YOU ARE INVITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1*C_25cK_WZPqTrJSFoYks9Q.jpeg

Let Jesus break the chains put on you by religion.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think most of who have responded to this thread will have a memory of when and how they became Christians by accepting God's invitation. We have two birthdays - mine are 35 years apart - and remember our re-birth as the time when we received new life through Jesus.

For those who don't have second birthday then I would urge you to accept God invitation and enjoy him and the new life he gives.

OIP.KJnxCz1P6gmNJUJjEJ8MPQHaEZ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just felt so strongly about this.
I hear you sister. You started a good thing here.

I was simply trying to head off the tangent that makes it like dozens of others, for men, tangled generally unreadable threads, on this forum.

Some people will honor your initial purpose, but others unfortunately will not! Moderators may sympathize, but...

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
il_fullxfull.780015349_nv75.jpg

And my Beloved is Jesus who reached out his hand and asked me to dance.

Ponder with deep thought....
God the Father, Jesus the Son, Christ the Power....and the authority “The Lord God Almighty has given us to say”........MY God, MY Lord, MY Savior......

That granted authority unto a man, to me is an Astounding WOW!

Glory to God,
Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ponder with deep thought....
God the Father, Jesus the Son, Christ the Power....and the authority “The Lord God Almighty has given us to say”........MY God, MY Lord, MY Savior......

That granted authority unto a man, to me is an Astounding WOW!

Glory to God,
Taken
Oh yes a big amazing astounded WOW from me too !!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has that got to do with what I said. I feel that you are so immersed in religion that you can't even respond with your heart but just toe the party line. And I do not mean to be disrespectful.

I have my prayer time, no worries

Apologetics is not emoting but the truths revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church for the salvation of all men!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely true. But which 'truth'? Jesus himself is the truth the life giver and the only way to the Father.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-33

christ and his church are one! Acts 9;4 eph 5:32

the church is an extension of Christ to the whole world and all ages

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And everybody here can post those verses about their own church.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think most of who have responded to this thread will have a memory of when and how they became Christians by accepting God's invitation. We have two birthdays - mine are 35 years apart - and remember our re-birth as the time when we received new life through Jesus.

For those who don't have second birthday then I would urge you to accept God invitation and enjoy him and the new life he gives.

OIP.KJnxCz1P6gmNJUJjEJ8MPQHaEZ
@Pearl A quotation there from 'Hark, the Herald Angels Sing'.... :)

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure hate to see a beautiful thread go off the rails...
Even so, but @theefaith has an agenda he deems more important than simple politeness. There are sub forums intend for debates. In spite of her open invitation, I do not believe, @Pearl wanted him or anyone else to ruin a good thing. That is all he has done here as most people do not even read his lengthy declarations.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
christ and his church are one! Acts 9;4 eph 5:32

the church is an extension of Christ to the whole world and all ages

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31
i agree with your post but you and I and most other Christians see the meaning of Church differently from the Catholic point of view.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago my friend and I got talking about God. She said she thought if he was real then he was very stern and judgmental. I told her how I had come to know Jesus who showed us the real nature of God but she still didn't get it. A few weeks later she told me her son had been in hospital not expected to last the night and she spoke to a God who didn't really believe in and said 'If what Pat told me is true then come into my life and reveal yourself to me.' He did and her son got well again.

Now a lot of people are so bound by their religious beliefs that they can't see the real Jesus or the real God. I would say to them that they should pray and ask God to show them if what I have been saying is true or not. The Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to them. And then they have that choice to accept it or carry on as they were.

It is not our job to 'convert' people, the Holy Spirit will do that if we point them in the right direction and sow good seed.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
try posting Matt 16:17-19

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

We all know these verses but don't see them the way those who initiated the Catholic church saw them and passed down their beliefs.

And even if they were right the fact is that the only way to really know God is through his Son Jesus by the revelation of his Holy Spirit. Which is why, whatever you believe is truth, i suggest you should ask God to show you with an open mind.

I would love to hear your testimony of how you asked Jesus into your life and what difference it made to you.

Last edited: