YOU ARE INVITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YOU ARE INVITED – How exciting!

Most people have received invitations through their letter boxes at some time or another. Usually they are welcome and a cause of pleasure and even excitement as you plan for and look forward to the big event.

What shall I wear? What gift shall I buy? Who else will be there?

Eventually the big day arrive and dressed to the nines, with invitations in handbags or jacket pockets and carrying gift-wrapped presents you arrive at the party venue with great hopes and expectations of having a great time and enjoying lots of delicious food and drink, music, great company and even a bit of a dance.

You arrive on the doorstep, knock at the door and are welcomed with open arms and hugs and kisses. If you know the people who invited you they would probably let you in even if you had come without your invitation card and in some cases even if you hadn’t been invited to the party at all.

But would the Beckham’s let you in without an invitation if you weren’t in their family or on their guest list? I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t. Security would be called and you wouldn’t even get into the grounds. The same would be true at one of the Queen’s parties. No invite – no entry. . . !! You may know a lot about the Beckhams or the Queen but if you don’t know them in person or are part of the her family you won’t get in.

Heaven is also a bit like that. You can’t get in unless you know Jesus personally and are part of his family. And the only way to be part of God’s family is to accept his invitation by accepting his Son Jesus into your life and be born again. Being born again simply means getting a new start in life when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and are adopted into God’s family. God then recognises us and our names are written in his book for ever, and we are on his invitation list.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
8a1b3f7e9b4eac57930faf68b39cfffe.jpg

To come to Jesus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most people have received invitations through their letter boxes at some time or another. Usually they are welcome and a cause of pleasure and even excitement as you plan for and look forward to the big event.

Eventually the big day arrive and dressed to the nines, with invitations in handbags or jacket pockets and carrying gift-wrapped presents you arrive at the party venue with great hopes and expectations of having a great time and enjoying lots of delicious food and drink, music, great company and even a bit of a dance.

You arrive on the doorstep, knock at the door and are welcomed with open arms and hugs and kisses. If you know the people who invited you they would probably let you in even if you had come without your invitation card and in some cases even if you hadn’t been invited to the party at all.

But would the Beckham’s let you in without an invitation if you weren’t in their family or on their guest list? I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t. Security would be called and you wouldn’t even get into the grounds. The same would be true at one of the Queen’s parties. No invite – no entry. . . !! You may know a lot about the Beckhams or the Queen but if you don’t know them in person or are part of the her family you won’t get in.

Heaven is also a bit like that. You can’t get in unless you know Jesus personally and are part of his family. And the only way to be part of God’s family is to accept his invitation by accepting his Son Jesus into your life and be born again. Being born again simply means getting a new start in life when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and are adopted into God’s family. God then recognises us and our names are written in his book for ever, and we are on his invitation list.

Beautifully written Pat,

…10 "So the servants went out into the streets and gathered everyone they could find, both evil and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests. 11But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ But the man was speechless.…"

We can fool ourselves, but we can never fool God...there is only one way to the Father :)
xx

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no such scripture that say; accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior.

or

trust in the blood of Jesus

Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 faith and baptism

Rom 13:11 make justification by “faith alone” impossible

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christian faith to some is nothing but an emotional experience!
God moves us through emotions after all, He has given them to us. Most just do not have them under control, they do not know how to keep them under control. I've been there. God GAVE us emotions, if understood properly, they are a good thing.
I hope you are not saying that Pearl's OP is all emotion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such scripture that say; accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior.

or

This is not a debating thread. I suggest you take your arguments elsewhere!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God moves us through emotions after all, He has given them to us. Most just do not have them under control, they do not know how to keep them under control. I've been there. God GAVE us emotions, if understood properly, they are a good thing.
I hope you are not saying that Pearl's OP is all emotion.

lower carnal passions, unruly cos of fallen human nature

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Beautifully written Pat,

…10 "So the servants went out into the streets and gathered everyone they could find, both evil and good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests. 11But when the king came in to see the guests, he spotted a man who was not dressed in wedding clothes. 12‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ But the man was speechless.…"

We can fool ourselves, but we can never fool God...there is only one way to the Father :)
xx
Amen. Thanks for the scripture.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Thank you kindly for presenting this thread as you have. God has indeed invited us!
I wrote it years ago for an outreach leaflet and thought there might be others who could benefit from accepting God's gracious invitation.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

or

Hi @theefaith , I'm glad you found this thread as you were the one who inspired it. @theefaith God invites you personally - so RSVP and accept his gracious invitation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

or

The bible says you can't come to the Father except through Jesus.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

It says nothing of coming to the Father through baptism - infant or otherwise.