WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so glad our son, the younger one,,, found us a bible church !!!!!!!!!!
I have learned so much at this church !

I went to the Catholic Church [for 50 years] and school for six years
did not learn much.

After going to a bible church I sure did learn a lot and love it.
I sure hope that church has changed since my time......
The Catholic Church has the Catechism, websites, books etc for you to learn. How is it that you "did not learn much" from The Church? This "bible church" you attend; How do they teach you?

Curious mary

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church has the Catechism, websites, books etc for you to learn. How is it that you "did not learn much" from The Church? This "bible church" you attend; How do they teach you?

Curious mary

For one thing they were Polish, and not many of us knew ,,, what they were talking about !!!!
And we were different back then, you did not tell them they were wrong !
"You were told to listen and not speak ,,, unless asked to !
They did speak english, but I guess there ????? language kept popping up in there brain ?
You know the saying speak when you're spoken to ????????????

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
QUOTE="marksman, post: 837128, member: 1136"][QUOTE

I say we bury the hatchet. I live in Hamilton and have been to the Vineyard in T.O. about 5 times before leaving Protestantism. Pointing out their errors is a waste of time. I have some questions for you.
1). What is the meaning of The Cup of Blessing in both Old and New Testaments?
2). Jesus didn't complete the seder Passover in the Upper Room, where and how did Jesus partake of The Fourth Cup, The Cup of Consummation???, as the Israelites had done for centuries? Scripture shows The Fourth Cup did not occur in the Upper Room. Could it be that the Eucharist and the Crucifixion is one and the same sacrifice?
3) Didn't Paul freak out on the Corinthians for trivializing the consecrated Bread and Wine as you suggest they did?

[/QUOTE]

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QUOTE="marksman, post: 837128, member: 1136"][QUOTE

I say we bury the hatchet. I live in Hamilton and have been to the Vineyard in T.O. about 5 times before leaving Protestantism. Pointing out their errors is a waste of time. I have some questions for you.
1). What is the meaning of The Cup of Blessing in both Old and New Testaments?
2). Jesus didn't complete the seder Passover in the Upper Room, where and how did Jesus partake of The Fourth Cup, The Cup of Consummation???, as the Israelites had done for centuries? Scripture shows The Fourth Cup did not occur in the Upper Room. Could it be that the Eucharist and the Crucifixion is one and the same sacrifice?
3) Didn't Paul freak out on the Corinthians for trivializing the consecrated Bread and Wine as you suggest they did?

[/QUOTE]
1. Where is T.O.?

2. Every church has error even yours.

3. Yo tell me what is the meaning as it seems to bother you.

4. I can't answer a question when it does not exist outside of a person's speculation.

5. No Paul did not freak out.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. Where is T.O.?
It's slang for Toronto.
2. Every church has error even yours.
God promises to protect His Church from error until the end of the world. That's straight up Scripture Alone. You either believe that or you don't. He didn't promise that all members would go to heaven.
3. Yo tell me what is the meaning as it seems to bother you.
Again, you miss the point. Without knowing YOUR understanding of the 4 cups, there is no dialogue. I'm trying to get you to do your own research and think for yourself. What bothers me is unbiblically trivializing The Eucharist/Holy Communion.
4. I can't answer a question when it does not exist outside of a person's speculation.
The Eucharist and the Crucifixion is one and the same sacrifice. That's not speculation, it's straight up Scripture Alone. The answers to my questions were spoon fed to you in the videos. Either you were afraid to watch them or lack the technology or just don't like videos but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
5. No Paul did not freak out.
He wrote about the sexual immorality going on in the Corinthian church.* That should freak anybody out. His letters were not formatted with bold, italics, and underlining.

