You Are The Generation That Will Not Die!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Adstar, what does the parable of the dry bones in Ezekiel mean to you?

This is in line with the prophecy on the Revelation 20 of the first resurrection.

In Ezekiel it says:

Ezekiel 37
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. 14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’”

There was no mass resurrection in 1948, God did not come down and carry the resurrected house of Israel to the land of Israel. The current state of Israel is a product of a bill passed by the british parliament.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Sorry C I did not say that Q right.... why are we the ones to see the end of the church age? Rev 4..After this I looked and behold , a Door was opened in heaven... Come up hither.... and the Church is gone... the bride.

Who was told to come up hither?????Hint,it was not the Church......

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I personally have never trusted in the modern state of Israel as a solid foundation to any second coming timing.

I am very wary of end times deception.

It could be that the Modern state of Israel is a part of this deception.

very good point Adstar.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I personally have never trusted in the modern state of Israel as a solid foundation to any second coming timing.

I am very wary of end times deception.

It could be that the Modern state of Israel is a part of this deception.

-- You provide nothing to support this wariness. Care to elaborate?

Israel's rebirth was prophesied and I have seen nothing warning of a 'false modern states of Israel.'

This Israel has been miraculously delivered from attacks that it should have been devastated in and is today a strong nation.

Just the fact that almost every single one of its neighbors has at one time or another tried to wipe it from the face of the earth and has themselves paid the price for those efforts implies divine intervention on Israel's behalf.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Before the invasion of Magog, they are referred to as MY PEOPLE once again by God. And I believe in that reference alone, not only is the CHURCH not around, but it emphasizes just what an important marker Israel being a nation again truly is.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Before the invasion of Magog, they are referred to as MY PEOPLE once again by God. And I believe in that reference alone, not alone is the CHURCH not around, but it emphasizes just what an important marker Israel being a nation again truly is.

Most of the church is Israel. Not replacement doctrine, but lineage. They are not gone, they are not lost, you just need to read history.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Most of the church is Israel. Not replacement doctrine, but lineage. They are not gone, they are not lost, you just need to read history.

I do understand the history of Israel. Abraham himself was a Gentile before being called to be the father of the Jews. And in the passage in Ezekiel where the Lord refers to the Jews as "MY PEOPLE" its very clear that he's referring to the Jews in Israel, not just people in general all over the earth.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I do understand the history of Israel. Abraham himself was a Gentile before being called to be the father of the Jews. And in the passage in Ezekiel where the Lord refers to the Jews as "MY PEOPLE" its very clear that he's referring to the Jews in Israel, not just people in general all over the earth.

"My People" are the whole house of Israel, not just the “Jews,” = Judah and the residents of Judea.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
"My People" are the whole house of Israel, not just the “Jews,” = Judah and the residents of Judea.

Jerry...you dissect things a bit way too much bud. My SIMPLER point was that Ezekiel was speaking directly towards Israel with the "My people" reference. I understand the diversity that exists within the population of Israel. I'm aware of the Edomites and other Arabs living inside Israel, as well as Americans, Europeans, etc.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Jerry...you dissect things a bit way too much bud. My SIMPLER point was that Ezekiel was speaking directly towards Israel with the "My people" reference. I understand the diversity that exists within the population of Israel. I'm aware of the Edomites and other Arabs living inside Israel, as well as Americans, Europeans, etc.

Then don't call them Jews if you are talking about Israel. Words have meaning.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
-- You provide nothing to support this wariness. Care to elaborate?

Israel's rebirth was prophesied and I have seen nothing warning of a 'false modern states of Israel.'

This Israel has been miraculously delivered from attacks that it should have been devastated in and is today a strong nation.

Just the fact that almost every single one of its neighbours has at one time or another tried to wipe it from the face of the earth and has themselves paid the price for those efforts implies divine intervention on Israel's behalf.

If you read the book of revelation you will come to the following description of the Spiritual state of Jerusalem at the time just before the Messiah's return. Two final prophets will be sent by God and they will be killed in Jerusalem:

Revelation 11
7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Our Lord Jesus was Crucified in Jerusalem. And these final two prophets will be killed in the same city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt.

With this in mind i will now give you a link to a good exposé on the Building in modern Israel that is the highest authority in the nation. The Israeli High Court. Have a good read about this abomination built in Jerusalem today and ask yourself is this building an expression of spiritual Sodom and Egypt:

The High Court of Israel. tour

After reading this some may make the mistake of marking me as an anti Semite. But that would be a misguided response. What i will say is the ones who the world thinks are Jews and whom many Jews look upon as their leaders and saviours are in fact not true Jews but they are the greatest enemies of the Jews.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Before the invasion of Magog, they are referred to as MY PEOPLE once again by God. And I believe in that reference alone, not alone is the CHURCH not around, but it emphasizes just what an important marker Israel being a nation again truly is.

