Yahwehs Food Laws: Why Hearken

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
xBluxTunicx82 - WROTE

(Jesus said in fact that, if you love me keep my commandments...Who gave the law, and how many of the laws in the OT begin with 'thou shalt', i tell you, it isn't just the ten commandments. You follow your god, the one that will be cast into the lake of fire on judgement day, and I will follow Almighty Yahweh, the Lord of Hosts, and the God of Israel)

Here is what Jesus said to Isaac - Genesis 26:4-5

4 And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; 5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws."

This IS 430 years before the Law of Moses. Would you please list the commandments that YHWH was referring to here.

Please make a clear list from scripture of The Commandments The Lord said Abraham followed.

Do you understand what this scripture means - Galatians 3:7-10

7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."

12 Yet the law is not of faith,

ONLY THOSE WHO ARE OF FAITH ARE SONS,,,

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

THOSE WHO ARE OF FAITH ARE BLESSED!

THOSE WHO ARE OF FAITH ARE BLESSED!

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;

THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH!

ONLY THOSE WHO ARE OF FAITH ARE SONS,,,

JLB

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
So you guys still pick and choose.

Hve you ever stoned to deatha medium or a homosexual?

The Law say's you've got to do it and that their blood will be on their own hands, so you will have done the Lord's work if you do this.

If you don't then you won't be keeping the law, just picking and choosing scripture.

BTW your idea is that Christ fulfilled the sacrificial aspects of the Law only isn';t it?

romans7

May 30, 2012
We are free from the law and certainly free from any obligations to worry about what food goes into our mouths. Nevertheless, there are guidelines about upsetting the conscience of those for whom this is an issue.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Yes, we are free from the law. The Law was for the benefit of man but by Jesus' time the Pharasees used it to oppress people. The Law became a tool of oppression.

People who follow the Old Law is what you get when you let people loose with a Bible and no proper catechesis

Since the Chruch has the authority to establish scripture then the Church must ahve authority over scripture which means only the Church can properly inerpret scripture.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Templar,
It is one of the laws of God, however it is up to you if you do not find your health a priority then have at it. Transgretion of the law is a sin. The first transplants were from a pig that means they are quite close to us in general form, plus their diseases can transmit to us and they carry a lot of them, which do not cause them problems, but? God gives you the rules, but it is up to you whether or not you follow them.

wow. I think I'm gonna fall over I'm laughing so hard. Are you actually saying that if I eat pork it's breaking the law and therefore a sin?! God gave dietary rules as a guideline for his people so they could stay healthy. And back in those days, they didn't have an inkling like we do now of what these animals can have. They didn't have labs, scientists. Anything like that. That's why God gave them guidelines.

Do I even need to list verses about eating food?

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
1Co 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
1Co 10:25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
1Co 10:26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
1Co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
1Co 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

Please, when Jesus declared, "The truth shall set you free." He was saying, once you know the truth, you don't NEED to be bound by the regulations of the law, the traditions of men. You are free because you know the truth. The truth is, you won't go to hell for eating pork. :D

Since the Chruch has the authority to establish scripture then the Church must ahve authority over scripture which means only the Church can properly inerpret scripture.

The church does NOT have authority to establish Scripture. Only SCRIPTURE can interpret Scripture. Men can come up with all their ideas, but in the end, Scripture will always speak for itself.
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Btw, just thought I'd put this up as well: The dietary laws are NOT part of the 10 commandments. In case you were wondering :p

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
GroundZero,
By your words I gather you have little understanding of scripture. Hell is the grave. The food laws are part of the laws of God and transgretion of the law is sin. So, sin away, "O" Yes you believe that all of the laws were hung on the cross, thus you can not sin as there are no laws. It must be nice in your shoes here, but what will you do when he tells you "I never knew you." The warning has gone out "come out of Her my people", but it appears you have no part in this.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
GroundZero,
By your words I gather you have little understanding of scripture. Hell is the grave. The food laws are part of the laws of God and transgretion of the law is sin. So, sin away, "O" Yes you believe that all of the laws were hung on the cross, thus you can not sin as there are no laws. It must be nice in your shoes here, but what will you do when he tells you "I never knew you." The warning has gone out "come out of Her my people", but it appears you have no part in this.