*I trust you are biblically literate enough to know the chapter and verse numbers without me having me look it up.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's slang for Toronto.
God promises to protect His Church from error until the end of the world. That's straight up Scripture Alone. You either believe that or you don't. He didn't promise that all members would go to heaven.
Again, you miss the point. Without knowing YOUR understanding of the 4 cups, there is no dialogue. I'm trying to get you to do your own research and think for yourself. What bothers me is unbiblically trivializing The Eucharist/Holy Communion.
The Eucharist and the Crucifixion is one and the same sacrifice. That's not speculation, it's straight up Scripture Alone. The answers to my questions were spoon fed to you in the videos. Either you were afraid to watch them or lack the technology or just don't like videos but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
He wrote about the sexual immorality going on in the Corinthian church.* That should freak anybody out. His letters were not formatted with bold, italics, and underlining.

*I trust you are biblically literate enough to know the chapter and verse numbers without me having me look it up.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are the one that profiled the Church with sex scandals (which is just as hideous as racial profiling) in response to my post on cults, which was unfair and irrational. And I retain the right to expose your bigotry. I suggest you stop using the outdated sex abuse crisis as a red herring and an attack, because it collapses on itself.

Good thing I am autistic as that means that I do not respond to trolling/goading which is forbidden, by the way, preferring to let it go through to the keeper.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Again, you miss the point. Without knowing YOUR understanding of the 4 cups, there is no dialogue. I'm trying to get you to do your own research and think for yourself. What bothers me is unbiblically trivializing The Eucharist/Holy Communion."

I am glad I am allowed to do my own research because I have done just that. Copious amounts of it from various perspectives that allow me to find out just what the scripture says about this subject. And it is not what so many say it says. That and the fact that I am autistic means that I don't have to bow down to goading/trolling posts that declare the writer to be right and everyone else wrong.

I much prefer the truth that sets you free rather than the speculation which tries to ridicule everyone else.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I trust that at some stage in your walk, you will obtain enough grace not to be so acerbic and superior when you reply to people who you deem to be inferior to you.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ABUSE LAWYER FINGERS CATHOLICS AND MORMONS
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a biased TV ad:

Many states have suspended the statute of limitations for sexual abuse crimes against minors, and some lawyers have seized the opportunity to single out the Catholic Church. It would be like fighting crime and focusing exclusively on African Americans. Both campaigns smack of bigotry.

One of the most egregiously biased TV ads on this subject is being promoted by California attorney Andrew Van Arsdale. It has been running on Fox News, among other places.

Here it is. “For decades, survivors of childhood sexual abuse were told it was too late for them to seek justice. No more. Statute of limitations prohibited organizations such as Catholic and Mormon churches, public and private schools, Boy Scouts and other youth organizations from being held accountable. No more.”

Why Catholic and Mormon churches? Why not Protestant churches and Christian schools? Why not Jewish synagogues and yeshivas? Is it because Catholic and Mormon institutions are known for their traditional values?

Why is there no interest in pursuing the one venue where most of the abuse takes place, namely, the family? Live-in boyfriends are particularly notorious. But there is no money to be made prosecuting single mothers, so these men get off scot-free. The decision to single out the Catholic Church is driven by bigotry, not the pursuit of justice. (get it, marksman?)

Religious profiling is just as invidious as racial profiling, though they are treated differently by elites. This shows how utterly insincere their objections to profiling are. What matters is who is being profiled, not the practice itself.
(get it, marksman?)

Contact Andrew Van Arsdale Law Group: [email protected]

Your post suggests that you are not conversant on how the law works (I studied law at University). When a lawyer is approached to take a case dealing with a specific issue, they do not investigate a 100 other issues. They investigate the brief that they have been asked to investigate.

If they have been asked to investigate a murder, they do not investigate another murder. They investigate the one they have been asked to investigate. So, if a lawyer has been asked to investigate the actions of certain priests, they do not investigate the action of priests they have not been asked to investigate.

