YOU ARE INVITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Christian faith to some is nothing but an emotional experience!
Yes emotions like joy, but surely when you meet the love of your life - which in this case is Jesus - you are meant to have feelings of great joy during that ongoing relationship. Friend @theefaith this is what we all experience - the pure joy of having Jesus in our lives because we have opened the door to him and he has come in and lives with us at all times. This is so much more than mere religion. Ask him in and know the difference.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @theefaith , I'm glad you found this thread as you were the one who inspired it. @theefaith God invites you personally - so RSVP and accept his gracious invitation.

personally? Our salvation is in a covenant with all who accept The faith and baptism revealed by Christ
Common salvation not personal Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says you can't come to the Father except through Jesus.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

It says nothing of coming to the Father through baptism - infant or otherwise.

The book of revelation is given unto born again baptized Christians (his servants)

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
personally? Our salvation is in a covenant with all who accept The faith and baptism revealed by Christ
Common salvation not personal Jude 1:3
Of course it because we all must come to a point in our lives where we recognise our sin and our need of forgiveness. We need to repent and what is more personal than coming to the Son of God with open hearts and asking him into our lives. And though Salvation is common to all born again believers - we all have our unique experiences of turning to Jesus and being reborn without condemnation. This is why we don't need to confess our wrong doings to a priest every week - we know we are cleansed in the blood of Jesus and when we do wrong we seek God's forgiveness directly because he has mad us part of a holy priesthood and given us the ability to approach him directly without needing a third party to intercede for us. Jesus has already paid the price for all our sin - past, present and future. I so wish you could for a few minutes just meditate on that

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes emotions like joy, but surely when you meet the love of your life - which in this case is Jesus - you are meant to have feelings of great joy during that ongoing relationship. Friend @theefaith this is what we all experience - the pure joy of having Jesus in our lives because we have opened the door to him and he has come in and lives with us at all times. This is so much more than mere religion. Ask him in and know the difference.

there can be no relationship true union without the strict requirements of covenant in holy religion

Christ Himself says so
Read Matt 28:19-20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lower carnal passions, unruly cos of fallen human nature

God moves is thru truth! Jn 1:16-17 Jn 14:6

Faith:

Faith is an intellectual assent to a truth revealed by Christ and proposed by His holy church for our belief!

“Faith is the virtue by which we firmly believe all the truths God has revealed, on the word of God revealing them, who can neither deceive nor be deceived (John 20:29)”

Act of Faith
O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Thy Divine Son became man and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived. Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it because we all must come to a point in our lives where we recognise our sin and our need of forgiveness. We need to repent and what is more personal than coming to the Son of God with open hearts and asking him into our lives. And though Salvation is common to all born again believers - we all have our unique experiences of turning to Jesus and being reborn without condemnation. This is why we don't need to confess our wrong doings to a priest every week - we know we are cleansed in the blood of Jesus and when we do wrong we seek God's forgiveness directly because he has mad us part of a holy priesthood and given us the ability to approach him directly without needing a third party to intercede for us. Jesus has already paid the price for all our sin - past, present and future. I so wish you could for a few minutes just meditate on that

You mean when you repent can go to confession to an ordained priest?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@theefaith What is being offered by Jesus is vastly superior to what your church has taught you over the years. And for me to share these thoughts with you is like a person bringing food and water to a friend in need.
I have something of value and immeasurable worth that I am sharing with you - the pearl of great price - will you reject it or accept it?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
there can be no relationship true union without the strict requirements of covenant in holy religion

Christ Himself says so
Read Matt 28:19-20
Oh my dear friend you are so bound. I pray that you be loosed. I pray that the good seed will take root in you and grow to bring you joy and the peace that transcends understanding.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith What is being offered by Jesus is vastly superior to what your church has taught you over the years. And for me to share these thoughts with you is like a person bringing food and water to a friend in need.
I have something of value and immeasurable worth that I am sharing with you - the pearl of great price - will you reject it or accept it?

Jesus and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Jn 20:23 forgive sins

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my dear friend you are so bound. I pray that you be loosed. I pray that the good seed will take root in you and grow to bring you joy and the peace that transcends understanding.

the truth shall set you free!

not emoting!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Jn 20:23 forgive sins
What has that got to do with what I said. I feel that you are so immersed in religion that you can't even respond with your heart but just toe the party line. And I do not mean to be disrespectful.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live

f4aaa3fabeb566124913b5c5b10a2c80.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the truth shall set you free!
Absolutely true. But which 'truth'? Jesus himself is the truth the life giver and the only way to the Father.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-33