Hmmmm. I think I'll let the Scripture speak for itself:

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Somehow, I don't think that if I don't follow the dietary laws I have sinned. That's ludicrous! If it was such a big deal how come they are never mentioned in the NT as a sin? In fact, for that matter, it isn't even portrayed as a sin in the OT!

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting discussion! After reading each post, I would like to lend my support for xBluxTunicx82 & Sabitarian’s (IMO more) scriptural position regarding the biblical clean food laws. It just makes more sense to follow Christ’s example rather than Catholic tradition or even the teachings of St. Paul.

wow. I think I'm gonna fall over I'm laughing so hard. Are you actually saying that if I eat pork it's breaking the law and therefore a sin?!

There are various kinds of sins. Sins of omission, as well as commission. Likewise, willful sins and sins of ignorance. God IMO is willing to “wink” at our sins of ignorance (not knowing the true position of God’s Law) but once we are fully informed and it is made positively clear to our conscience understanding by the working of the Holy Spirit concerning a particular law of God, then we are obligated to begin to obey that law to the best of our ability.

God gave dietary rules as a guideline for his people so they could stay healthy. And back in those days, they didn't have an inkling like we do now of what these animals can have. They didn't have labs, scientists. Anything like that. That's why God gave them guidelines.

God’s guidelines supersede mankind’s science. What was deemed by God as “unclean” and “clean” food in the Beginning is just as valid now as it was then. Whereas, the hypotheses and theories of science and medicine are subject to significant change and new discoveries. One scientific study one year concludes that, e.g., eggs, wine, pasteurized milk, wheat, vaccinations, fluoride is good for you and then the following year an exact opposite scientific research study is published. So which study is valid? GOD’S WORD, however, REMAINS CONSTANT.

Do I even need to list verses about eating food?

Yes, please do!

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
1Co 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
1Co 10:25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
1Co 10:26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
1Co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.
1Co 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof:

So already, the Apostle Paul states that even in the NT there are foods YOU SHOULD NOT EAT (food offered to idols) (1Cor. 10:28). And there are OTHER NT laws against ingesting blood and “things strangled” (Acts 15:20) and foods that make your brother stumble (Rom. 14:15). So that’s already FOUR kinds/instances of foods we can agree on that must not be eaten by Christians.

Please, when Jesus declared, "The truth shall set you free." He was saying, once you know the truth, you don't NEED to be bound by the regulations of the law, the traditions of men. You are free because you know the truth. The truth is, you won't go to hell for eating pork.
C:%5CUsers%5CHoser%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.gif

What is truth? Do you know all there is to know about Truth? Is the aggregate truth you understand and walk in today the exact same as ten, twenty or more years ago? Jesus stated:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If Jesus is the truth, why not follow His example? Did Jesus eat pork or shellfish? (Ans. No!) The only thing Jesus used pigs for, was as temporary convenient containers for outcast demons (Matt. 8:31-32)

The church does NOT have authority to establish Scripture. Only SCRIPTURE can interpret Scripture. Men can come up with all their ideas, but in the end, Scripture will always speak for itself.
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

On this crucial point, we are in complete agreement. So, if I clearly demonstrate through the study of the sacred scriptures that your doctrinal position regarding God’s food laws is incorrect, you will be willing to change your mind?

Btw, just thought I'd put this up as well: The dietary laws are NOT part of the 10 commandments. In case you were wondering
C:%5CUsers%5CHoser%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image004.gif

Paying taxes, obeying speed limits and a plethora of civil laws are not part of the Ten Commandments either but you’d be foolish not to obey them. Most so-called “enlightened” antinomianist Christians like you choose to ignore the 4[sup]th[/sup] Commandment, anyway. . .

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Interesting discussion! After reading each post, I would like to lend my support for xBluxTunicx82 & Sabitarian’s (IMO more) scriptural position regarding the biblical clean food laws. It just makes more sense to follow Christ’s example rather than Catholic tradition or even the teachings of St. Paul.

There are various kinds of sins. Sins of omission, as well as commission. Likewise, willful sins and sins of ignorance. God IMO is willing to “wink” at our sins of ignorance (not knowing the true position of God’s Law) but once we are fully informed and it is made positively clear to our conscience understanding by the working of the Holy Spirit concerning a particular law of God, then we are obligated to begin to obey that law to the best of our ability.

