"You Can Run, But You Can't Hide"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
27 minute video is a bit much to watch on a forum. I didn't watch it.

I had another problem, I believe the Bible tells us women are not to teach men. It is not comfortable for me to watch a woman who appears to be teaching men.

As I said, I didn't watch the video so if I am incorrect, I apologize.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
That is your opinion. Ive heard that agruement before. I enjoy the word and not the person by which it is coming from. But I can attest to the fact that the woman who is preaching is Saved and is a very humble woman. She did not run for the office of pastor but when our former pastor retired the churh was torn between two other candidates and they appointed Elder Mary Jackson as pastor and the congregation confirmed her. We have grown greatly spiritually and also in numbers within the church. She is subject though to the male leadership over her such as the Distirct Elder, Board of Elders and the District Bishop.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
27 minute video is a bit much to watch on a forum. I didn't watch it.

I had another problem, I believe the Bible tells us women are not to teach men. It is not comfortable for me to watch a woman who appears to be teaching men.

As I said, I didn't watch the video so if I am incorrect, I apologize.

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14953-was-paul-stating-a-church-doctrine-when-he-said-that-he-did-not-permit-a-woman-to-teach-in-the-church/page__hl__%2Bwomen+%2Bspeak__fromsearch__1

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
That is your opinion. Ive heard that agruement before.

-- That isn't his "opinion." That is the Gospel.
Obey it or not.
Adhere to it or not.
Believe it or not.
But that is what it says:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet." - 1 Tim. 2:12

The question you must decide for yourself is whether Paul was sharing God's message, or just his own opinion.
The danger is when you decide you feel you are qualified to tell in Paul's letters what is Christ inspired and what is his own opinion.

For me, I have had a number of women speak who have blessed me greatly.

But what the Word says....well....is what the Word says.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
Not really complicated, you either believe the Bible or not...

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Not really complicated, you either believe the Bible or not...

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

When was the last time you attended a good stoning?

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: 21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: Deut 22:20-21

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
When was the last time you attended a good stoning?

But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: 21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: Deut 22:20-21

Different d*sp*ns*t**ns, my friend!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Different d*sp*ns*t**ns, my friend!

Got it. "Either you believe the Bible or not..." Only applies when you use it to support YOUR point.
smilie_girl_120.gif

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Well im saved and believe the Bible is the Word of God and infallible and that is all that counts for me. Im not the woman but Im commanded by God to submit to godly leadership.
Regardless of the gender of the woman, I posted the video for people to hear the word it is a powerful word!

JudahSon

Aug 27, 2010
'WAYWARD PEOPLE'

Let the churches hear;...

"How wayward are my people.
For I have said; 'I do not permit a woman to teach, or have authority over a man'.

If I had said; 'I do not permit dogs to fly',...
I swear that My people would be throwing dogs off of cliffs just to prove Me wrong!

My people, many of them, are out of order.
I am angry over this.
You will know My order in the coming days.
I will make examples of you.

Do not usurp 'My Order' of things that I have declared.
Judgment is coming upon such.

I will wait no longer,​
says the Lord."​

~​

Judgment is coming upon the house of God first, and then upon the nations.

Many of God's so-called people are walking in disobedience to His Word and His Spirit, but because they see no consequences, they believe that they are just fine... In fact they believe that they are being 'blessed'.
That's exactly how deception works; people being led to believe that everything is fine when it isn't.

'Strong delusion' 'deceiving spirits' and 'doctrines of demons' working among an apostate church is what is prophesied in the last days,... and we are there now.​

So go ahead people... Go ahead and say, 'Has God really said such and such?'.
Go ahead and do those things that seem right to you in your own eyes,...
for such is the mind-set of the Last-Days, Apostate Church.

Go ahead and do what God's Word and His Spirit has told you not to do.
And when judgment falls upon your own head, cry out for mercy and see what you will be given.

But do not expect mercy,... for you are sowing into disobedience, and you will certainly reap the fruit of such.​

Yes, go ahead and mock God's word by doing those things that He has told you not to do.​

God is not mocked.​

Judgment comes.​

Well im saved and believe the Bible is the Word of God and infallible and that is all that counts for me. Im not the woman but Im commanded by God to submit to godly leadership.
Regardless of the gender of the woman, I posted the video for people to hear the word it is a powerful word!

And by-the-way,... 'godly leadership' does NOT lead God's people into disobedience of His Word.

