xtn long distance relationships

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forgiven

Mar 22, 2008
Im 17, and currently thinking about a long distance relationship with a guy 306 miles away.. hes xtn too (xtn means christian, if you didnt know) and we both really like each other, have met and going to visit again soon. we both love god. and want him at centre of relationship.. and open to moviing closer if things got serious.. in for long run
smile.gif
what do you guys think?

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
1st and foremost, loose the xtn. Put Christ back where He belongs and then pray and seek His guidance. If it is His desire for the two of you, then you will know it.

Forgiven

Mar 22, 2008
(forgivenWretch;41918)
1st and foremost, loose the xtn. Put Christ back where He belongs and then pray and seek His guidance. If it is His desire for the two of you, then you will know it.
sorry xtn is easier to type..we are praying about itt. just hoping that its right
smile.gif

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
I was not trying to be rude, so please do not take it that way. But just for a moment look at what you typed....
hes xtn too (xtn means christian, if you didnt know)
which is easier Christian, which everyone understands or "hes xtn too (xtn means christian, if you didnt know)" which you took more time to explain?It really bothers me to see Christ removed from anything. We are to praise His name and i fail to see replacing His name with anything.Pray that God will do His will, no matter your desires. He, only, knows what is the best for each of us.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'm 17, and a guy. For those who are wondering, I'm not the one she's talking about
tongue.gif
.Anyhow, my word of advice, don't date unless if you're thinking of marriage. It is best for God to provide you your other half. By best, I highly recommend it!God knows best, so pray and wait.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Im related to someone currently in a long distance relationship. From what ive seen, unless you are completely dedicated to the relationship working- its not going to work. It leads to many problems as I have seen, usually one side or the other finding a closer bf/gf.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
xtn, does not bother me. That's how these young kids talk these days.As for your long distance xtn, I'd be a little wary. Take it from a dad here. There may be another 49-year-old guy on the other end waiting for you. You don't know who you are really talking with over the internet; pictures mean nothing. Get out with some real people instead.

Aleks_Kravchuk

Mar 14, 2008
(tim_from_pa;41934)
xtn, does not bother me. That's how these young kids talk these days.As for your long distance xtn, I'd be a little wary. Take it from a dad here. There may be another 49-year-old guy on the other end waiting for you. You don't know who you are really talking with over the internet; pictures mean nothing. Get out with some real people instead.
AMEN to that. God keep you safe
smile.gif
Pray every day pray
smile.gif

zail

Feb 14, 2008
(forgivenWretch;41922)
It really bothers me to see Christ removed from anything. We are to praise His name and i fail to see replacing His name with anything...
Yeah... but "Christ" isn't His name, it's a title. Technically (as far as I know), using the hellenized Greek translations "Jesus Christ" is "removing His name" just the same. If you’re going to be so adamant about the use of His name, you should at least be congruent.
wink.gif
wink.gif
(tim_from_pa)
There may be another 49-year-old guy on the other end waiting for you. You don't know who you are really talking with over the internet; pictures mean nothing. Get out with some real people instead.
(Forgiven)
we... have met
My wife and I started out through a long-distance relationship. The Lord actually hooked us up online (through xanga.com). The first months were rough, but in hindsight, anything else would have left us worse off. I wouldn’t change a thing. It was awesome to be able to get to know her and really fall in love with who she is, before getting caught up in a "natural progression "of things. For example, we didn't get to hold hands until 5 months after talking. We didn't really even go on a real "date" until after a few months of "dating". I don't know if I could say that I'd love her as much without months of getting to know her, without any desire to "fall in love" with the physical draws of relationships. It was all from the heart. It had to be. In that way, long-distance dating really puts a relationship to the test of if it's solid, or if it's just infatuation. I definitely recommend it, since you already have met the guy, but I also have to warn that it can be pretty frustrating. I'm sure you already have a good idea of that though.
smile.gif
I thank God for giving me a long-distance relationship with an xtn that turned into my wife. We feel like the foundation of our marriage is so solid as a result. It's good to know that we didn't get married for the wrong reasons. Go for it, but like others said, only based on the Father's guideance. It's up to Him, but it was perfect for me.

Mar 25, 2008
(Forgiven;41917)
Im 17, and currently thinking about a long distance relationship with a guy 306 miles away.. hes xtn too (xtn means christian, if you didnt know) and we both really like each other, have met and going to visit again soon. we both love god. and want him at centre of relationship.. and open to moviing closer if things got serious.. in for long run
smile.gif
what do you guys think?
Keep the communication going until youre for sure this is what you want. Always remember Hes the source of our joy.