God’s guidelines supersede mankind’s science. What was deemed by God as “unclean” and “clean” food in the Beginning is just as valid now as it was then. Whereas, the hypotheses and theories of science and medicine are subject to significant change and new discoveries. One scientific study one year concludes that, e.g., eggs, wine, pasteurized milk, wheat, vaccinations, fluoride is good for you and then the following year an exact opposite scientific research study is published. So which study is valid? GOD’S WORD, however, REMAINS CONSTANT.

Yes, please do!

So already, the Apostle Paul states that even in the NT there are foods YOU SHOULD NOT EAT (food offered to idols) (1Cor. 10:28). And there are OTHER NT laws against ingesting blood and “things strangled” (Acts 15:20) and foods that make your brother stumble (Rom. 14:15). So that’s already FOUR kinds/instances of foods we can agree on that must not be eaten by Christians.

What is truth? Do you know all there is to know about Truth? Is the aggregate truth you understand and walk in today the exact same as ten, twenty or more years ago? Jesus stated:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If Jesus is the truth, why not follow His example? Did Jesus eat pork or shellfish? (Ans. No!) The only thing Jesus used pigs for, was as temporary convenient containers for outcast demons (Matt. 8:31-32)

On this crucial point, we are in complete agreement. So, if I clearly demonstrate through the study of the sacred scriptures that your doctrinal position regarding God’s food laws is incorrect, you will be willing to change your mind?

Paying taxes, obeying speed limits and a plethora of civil laws are not part of the Ten Commandments either but you’d be foolish not to obey them. Most so-called “enlightened” antinomianist Christians like you choose to ignore the 4[sup]th[/sup] Commandment, anyway. . .

It just makes more sense to follow Christ’s example rather than Catholic tradition or even the teachings of St. Paul.

Mark 7:19 Jesus said -

because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"

Colossians 2:16 Paul said -

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Same Gospel same Holy Spirit.

When you say things like it just makes more sense to follow the teachings of Christ rather than Paul, you are speaking from the spirit of this age.

JLB

Reactions: Groundzero
Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James F. previously stated:
It just makes more sense to follow Christ’s example rather than Catholic tradition or even the teachings of St. Paul.

JLB stated:
Mark 7:19 Jesus said -

because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"

OK, let’s say some enterprising bozo in a greasy mobile BBQ truck pulls into your church’s parking lot on a bright Sunday morning with a sign that reads:

TODAY ONLY

ALL YOU CAN EAT BBQ FOR JUST ONE DOLLAR!

and the menu consists only of scrumptious sewer rat, unnamed roadkill and buzzard breasts. Will you be likely to partake? (. . . I think not.)

No, Deep down in your gut, JLB, you know that so-called food is incredibly unclean despite your precious interpretations of the sacred text or how great the bargain seems to be. That filthy unclean food may not defile you spiritually but it certainly isn’t healthy for you and you know it!

Colossians 2:16 Paul said -

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Col. 2:16 simply deals with JUDGING one another. It does NOT suggest or imply that every creature has been miraculously cleansed or annul the seventh day Sabbath observance. You’ll need much more scriptural support to draw those kinds of (IMO misguided) conclusions.

Same Gospel same Holy Spirit.

The same anointed apostle stated that women should not speak in church (1Cor. 14:34-35) (1Tim. 2:11-15)

and must pray with their heads covered or shave their heads (1Cor. 11:5-6) (1Cor. 11:10)

Does your church faithfully honor those Pauline doctrines?

When you say things like it just makes more sense to follow the teachings of Christ rather than Paul, you are speaking from the spirit of this age.

1Co 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Who is your Lord? Jesus or the Apostle Paul? Maybe it is YOU that is “speaking from the spirit of this (antinomianist) age” instead of following the Rock of Ages!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

Tsk tsk. Where to start, where to start. I've just had a wonderful day at church, so I'm in a really good mood. Too good a mood actually :p.

So let's start with this quote: It just makes more sense to follow Christ’s example rather than Catholic tradition or even the teachings of St. Paul.
I've stated this fact so many times that I'm sort of loathe to say it again, if we are to deny the validity of Paul's epistles, we are throwing doubt on EVERY book of the Bible. You can't discredit one book of the Bible and let the others stay the same. That is totally illogical and very foolish. As soon as you 'discredit' one book, all the others follow.

