YOU ARE INVITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know why my last post in not there. try it again.

The Christian water baptism is by full body immersion. It has to be this way because water baptism represents the new believers body being fully immersed into the death of Christ. It's a spiritual baptism, it's what takes place at the moment of believing in what Christ has done for us. The "one baptism" that Paul speaks of is not water baptism, it is this spiritual baptism, in which water baptism represents.

The new believer has spiritually died with Christ and buried with Him (full immersion down in the water), the new believer becomes a new creature in Christ with a new born-again spirit (coming up out of the water). The conversion is not seen in the spirit, it cannot be seen. This is the purpose of water baptism, it confesses to the public, which can be seen, what happened spiritually when you believed.

It is apostasy to make this representation of our spiritual salvation (water baptism) as must for salvation! That is not faith in Christ, that is a divided faith that will be spewed out of His mouth. Adding anything to the finished work of Christ is saying that what Christ did was not enough. This is apostasy any way you look at it!

The verses you quote for water baptism are being misunderstood, the reason is that the spiritual baptism into Christ is not recognized. This is the entire problem with water baptism. Those verses have been explained time and time again!

There was no problem with water baptism in the 1st century church, they knew what it represented. It was the formation of the RCC that took water baptism into apostasy. Making it a requirement to be saved, not having a clue of what Paul was teaching.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Invited yes to a protester and rebel against Christ and his church

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU ARE INVITED – How exciting!

Most people have received invitations through their letter boxes at some time or another. Usually they are welcome and a cause of pleasure and even excitement as you plan for and look forward to the big event.

What shall I wear? What gift shall I buy? Who else will be there?

Eventually the big day arrive and dressed to the nines, with invitations in handbags or jacket pockets and carrying gift-wrapped presents you arrive at the party venue with great hopes and expectations of having a great time and enjoying lots of delicious food and drink, music, great company and even a bit of a dance.

You arrive on the doorstep, knock at the door and are welcomed with open arms and hugs and kisses. If you know the people who invited you they would probably let you in even if you had come without your invitation card and in some cases even if you hadn’t been invited to the party at all.

But would the Beckham’s let you in without an invitation if you weren’t in their family or on their guest list? I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t. Security would be called and you wouldn’t even get into the grounds. The same would be true at one of the Queen’s parties. No invite – no entry. . . !! You may know a lot about the Beckhams or the Queen but if you don’t know them in person or are part of the her family you won’t get in.

Heaven is also a bit like that. You can’t get in unless you know Jesus personally and are part of his family. And the only way to be part of God’s family is to accept his invitation by accepting his Son Jesus into your life and be born again. Being born again simply means getting a new start in life when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and are adopted into God’s family. God then recognises us and our names are written in his book for ever, and we are on his invitation list.
Great invitation.

Love, Walter

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @Pearl

May the naysayers all receive as they give......

I have my invitation at the ready, waiting on my groom's arrival!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1697654052350.png

I thought I would re-open this thread because the invitation still stands.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1697817835512.png

The invitation to come to Jesus is for all humanity. Sadly there are lots of people who follow the teachings of a particular denomination rather than following the Saviour. They prefer to believe a wrong gospel but still believe that they will have eternal life. The words of the bible are true but some of the teachings of the church are not. Please make sure you are truly born again of your own free will, that you personally choose Jesus. This is vital.

Reactions: amadeus