If they have not been asked to investigate protestant churches and Christian schools, they will not investigate them. Simple.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Curious mary

I want to start from the first grade .......... I had ,,, been ill with tooth prblems..... and when I came back to school [ and church]
They did not teach me what i missed......
So we had mass 6 day's a week.......
And the nuns in the class rooms , took better care of some of the children who were [ rich ] " parents with money"
One child had a Dad who had a store and they treated him first all the time and more time with him.
The nuns kept giving me E's on my report card....... And yet they kept passing me !!!!!!!!

If they would have failed me ,,,, I guess I may have learned what I missed to begin,,,,,,,, with........ !

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THE MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH
chapter 4

In Acts 4 v 31 we see the Holy Spirit at work again in response to prayer. After they had prayed, the place where they were gathered was shaken and as a result, they were ALL filled with the Holy Spirit which enabled them to speak the Word of God with boldness.

Have you been in a prayer meeting where this has happened? I note that being filled with the Holy Spirit was not a once for all experience. In fact, without it, the church was in all probability quite inoffensive and powerless. So, why do we not crave the filling of the Holy Spirit? It seems to make all the difference. Could it be arrogance or pride that is preventing that from happening today? Could it be that we feel we don't need the Holy Spirit working actively in our churches because we know everything?

From my own experience, I would rather have a good dose of the Holy Spirit descending on a meeting than a well-prepared programme that achieves next to nothing except to ensure that nothing happens. If the NTC was dependant on the Holy Spirit for their new converts, then we are foolish to do otherwise.

In comparison to the NTC, we are a prayerless church and a powerless church. so we should not be surprised at the lack of interest in it and the lack of growth.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why do we not crave the filling of the Holy Spirit? It seems to make all the difference. Could it be arrogance or pride that is preventing that from happening today? Could it be that we feel we don't need the Holy Spirit working actively in our churches because we know everything?
good question.. why dont we... we have just enough God as we want . we have been told those who hunger and thirst for Righteousness shall be Filled . what did jesus say to the woman at the well
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

maybe we have it confused on how and what the infilling really is .

Could it be arrogance or pride that is preventing that from happening today? Could it be that we feel we don't need the Holy Spirit working actively in our churches because we know everything?
imo i think the later we dont feel the need . some think its all in speaking in tongues and righteousness is the filling of the Holy Spirit .

From my own experience, I would rather have a good dose of the Holy Spirit descending on a meeting than a well-prepared programme that achieves next to nothing except to ensure that nothing happens. If the NTC was dependant on the Holy Spirit for their new converts, then we are foolish to do otherwise.
i would have to agree

In comparison to the NTC, we are a prayerless church and a powerless church. so we should not be surprised at the lack of interest in it and the lack of growth.
pretty close

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 4 v 31 we see the Holy Spirit at work again in response to prayer. After they had prayed, the place where they were gathered was shaken and as a result, they were ALL filled with the Holy Spirit which enabled them to speak the Word of God with boldness.

Have you been in a prayer meeting where this has happened?
yes i have i can remember praying and so many was praying out loud it was hard for me to pray. note there was no confusion 25 years ago i was saved in a 4 week revival. 2 of which i did not go i did go one night of the first week,, but that was all i wanted. i was saved in the 3rd week on a friday night .i went there figuratively to put a stop to a long winded preacher.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BRUTAL.
If I had to use one word to describe the background to the NTC it would be brutal. In my research into the life and times of the NTC, a picture emerges of an environment that leaves a lot to be desired. Not only for the beleivers but for all who had to suffer the tyranny of Rome.

I was watching a film the other day depicting the life of Paul and the time when he was in prison and I thought about a comparison to modern day prison.

Today, you get three meals a day. Then you were lucky to get one.

Today you get a comfortable bed. Then you don't get a bed. The floor is your bed.

Today you get a shower every day. Then you don't get to wash your face.

Today, you get plenty of activities provided. Then you get nothing at all provided.

Today, you get a TV. Then you got four walls to watch.

Today, warders cannot abuse prisoners without reason. Then warders could do as they please to assault prisoners.