"God IMO is willing to “wink” at our sins of ignorance." Ok, please, show me where in the NT is eating foods classified as unclean, such as pork, forbidden? Let me show you the verse where this came from:
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
What was God winking at? Come on! Don't tell me you don't know how to look at things in context! God winked at man's ignorance of the One True God. He winked at the fact that we built idols. BUT NOW, HE COMMANDS MEN EVERYWHERE TO REPENT AND TURN TO HIM. God no longer winks at man's ignorance of the One true God.
Once again, if eating unclean foods were a sin, where is the back-up from the NT?

1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
It seems to be that there is no real distinction in the end. Just like bodily exercise, eating healthy profits little. Our spiritual health is much more important. Ooops. Sorry. That was Paul writing. So maybe we can excuse him?! (just kidding. I believe Paul's epistles are as God-inspired as the rest of the Bible: 100%)

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
Sorry, did I bust a bubble? None of the apostles told the Gentile Christians that they had to keep the law.

Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Excuse me, but I'm sure we can all read. Where does it mention the dietary laws of Moses? Nowhere. They weren't a matter of sinning. They were special guidelines given to the ISRAELITES to protect them from physical harm. It's fine if we want to keep them, but it's not a sin if we don't want to keep them.

Wow. FOUR things! Quote: "So that’s already FOUR kinds/instances of foods we can agree on that must not be eaten by Christians." Let me set something straight. NONE of those things mentioned, comprised the dietary laws. They weren't, "You shouldn't eat pork, etc." They were, "You shouldn't drink blood." And I think there were some deeper reasons behind that then mere physical health.

Quote: "Did Jesus eat pork or shellfish? (Ans. No!)" I can't believe you have the gall to pull this point up. How do you know he DIDN'T eat any of that? Come on! Before you push forward these 'cement' views, check first to see if you have some real proof other than your words. If I recall, Jesus was a friend of publicans and sinners. I wonder who these people actually were. Were they people who didn't hold to the letter of the Law? Where they the prostitutes, pimps, vagabonds, Gentiles, and other outcasts of his day? Something tells me they were! Something tells me Jesus never corrected people on what they ate, because it wasn't that big a deal! Jesus came to save the soul, NOT the body.

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Lol. Of course I would change my mind. :D Good luck. So far, your points are collapsing before they even come close to hitting base!

4th Commandment . . . . . . oh, that's what it is. Wow. I couldn't even be bothered going there. I'm rather tired of debating over the Law. It's a rather old and irrelevant topic. To think that thousands of years ago Paul was discussing this in all his epistles, and we're still doing the same now . . . .

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
OK, let’s say some enterprising bozo in a greasy mobile BBQ truck pulls into your church’s parking lot on a bright Sunday morning with a sign that reads:

TODAY ONLY

ALL YOU CAN EAT BBQ FOR JUST ONE DOLLAR!

and the menu consists only of scrumptious sewer rat, unnamed roadkill and buzzard breasts. Will you be likely to partake? (. . . I think not.)

No, Deep down in your gut, JLB, you know that so-called food is incredibly unclean despite your precious interpretations of the sacred text or how great the bargain seems to be. That filthy unclean food may not defile you spiritually but it certainly isn’t healthy for you and you know it!

Col. 2:16 simply deals with JUDGING one another. It does NOT suggest or imply that every creature has been miraculously cleansed or annul the seventh day Sabbath observance. You’ll need much more scriptural support to draw those kinds of (IMO misguided) conclusions.

The same anointed apostle stated that women should not speak in church (1Cor. 14:34-35) (1Tim. 2:11-15)

and must pray with their heads covered or shave their heads (1Cor. 11:5-6) (1Cor. 11:10)

Does your church faithfully honor those Pauline doctrines?

1Co 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. (13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Who is your Lord? Jesus or the Apostle Paul? Maybe it is YOU that is “speaking from the spirit of this (antinomianist) age” instead of following the Rock of Ages!

You twist the words of the bible, its no wonder you twist the brethrens words.

THUS PURIFYING ALL FOODS.

THE LAW HAS BEEN FULFILLED BY JESUS CHRIST!

MY FAITH IN WHAT HE HAS DONE IS ACCOUNTED TO ME AS RIGHTEOUSNESS!

I DON'T HAVE TO ABSTAIN FROM SPECIFIC FOODS TO BE RIGHTEOUS!

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 1 Timothy 4:1-3

YOUR HUMAN REASONING WILL NEVER UNDO WHAT HE HAS DONE!

