x

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
X.

X marks the spot. The spot of what? Something lost, and that saddens me a little. Was it something important? Was it something insignificant? A “dead soldier thought“. Something lost to posterity.

I got in the habit of writing down events and thoughts - some spectacular, some mundane - on a calendar. My calendars go back to 1989. So much remembered. So much more forgotten. I want my descendants to know. I want my descendants to remember. I lament that my ancestors weren’t in the habit and of that mindset. I know quite a bit about about some of them (though precious little from their own hand) and so very little about most of them. They thought and acted. They lived and died.

We’re soon forgotten within a few generations, but not forgotten by God.

• Love
Reactions: TheHC and MatthewG

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
want my descendants to know. I want my descendants to remember.
May I suggest that you literally get an exercise boo, and just start writing down stories, Incidents, events from your past.
If possible date the story.
It doesn't have to be great literature, just in your words, your story, history as seen experienced by you.

My Grandmother was encouraged by my Father to do this and over a number of years she wrote out stories as she remembered them.
Reading it was great assessment told us about things she'd seen, experienced that she hadn't told us about in conversations.

Reactions: Matthias