Today, you can appeal to the prison govenor if you feel mistreated. Then you could not appeal to anyone.

Today, you get time to go outside and exercise. Then, you could not go outside for anything.

Some criminals today commit crime because they are better off in prison than ouside. Then you avoided prison because it was so cruel and inhuman.

Today you cannot be punished unless you are found guilty of a crime. Then you could be flogged at the whim of some dignitary.

Today, you cannot be found guilty of a crime unless there is compelling evidence of your guilt. Then witnesses could be paid to give evidence that was not true.

Today, there has to be a case of beyond all reasonable doubt to be found guilty. Then, near enough was good enough.

Today in Western society, if you are a christian you are not guilty of anything. Then, being a christian often was a death sentence.

Today you cannot be charged for a crime you did not do. Then, whether you committed a crime or not, you were charged and found gulty if that is what the rulers wanted, especially the religious rulers.

Today there is a welfare system that finances you if you are out of work or ill. Then, there was no welfare system. You were on your own.

If you didn't get out of the way of a Roman chariot and you were killed, too bad.

Today if you live to the age of 100, that is nothing unusual. Then, if you lived to the age of 50 you were one of the lucky ones.

Today, you can buy homes that have four, five six bedrooms. Then you were lucky to have a home that had two rooms.

Today, you have gas, electricity and sanitation. Then you had nothing other than candles or oil lamps or sanitation which was poured out into the street.

Today, women are treated with respect and can have a career. Then they were treated as chatel to serve their husbands and brothers.

Despite all this, the NTC was a shining light amongst the darkness where they had all things common; where women were treated with care and protected; and where no one went without.

They did not just talk about being a follower of Jesus the messiah. They lived a life that showed they were followers of Jesus the messiah. As the scripture says they loved not their lives unto death. As Jesus had died for them, they were prepard to die for him.

All the brutality, cruelty, squalor and depridation could not and would not change that. For them, to live was Christ and to die was gain. Jesus was their whole life. Life for them was not about them, it was about the risen Christ. The one who could change people and did. The one who had the power to heal, and save and bring back to life again. He was the one that motivated them to give all for the sake of the gospel and for the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THE HOLY SPIRIT chapter 4.

Acts 5 v 3. But Peter said, Annanias, why did Satan fill your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to secretly keep back from the price of the land.

Despite the wonderful way the Holy Spirit operated through the members of the NTC, he was determined to keep them a holy and true people who would leave no stone unturned to be his witnesses and disciples which came wih a price and that was truth. They could not under any circumstances even lie to the Holy Spirit. They were not lying to the other disciples. They were lying to the Holy Spirit.

Man alive, that shows you the power that the Holy Spirit had that he could strike some one down because he lied. I was told when I was younger to keep short accounts with the Lord. If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleans us from all unrighteousness. (Gospel of John).

It is easy for me to tell the truth because I am autistic and autistic people are generally know for telling the truth as that is the way they are wired. But if you are not autistic, lying may be like falling off a log. Very easy. Today we just brush it off but I have noticed that in the last 10 years in particular, God is putting his finger on those in authority that are lying to their congregation by their sexual activity and their cheating on their wives which is in fact lying.

The Catholic Church in particular have been guilty of lying with their molestation of children and young people and coverig up the fact. As the scripture says "Judgment begins at the House of God." As the days get shorter and the second coming of Christ gets nearer, you can expect to see more and more leaders have the finger put on them when they lie to the Holy Spirit.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic Church in particular have been guilty of lying with their molestation of children and young people and coverig up the fact. As the scripture says "Judgment begins at the House of God." As the days get shorter and the second coming of Christ gets nearer, you can expect to see more and more leaders have the finger put on them when they lie to the Holy Spirit.
There you go again, obsessed over a crisis that no longer exists, pretending that nothing has been done about it, while ignoring the continuing sex abuse in Protestant churches and cults. They have no centrality to deal with the problem as effectively as the Catholic Church has. Your constant unfair profiling the Catholic Church is really tiresome.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There you go again, obsessed over a crisis that no longer exists, pretending that nothing has been done about it, while ignoring the continuing sex abuse in Protestant churches and cults. They have no centrality to deal with the problem as effectively as the Catholic Church has. Your constant unfair profiling the Catholic Church is really tiresome.
It is only tiresome to those who are not prepared to face the truth and want to defend a church that is not the church.

