WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No kidding.
And once again - that won't stop me from exposing you.

I am not sure what you are contributing to this thread other than negative comments, Perhaps it would be best if you steered clear of it as you seem to be on a different wavelength to everyone else.

You are not edifying anyone. You don't seem to get any likes. I can't help feeling you are a square peg in a round hole.

Of course, you could post something that is not negative or critical but I won't hold my breath.

The owners of this forum say that we are all a work in progress and I agree with that, but your progress seems to have come to a standstill.

Last edited:
Reactions: user

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WRONG again.

There is not ONE SINGLE description of a Baptism in ALL of the New Testament.
In other words - you will NOT find ONE verse that describes HOW a Baptism is actually performed.
NOWHERE is full immersion or pouring every described.
NOWHERE are the words of Baptism laid out.

I know that this will fall on deaf ears as B0L is not teachable in any sense of the word but I will post this for all those of you that are teachable.

In the original Greek which is the most accurate translation of all, it makes it quite clear that we are to baptize in the name of Jesus. And if you look at every reference to it in Acts you will find that the NTC ALWAYS baptized in the name of Jesus, not in the titles of the trinity.

Plus the meaning of the word baptism in the Greek is fully wet. If you are not sure what that means, it means having all your body submerged in water.

In the Greek, it is very clear how baptisms are performed. 3,000 people on the day of Pentecost was not that difficult because the temple had several ritual bathing places so they could be utilized for several hours. And bearing in mind that they didn't prayer over the person or sing songs each time someone was baptized. It was down into the water, get dunked, and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. About 30 seconds to 1 minute in all.

And as scripture points out when we are baptized the scriptural way we are clothed with the risen Christ hence the submerging in water.

Reactions: user and Brakelite

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestants trying to be like Catholics.
Sooooo no answer? After all you interjected yourself into the conversation. The least you could do is TRY and answer the question instead of being flippant.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - there's NOTHING nicer than the words of Jesus Himself - and HE told the leaders of HIS Church:

Matt 16:16-19
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU BIND on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU LOOSE on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15

“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

Nothin' like good ol' God-given Church Authority . . .
"You" is not the phoney baloney RCC.

Nor is it Mary Baker Eddy.

Nor is it Joseph Smith.

Nor Jim Jones etc.

It is the 12 Apostles.

Reactions: marksman

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complete hypocrisy and contradiction . . .

FIRST, you say that I was trying to "debunk" Acts 2:28, which says to be Baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ."

THEN, you say that "Nobody" was ever Baptized in the titles.
What do you think "CHRIST" is, Einstein. It's a TITLE that means, "Anointed One."

Your ignorance just blows me away . . .
You did it again....Peter said the name is Jesus Christ(Acts 2:38), and you say "No".

Good thing you were not there to rebuke Peter for naming him "Jesus the Christ", or later, "Jesus Christ of Nazareth".

You would have followed him around correcting him, all the while in the back of your head, mumbling to yourself, "the name of the son is son".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is every time someone posts something you do not like.
No - ONLY when it's untrue.

I've had MANY conversations here with people who don't like the Catholic Church for one reason or another, which is fine - as long as it is true.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did it again....Peter said the name is Jesus Christ(Acts 2:38), and you say "No".

Good thing you were not there to rebuke Peter for naming him "Jesus the Christ", or later, "Jesus Christ of Nazareth".

You would have followed him around correcting him, all the while in the back of your head, mumbling to yourself, "the name of the son is son".
No - Peter understood that his command for all to be Baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ" simply meant by His AUTHORITY.
YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it - so YOU'D be the one following him around and trying to "correct" him . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You" is not the phoney baloney RCC.
Nor is it Mary Baker Eddy. Nor is it Joseph Smith. Nor Jim Jones etc.
It is the 12 Apostles.
Yup - and their successors (Acts 1:20).

You see - the Catholic Church has a UNBROKEN line of Apostolic Succession.
YOUR sect can only go back as far as the 16th century - and probably not even that far . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical RCC commentary attempting to debunk Acts 2:38.
You do realize that “RCC commentary” came BEFORE Protestant commentary? Sooooo you got it backwards.

The historical fact is that Protestant commentary is an attempt to debunk Catholic commentary. @BreadOfLife is not attempting to debunk anything. YOU are attempting to debunk him.

Keeping the facts straight....Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am presenting FACTS - Biblical, historical and linguistic.

YOU
, on the other hand are simply blowing it all off with your "No comment" responses - so WHOSE posts are the more worthless here??
If you want to have charitable dialogue - then BE charitable.

Think about it . . .
No comment

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that “RCC commentary” came BEFORE Protestant commentary? Sooooo you got it backwards.

The historical fact is that Protestant commentary is an attempt to debunk Catholic commentary. @BreadOfLife is not attempting to debunk anything. YOU are attempting to debunk him.

Keeping the facts straight....Mary
Why don't you reject both commentaries and go cold turkey, sole scriptura like I do?

The original words in the Bible are bullet proof, but commentary is bullet riddled.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - and their successors (Acts 1:20).

You see - the Catholic Church has a UNBROKEN line of Apostolic Succession.
YOUR sect can only go back as far as the 16th century - and probably not even that far . . .
LOL....and their successors.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Peter understood that his command for all to be Baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ" simply meant by His AUTHORITY.
YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it - so YOU'D be the one following him around and trying to "correct" him . . .
Is that what Peter really meant in Acts 4:12 also?

Or, is the name spoken the authority?

Let's see what Peter actually thought about the use of saying the name.....

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk....

16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all....

9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

.....just like the RCC that says not to baptize in the name of Jesus.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - until somebody else interprets those original words differently that YOU.

Then you have what we have today:
Tens of thousands
of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim that THEIR interpretation is "correct".

Ummmmmm, not very "bullet-proof".
What a mess . . .
The KJV is our only hope and source. You just made my case.