Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... is all about reinterpreting based on the times we’re living,” she said. ..." - The science of Sabbath: How people are rediscovering rest—and claiming its benefits - Religion News Service
More global Sunday laws being passed, and it comes in phases, first the bolstering of Sunday by man-made props, that 'seem' innocent enough (history repeats itself, as it was from Sylvester & Constantine onward), and then will come more and more restrictive laws (fines, punishments), and finally anti-Sabbath (7h day) Laws, and death decrees:

"... Lower House (Antigua & Barbuda) passes the Public Holiday (Amendment) Bill 2019
Article Published: October 30, 2019

Sunday is one step closer to being concretised as the 12th public holiday recognised by the laws of Antigua and Barbuda.

Yesterday, the Public Holiday (Amendment) Bill 2019 was passed in the Lower House of Parliament at which time the Minister of Legal Affairs Steadroy “Cutie” Benjamin stated that a decision was made to uphold the recommendations made by stakeholders in the recent consultations.

Antigua is over 80 percent or more Christian and what came through this discussion Mr Speaker, is the fact that we understood the significance of maintaining Sunday as a common law holiday.

“But we went further Mr Speaker, and…this government is very happy to endorse the recommendations of those persons who got together. And we will make Sunday, for the first time in Antigua and Barbuda, a recognised public holiday,” he said

Benjamin, however, highlighted that provisions have been made in the Bill to bar individuals from seeking the premium rate for working on a Sunday (150 percent) and from withholding their labour.

The Attorney General said: “Whereas on Good Friday and Christmas Day employees required to work are compensated at the rate set up in the Labour Code, this is not given to employees working on Sundays.

“The law does say that if it’s a holiday, nobody can force you to work but that doesn’t apply in this case. You see, we must understand that Antigua and Barbuda is a service society. The hotel industry, LIAT, hospital, the police, the pharmacies, the supermarkets, the dry cleaners, the small businesses — they require work on a Sunday.”

On the other hand, the amendment was met with slight resistance by some members of government, such as Minister of Health Molwyn Joseph, who questioned the significance of referring to Sunday as a holiday and suggested it be called a rest and worship day.

“We should, as a country, decide that if we accept both Sunday and Saturday as religious rest days for worship, we should so say in the law and it does not attract overtime if anyone works,” Joseph remarked.

Prime Minister Gaston Browne then acceded to that recommendation saying: “They are really rest and worship days; that’s how it should be reflected. We don’t have to continue that archaic tradition of a holiday. Sunday is not a holiday. It is really a rest and worship day and, as you said, we captured both the Adventists and the Sunday worshipers.”

However, Minister of Social Transformation, Samantha Marshall stated that the amendment should remain as agreed upon by the stakeholders.

“Based on the Bill that was presented, we had consultations with all the necessary stakeholders and the necessary stakeholders have all agreed to what is presented here. If we want to recognise further an actual worship or rest day, I think that requires us having a more holistic consultation on a number of other aspects.

“So, I believe at this stage, let us not go against what those stakeholders agreed on. Let us proceed with this but agree that this cannot be the end,” Marshall said.

The Bill was therefore passed without amendments.

Meanwhile, it was noted that a few other amendments will be made to the law.

The Public Holiday (Amendment) Bill 2019 states that “when Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday and Tuesday shall be public holidays” and “when Boxing Day falls on a Sunday, the following Monday and Tuesday shall be public holidays.” ..." - Lower House passes the Public Holiday (Amendment) Bill 2019 - Antigua Observer Newspaper

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Hebrews 9:12 KJB:

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.​

I believe this text, as do Seventh-day Adventists, and so teach that Jesus, after ascending from the Mt. Olivet to His Father, He (Jesus) entered the Holy Place of the real Heavenly Sanctuary (Psalms 77:13). This may be witnessed again in Daniel and in Revelation. For instance, see Revelation 1 and Revelation 5. Jesus did not enter into the Most Holy Place of the real Heavenly Sanctuary until the phase of the 6th church, Philadelphia, ion Revelation 3:7-8, etc.