The exception: If I know it has been offered to idols I would refuse to eat it, whether it was pork or rib-eye steak, if I know it was offered to an idol I won't eat it.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
GroundZero and JLB, Please show me where the food laws are changed or nulified by scripture? Please do not try to use Acts 10 as your proof as it is not about food, but about Gentiles as unclean. You need to read and try to understand what you are reading or read it as a child with no preconceived notions. While you are at it read Acts 11 also as it further exemplifies that it is about men and not food. Food sacrificed to idols does not make it unclean if it is clean animal, however if you are in a group of people who do not understand the food laws, your choice to eat it could cause them to stumble unless you explain the food laws to them. Scripture backs up this point. Paul does not teach another gospel as he was taught by Christ, thus he does the same as Christ did.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
GroundZero and JLB, Please show me where the food laws are changed or nulified by scripture? Please do not try to use Acts 10 as your proof as it is not about food, but about Gentiles as unclean. You need to read and try to understand what you are reading or read it as a child with no preconceived notions. While you are at it read Acts 11 also as it further exemplifies that it is about men and not food. Food sacrificed to idols does not make it unclean if it is clean animal, however if you are in a group of people who do not understand the food laws, your choice to eat it could cause them to stumble unless you explain the food laws to them. Scripture backs up this point. Paul does not teach another gospel as he was taught by Christ, thus he does the same as Christ did.

THUS PURIFYING ALL FOODS.

I choose to believe Jesus!

Romans 14:1-6

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. 5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

All means all!

Whether Jesus says it or Paul.

If you need to eat certain things because your faith is weak, then you need to be convinced in YOUR MIND!

If you need to esteem one day above another, then you go ahead brother and observe your special day.

You have been given scripture concerning these matters over and over, because you are confused you won't believe anything!

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're not grasping is that EVERYTHING is not FOOD. Somethings that are claimed to be FOOD aren't good for you. Thousands each year are sickened or die by ingesting tainted shellfish. Trichinosis and other parasites are still a significant health problem. God knows this and gave us a list of "clean" and "unclean" animals. If you stray from what God's Word plainly states you risk severe consequences.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

I'll get back to you on your question. I have to go to work now. But you still didn't answer me. Where in the NT, is not following the dietary laws a sin? I want to see actual NT proof. Since you claim it applies today.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
GroundZero,
There is no proof that it has ever been changed, so no proof is needed, plus it is impossible to prove the absence of testimony, so since there is no proof against it, it still stands as proof. Even in law it is necessary to rebut a statement made within 30 days or it stands as proof of the statement and the unrebutted statement is then the only proof needed in a court of law. Since there is no scripture rebutting the food laws it stands as proof of there still being in place, even in a court of law. Transgretion of the law is sin.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll get back to you on your question. I have to go to work now. But you still didn't answer me. Where in the NT, is not following the dietary laws a sin? I want to see actual NT proof. Since you claim it applies today.

There are NT laws that prohibit even the eating of scripturally "clean" animals if they were strangled as well as drinking blood. (Acts 15:20, Acts 15:29, Acts 21:25) as well as any food offered to idols.

As far as I can deduce, there were two sets of laws in the First Century Church. The Christians in Jerusalem continued to comply with OT food laws while Paul's Gentile Churches were far less restrictive. There are Christians today that identify with either camp. As a general rule, I tend to follow Christ's example rather than the Gentile Church's model. Follow the direction of your heart in such matters.

Still haven't found any takers for the $1 BBQ special. . .

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
GroundZero,
There is no proof that it has ever been changed, so no proof is needed, plus it is impossible to prove the absence of testimony, so since there is no proof against it, it still stands as proof. Even in law it is necessary to rebut a statement made within 30 days or it stands as proof of the statement and the unrebutted statement is then the only proof needed in a court of law. Since there is no scripture rebutting the food laws it stands as proof of there still being in place, even in a court of law. Transgretion of the law is sin.

There is no proof that it has ever been changed, so no proof is needed...

CAN YOU READ! NO PROOF! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. Hebrews 7:12

It doesn't matter how many scriptures you people are given, whether from The Lord of Apostle Paul you just keep making excuse after excuse.

JESUS FULFILLED THE LAW!

romans7

May 30, 2012
"Sin is the transgression of the Law" occurs only in the AV. Please consult other versions.