It is a common believe that the reference to gog-magog in the OT is a reference to our times, now. It has been pegged by some to happen before the return of the Messiah Jesus. But what if this foundation belief is wrong?

The Battle involving Gog-Magog is referenced twice in the Bible. Once in the OT in Ezekiel and once in the NT in the Book of Revelation.

In the Book of Revelation it tells of the final battle that will happen 1000 years after the return of the Messiah Jesus. Just before the final judgement.

Revelation 20
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are.

It will be of great benefit for all to take the time to read the entire Chapter of Revelation 20 to see the wonderful chronological order of events it reveals. You will note if you read the latter part of Revelation 19 that this describes the return of the Messiah Jesus. So Jesus has already return before the start of Revelation 20.

So now we go to the scriptures in the OT. Now we look at what was revealed to Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 38
1 Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you.

Stop there. Now it mentions the troops from Persia Ethiopia and Libya. Why does the prophecy not mention the Egyptians? Where are they Syrians? or Sinar/Iraq? Where are all these peoples? Are the Libyans going to march through Egypt to attack Israel while the whole Egyptian nation sits quietly as the tanks roll by? Are the Iraqi's going to be doing the same when the Persians head west to Israel? And likewise is Syria and Lebanon going to take no part with the armies of the north? What has happened to these nations like Egypt and Syria? Could it be at the time of this war that these nations no longer exist? That they where destroyed 1000 years before and their lands where incorporated into the Messianic Kingdom?

God promised to the descendants of Abraham a promised land that was far bigger than the one that He established for them in the time of Moses. lets read about it.

Genesis 15
17 And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. 18 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates

So God has promised the descendants of Abraham will have a Land that streches from the Nile to the Euphrates. Now Persia borders the land of the Euphrates to the east and Libya borders the land of the Nile to the west and Ethiopia borders the land of the Nile to the south. So at the time of Ezekiel the nations of Libya Ethiopia and Persia will border the greater Messianic Kingdom of the Messiah Jesus.

So the reason that the nations like Egypt and Syria are not mentioned in Ezekiel 38 is because they will have long been destroyed 1000 years before the battle detailed in Ezekiel 38.

Now let us continue to read Ezekiel 38:

7 “Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them. 8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.

Now stop."visited". Who is going to visit them in the latter years? lets read Revelation 20 again:

Revelation 20
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them

Also note how Ezekiel describes the condition of safety of the people dwelling in Israel: "now all of them dwell safely." Does that describe the state of affairs of Israel today?? No not in the slightest. But to make the distinction more clear read on for the next 2 verses that more clearly describe the idyllic situation that will prevail in Israel at this time:

Ezekiel38
9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”
10 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: 11 You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’

With no walls? no bars nor gates? Look at Israel today look at the walls, the barbed wire, the compounds, the bars, the perilous state of security. Do the people of Israel dwell in peace and safety? Or in a state of siege and under threat of terror?

What kind of society needs no walls no bars or even gates? Israel today or Israel during the Reign of The Messiah Jesus? Come to think of it does any society today live in peace and safety with no need for security walls or bars or gates?

Ezekiel 38
12 to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land. 13 Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’”’

During the 1000 year rule of the Messiah Jesus, we are told that many of the nations will give up their precious things and make great offering of the wealth of the nations to the Messianic kingdom. Will it be all this wealth that they will be seeking to plunder, great plunder?

I believe most people have got the timing of this Ezekiel 38 battle wrong. It is not soon at all but ot fore tells of the final satanic rebellion that will happen at the 1000 year of the reign of the Messiah Jesus.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
^ I have to respectfully disagree with you since the Magog invasion spoken of after the "dry bones" vision clearly refers to a war in the latter days and its understand that Magog will again take its place in a battle in the future 1000 year reign of Christ. The line of demarcation is rather clear that there are two distinct wars that Magog is involved in. Its also evident that Gog is a demonic leading spirit, given that he returns a 2nd time around for the Magog war during the 1000 year reign of Christ. Bill Salus, Chuck Missler and Walid Shoebat have provided outstanding scholarship not only on the Magog invasion but also the war of Psalm 83. I think anyone who gets familiar with their work will see the how incredibly solid their arguments are for not only these coming wars but their timing.

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
^ I have to respectfully disagree with you since the Magog invasion spoken of after the "dry bones" vision clearly refers to a war in the latter days

Yes it is the First resurrection Spoken of in the beginning of Revelation 20. The very fact that it happens Before (in Ezekiel 37) the God-magog was is mentioned in Ezekiel 38 If the bones where a result of the gog magog war then the Gog-magog war would have been placed before it in Ezekiel 36.