And just so as I get this straight. You are claiming that catholic priests no longer molest children?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is only tiresome to those who are not prepared to face the truth and want to defend a church that is not the church.

And just so as I get this straight. You are claiming that catholic priests no longer molest children?
I'm claiming your obsession with a no longer existing problem and unfair profiling suggests YOU have a sex problem.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishop’ Secretariat of Child and Youth Protection has released its audit on clergy sexual abuse that covers the period July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.

During this time, there were 37 allegations made by current minors. Eight were substantiated, 7 were unsubstantiated, 6 were unable to be proven, 12 are still being investigated, 3 were referred to religious orders, and 1 was referred to another diocese.

Of the 49,972 members of the clergy (33,628 priests and 16,344 deacons), .07% (37) had an accusation made against them for abusing a minor. However, since only .016% (8) could be substantiated, that means that 99.98% of priests did not have a substantiated accusation made against them.

In other words, clergy sexual abuse is near 0%.

It is hardly surprising that the media are ignoring this story. The only stories about the Catholic Church that they see fit to print or air are those that put the Church in a negative light. That they wallow in dirt cannot be denied.
CLERGY SEXUAL ABUSE NEAR ZERO PERCENT – Catholic League
That marksman wallows in dirt cannot be denied either.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm claiming your obsession with a no longer existing problem and unfair profiling suggests YOU have a sex problem.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishop’ Secretariat of Child and Youth Protection has released its audit on clergy sexual abuse that covers the period July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.

During this time, there were 37 allegations made by current minors. Eight were substantiated, 7 were unsubstantiated, 6 were unable to be proven, 12 are still being investigated, 3 were referred to religious orders, and 1 was referred to another diocese.

Of the 49,972 members of the clergy (33,628 priests and 16,344 deacons), .07% (37) had an accusation made against them for abusing a minor. However, since only .016% (8) could be substantiated, that means that 99.98% of priests did not have a substantiated accusation made against them.

In other words, clergy sexual abuse is near 0%.

It is hardly surprising that the media are ignoring this story. The only stories about the Catholic Church that they see fit to print or air are those that put the Church in a negative light. That they wallow in dirt cannot be denied.
CLERGY SEXUAL ABUSE NEAR ZERO PERCENT – Catholic League
That marksman wallows in dirt cannot be denied either.

Yes it can. You forgot to mention the hundreds of children molested by catholic clergy here in Australia, those in the UK and other western nations other than the USA. Being austistic, all I am interested in is the truth. That is why I defended Cardinal George Pell here in Australia because it was patently obvious that what he was accused of could not have happened. And I watched a programme on TV where clergy openly admitted they were paedophiles and molested children. One had already been found guilty and was in jail when some other cases were brought to light which he is now being tried for.

But you being a catholic, I guess I have to expect you to defend the church come what may, even if they are wrong and especially to mitigate accusations so they seem meaningless.

Not being a catholic I do not excuse any behaviour that the church denomination affiliations that I have been involved in who have abused their position in any way, shape or form. That is why I no longer am associated with them.

As for the claim " that means that 99.98% of priests did not have a substantiated accusation made against them." is irrelevant as the only thing that matters is the priests who have abused children. And in this context, one is too many. Or is it a case of one here or there is OK with you?

As a matter fo interest, as you claim you are a sex expert, can you diagnose my sex problems for me?

And can you tell me what all this has got to do with joiniing a new testament church? A bit of a long bow if you ask me.