the post. The house to house meetings described in Acts are certainly a historical reality, but not an historical imperative. The church did grow. It developed into an organised mission oriented organism that brought life and light to cultures and from Britain to Africa, from Scandinavia to China. All within a few hundred years

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I decided that I do want to be part of a New Testament church, so I started to build a time machine to take me back to the First Century so I could be there to be a First Century Christian. Trouble is though, I would be taking my life into my hands because Christians are being persecuted and killed back then. However, I need an essential component to make the machine work - A particle displacement activator modulation discriminator. I became flummoxed because one hasn't been invented yet, and to get one I would have to go forward in time to obtain one. But that is out of the question because I actually need one to make my machine work. So, I guess I have to give that project up, and be content with the church I am currently attending...

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was also because in Europe episcopacy was stronger, while in North America congregationalism and independent churches became a huge feature of church life.

In legal terms also, appeals to meaning followed patterns of textual interpretation more influenced by ways of Scripture interpretation rather than by the the tradition of ecclesiastical monopolies and episcopal controls.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is interesting to note that the early ferocious anti catholic rhetoric took hold more in the early North American colonies rather than it did in Europe where the main reformation fight took place. The anti catholic rhetoric was more of a protection mechanism against the ever increasing numbers of Catholics immigrating to the American colonies towards the end of the establishment of the Reformation Churches and their oppression of the Catholic people where the reformation churches then held dominance. Initially, the American colonies were predominately Protestant because of the fierce oppression of the Catholic Church protecting its position as the dominate religious institution in Europe against all other comers. The early English immigration was because of the one form of protestant movement over another in a struggle for power.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If doctrines were just invented just by men then what you say would be true (as it is for Protestants).

But it isn't for the Catholic Church.

Jesus promised the apostles (and therefore their successors) that the the Holy Spirit would remind them of all Jesus taught them (John 14:26) and lead into all truth (John 16:13).
Therefore it's not just men, but men +the Holy Spirit.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This won't make anybody a Christian. You have to come through Jesus alone.