You are under deception,UHCAlan, and blatantly so, because the 'INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD' as you put it, tells you what is to be observed in God's Creation Order Precepts;... that women are to be silent in the Church, and are in no way permitted to teach or take authority over a man. The woman in that video is out of order, the fellowship there is out of order, the leadership there is out of order, and you are out of order,... at least according to the 'INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD' that you claim to walk by.
And oh ya, I love that line, "Well I'm saved'. as though being 'saved' makes everything okay in whatever a person wants to do or believe,..... IT DOESN'T,.... and many will find out so on that Day when they will hear the Lord say to them, "Depart from Me you workers of iniquity,... I never knew you!"

You're being warned, but somehow I don't think your pride is going to let you surrender to the truth of God's Word, because your ears and emotions have been tickled, and you like it right where you're at.

So be it.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
'WAYWARD PEOPLE'

Let the churches hear;...

"How wayward are my people.
For I have said; 'I do not permit a woman to teach, or have authority over a man'.

If I had said; 'I do not permit dogs to fly',...
I swear that My people would be throwing dogs off of cliffs just to prove Me wrong!

My people, many of them, are out of order.
I am angry over this.
You will know My order in the coming days.
I will make examples of you.

Do not usurp 'My Order' of things that I have declared.
Judgment is coming upon such.

I will wait no longer,​
says the Lord."​

~​

Judgment is coming upon the house of God first, and then upon the nations.

Many of God's so-called people are walking in disobedience to His Word and His Spirit, but because they see no consequences, they believe that they are just fine... In fact they believe that they are being 'blessed'.
That's exactly how deception works; people being led to believe that everything is fine when it isn't.

'Strong delusion' 'deceiving spirits' and 'doctrines of demons' working among an apostate church is what is prophesied in the last days,... and we are there now.​

So go ahead people... Go ahead and say, 'Has God really said such and such?'.
Go ahead and do those things that seem right to you in your own eyes,...
for such is the mind-set of the Last-Days, Apostate Church.

Go ahead and do what God's Word and His Spirit has told you not to do.
And when judgment falls upon your own head, cry out for mercy and see what you will be given.

But do not expect mercy,... for you are sowing into disobedience, and you will certainly reap the fruit of such.​

Yes, go ahead and mock God's word by doing those things that He has told you not to do.​

God is not mocked.​

Judgment comes.​

And by-the-way,... 'godly leadership' does NOT lead God's people into disobedience of His Word.

You are under deception,UHCAlan, and blatantly so, because the 'INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD' as you put it, tells you what is to be observed in God's Creation Order Precepts;... that women are to be silent in the Church, and are in no way permitted to teach or take authority over a man. The woman in that video is out of order, the fellowship there is out of order, the leadership there is out of order, and you are out of order,... at least according to the 'INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD' that you claim to walk by.
And oh ya, I love that line, "Well I'm saved'. as though being 'saved' makes everything okay in whatever a person wants to do or believe,..... IT DOESN'T,.... and many will find out so on that Day when they will hear the Lord say to them, "Depart from Me you workers of iniquity,... I never knew you!"

You're being warned, but somehow I don't think your pride is going to let you surrender to the truth of God's Word, because your ears and emotions have been tickled, and you like it right where you're at.

So be it.
Thank you for the godly rebuke sir.

JudahSon

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you for the godly rebuke sir.

(MATTHEW 10: 34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.")

Count the cost UHCLan, count the cost. For if you truly receive the correction, then you have a choice to make now, and it may cost you everything;... family, home and fellowship. It may call you into the loneliness of the 'Wilderness of Loss' where the Lord's end-time remnant must come through to be readied for the works of the Last Days ministry.

Will you lay down your life? Will you follow Yeshua no matter the cost?
There is not much time left now, and many are about to find out that they indeed missed it.

Judgment is coming upon the earth... How will you be counted?

'THE DOOR IS CLOSING'

Says the Lord,...​

"Apostasy runs deep in ways that My people are not willing to learn of.​
Darkness is their comfort, and the light of My truth they shun.​
I will not allow anyone to disgrace the Blood of My Sacrifice, with the garments of self-will."​

"Prepare children, for the door is closing... Night is coming in which no man can work.​
The Death Angel will pass over all that are called Mine, and all will be called into accountability.​

Mercy upon mercy,... refuse upon refuse.​
Lines drawn,... choices made.​

One I will heal,... another I will kill.​
Which one are you?"​

"I have called out to My people, and few have listened.​
Few will find Me in the Day of Terror.​
Few will know My protection, for many who think that they know Me,... know Me not."​

"I have searched out the hearts of all those who say that they know Me,​
and have found few that have died unto Me.​

Soon you shall know.....​

The door is closing."​