Many Christians deny this text and do not believe what it says, and teach that Jesus upon the ascension from Mt. Olivet to the Father, entered the Most Holy Place. Yet they have no texts (except Hebrews 9:12 NKJV, which is not backed by any mss, etc on earth) for his belief.

Why then do they not believe the Hebrews 9:12 KJB and believe contrary to it?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Hebrews 9:12 KJB:

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.​

I believe this text, as do Seventh-day Adventists, and so teach that Jesus, after ascending from the Mt. Olivet to His Father, He (Jesus) entered the Holy Place of the real Heavenly Sanctuary (Psalms 77:13). This may be witnessed again in Daniel and in Revelation. For instance, see Revelation 1 and Revelation 5. Jesus did not enter into the Most Holy Place of the real Heavenly Sanctuary until the phase of the 6th church, Philadelphia, ion Revelation 3:7-8, etc.

Many Christians deny this text and do not believe what it says, and teach that Jesus upon the ascension from Mt. Olivet to the Father, entered the Most Holy Place. Yet they have no texts (except Hebrews 9:12 NKJV, which is not backed by any mss, etc on earth) for his belief.

Why then do they not believe the Hebrews 9:12 KJB and believe contrary to it?
In the church of Ephesus, where is Jesus walking?

Rev 2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.​

In the Sanctuary of Heaven, where is the seven Golden Candlesticks? In the Holy or Most Holy? They are in the Holy (as Hebrews 9:2,12 also shares), as they are directly across from ("before") the Throne of God, as represented by the golden crowned Table of Shewbread (a place for the Father and the Son) on the sides of the North:

Heb 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Isa_14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:​

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Seventh-day Adventist, we believe that Judgment of God is taking place now for the professed, first the dead, and soon to pass to the Judgment of the Living, before Jesus comes, while the Everlasting Gospel still goes with power into all the world:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Seventh-day Adventist, we believe that Judgment of God is taking place now for the professed, first the dead, and soon to pass to the Judgment of the Living, before Jesus comes, while the Everlasting Gospel still goes with power into all the world:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​
In Daniel, notice when the "judgment" with the "books" takes place for the professing, it is before Jesus returns, even takes place, while there is opportunity to repent, and mediation continues:

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.​

There are earthly events that take place, before and after these texts.

Reactions: brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, looks like a Mark of the Beast update -

Evidence to believe. :)

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Michael the archangel is just another name/designation for the Son of God, just as all these faithful Reformers did:

Source Link

AWHN-Bible-Michael-Wikipedia.jpg

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what a Seventh-day Adventist believes, and why:

Wake Up

The Real Issue

The Great Clock Of Time

7 Days

Great Work, Little Time, Part 1

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Work, Little Time, Part 2

Bell And Pomegrante, Part 1

Bell and Pomegranate, Part 2

Red Pill

Duties Of The Congregation 1

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part of understanding what one believes, incorporates whether or not you believe you belong to the One True Church, which discussion is now being had under the following thread - Do you belong to "the [true] Church" (1 Tim 3:15)?, if so, how do you prove it?

There are many which are denying that there is any such thing as the "One True Church", these days, for they love to live in the nebulous everywhere and nowhere realm of to each his own, and every man doing that which is right in their own eyes, and calling it righteousness of God, but God instead says:

1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1Co_1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.​

And yet those who refuse to give up their cherished errors, refusing to come out of spiritual drunkenness, the wine of Babylon, would rather all teach differing things, contradictory to one another and contradictory to scripture and claim that they are fulfilling the unity that Christ Jesus desired and prayed for in John 17. They have a false ecumenical mind of Revelation 17. An outward joining of hands, but no inward sameness.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be interested in understanding how you "abstain from the above mentioned (other than sexual immorality, of course). What is your understanding/meaning? Thank you.

I made a note in my head to check back here when you posted this 2 months ago and forgot all about it! And now, there are over 500 replies. I had assumed when you wrote it, that you were looking for any spirit of the words someone might have, as in...for instance, sexual immorality being as likened to having intimate relations with a dead body/gathering with people who don't have or quench the Spirit, i.e., having anything to do with an "immoral woman/harlot.

Did anyone give any of the spirit of the words in these 500+ later replies? If you say yes, I would gladly wade through them all to find it!