This is the first resurrection clearly described upon the second coming of the Messiah Jesus:

Ezekiel 37
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

So God raises them and takes them to Israel

The gog-magog war in Ezekiel 38 states:

Ezekiel 38
8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. 9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

The return of the Messiah at the battle of Armageddon brings about the first resurrection/rapture of the saints (true Israel) and Jesus brings them to Israel. Then "After many days" (1000 years) satan is released from the pit and will go out to visit the people of gog-magog to tempt them into rebellion against the Kingdom of the Messiah.

and its understand that Magog will again take its place in a battle in the future 1000 year reign of Christ. The line of demarcation is rather clear that there are two distinct wars that Magog is involved in. It’s also evident that Gog is a demonic leading spirit, given that he returns a 2nd time around for the Magog war during the 1000 year reign of Christ. Bill Salus, Chuck Missler and Walid Shoebat have provided outstanding scholarship not only on the Magog invasion but also the war of Psalm 83. I think anyone who gets familiar with their work will see the how incredibly solid their arguments are for not only these coming wars but their timing.

Yes i fully understand that those who get books published and have the support of the mass media and are probably syndicated have a different teaching to give. Could it be that the ones who the powers of this world give most media space to air their views are the ones giving the views the powers of this world want believed?

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Yes it is the First resurrection Spoken of in the beginning of Revelation 20. The very fact that it happens Before (in Ezekiel 37) the God-magog was is mentioned in Ezekiel 38 If the bones where a result of the gog magog war then the Gog-magog war would have been placed before it in Ezekiel 36.

This is the first resurrection clearly described upon the second coming of the Messiah Jesus:

Ezekiel 37
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.

So God raises them and takes them to Israel

The gog-magog war in Ezekiel 38 states:

Ezekiel 38
8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. 9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

The return of the Messiah at the battle of Armageddon brings about the first resurrection/rapture of the saints (true Israel) and Jesus brings them to Israel. Then "After many days" (1000 years) satan is released from the pit and will go out to visit the people of gog-magog to tempt them into rebellion against the Kingdom of the Messiah.

Yes i fully understand that those who get books published and have the support of the mass media and are probably syndicated have a different teaching to give. Could it be that the ones who the powers of this world give most media space to air their views are the ones giving the views the powers of this world want believed?

Ummm...I read books when it comes to Bible prophecy, in order to see how the argument is laid out. Then like the Bereans, I search scripture. The three authors I cited have far more scholarship under their belt on the Magog topic than you apparently do. They've more than made a compelling argument for the two upcoming Middle East wars and for many technical reasons which you probably can't comprehend, the argument stands firmly. Btw, none of Missler or Salus' or Shoebat's works are supported by the mass media. I don't even know what you call the mass media within the Christian world since most of the works by these authors can only be obtained directly from them. Here's a news flash. A lot of people who get books published with their own thoughts and ideas, just might know what they are talking about. And that's the beauty of a Christian needing to spend the time to research the topic on their own. That's what I've done and I'm sold on the views they've presented. I trust Chuck Missler more than anyone in the Christian community. He's a guy that's worked in the military and industrial complex and he's a brilliant and sophisticated guy. He appeals to my intellectual senses for many reasons. He's also one of the very first Christian scholars to tackle the Nephilim and UFO connection topic. And I can't even tell you how many works are circulating out there now, that are almost sheer copies of his work. The man knows what he's talking about.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Ummm...I read books when it comes to Bible prophecy, in order to see how the argument is laid out. Then like the Bereans, I search scripture. The three authors I cited have far more scholarship under their belt on the Magog topic than you apparently do. They've more than made a compelling argument for the two upcoming Middle East wars and for many technical reasons which you probably can't comprehend, the argument stands firmly. Btw, none of Missler or Salus' or Shoebat's works are supported by the mass media. I don't even know what you call the mass media within the Christian world since most of the works by these authors can only be obtained directly from them. Here's a news flash. A lot of people who get books published with their own thoughts and ideas, just might know what they are talking about. And that's the beauty of a Christian needing to spend the time to research the topic on their own. That's what I've done and I'm sold on the views they've presented. I trust Chuck Missler more than anyone in the Christian community. He's a guy that's worked in the military and industrial complex and he's a brilliant and sophisticated guy. He appeals to my intellectual senses for many reasons. He's also one of the very first Christian scholars to tackle the Nephilim and UFO connection topic. And I can't even tell you how many works are circulating out there now, that are almost sheer copies of his work. The man knows what he's talking about.

So be it.

In the end the truth shall be known.