you guys are nuts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Logical_One

Dec 5, 2007
After spending a few days here and listening to the way you talk and hte sorts of arguments you use to support your beliefs, I have come to the following conclusion:You people are totally insane and likely have some very serious psychological problems.I would advise you to seek a mental health professional, and tell him about this stuff.I would also recommend that you do this experiment.Go to a therapist. Tell them all about what you believe, but DON'T mention anything about it being religion, or god.Tell them that you think a magical man in the sky made the whole world like it is. Tell them that you think that this magical man in the sky is watching everything that we do, and that he is judging us based on his own standards. Tell them that nobody has ever seen him except a friend of a friend of a friend of a guy who wrote this book a few thousand years ago, and that you've based your entire life around doing what this magical man in the sky thinks you should do.Then see how long it takes for you to end up in a padded room.Goodbye, and I seriously hope that you guys learn to look at the facts.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
wow you hit it right on the spot.
smile.gif
And you know what were having the best time of our lives.are you???want to join us.God bless youRyan Fitz

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiimAnd i don't know either, there is someone who using logic but not using his mind clear
tongue.gif
.The same thing with, have you seeing your great great grand father of yours by using your own eyes ?Ehm... i think that more to far, how about your self with your parents. How do you know that your mother was your real mother ? You even not seeing her at the beginning of your birth right ? So, are you still think that was your mother, meanwhile you are not seeing it at the beginning of your birth ? Then how come you know or can tell that was your real mother ?Use your logic and clear mind, i guess you will understand what you are questioning
biggrin.gif
.Wallaahu a'lam.

Logical_One

Dec 5, 2007
crooner, and letsgofishing, you two just plain old didnt make senseRicky, theres a different between "this person is my mom" and "there is an all powerful, invisible man in the sky watching and controlling everything"for one, theres evidence to show that my mom is my mom.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Its ok to not believe what we believe. We love you as a brother and would not judge you for your belief. Its that I like having a personal relationship with God. I cant imagine living in this crazy world with out it and His protection and peace. I know the difference.We do seem a little nuts as far as the world is concern, but we just dont care. whats the point in caring. I do care enough about you to just leave you alone and say I love you as a bro anyway.crooner

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I'll say one thing for you logical one its the first time Ive seen our Muslim brother and christian brothers on the same side of an argument:) praise be to the Lord.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Logical_One;25595)
After spending a few days here and listening to the way you talk and hte sorts of arguments you use to support your beliefs, I have come to the following conclusion:You people are totally insane and likely have some very serious psychological problems.I would advise you to seek a mental health professional, and tell him about this stuff.I would also recommend that you do this experiment.Go to a therapist. Tell them all about what you believe, but DON'T mention anything about it being religion, or god.Tell them that you think a magical man in the sky made the whole world like it is. Tell them that you think that this magical man in the sky is watching everything that we do, and that he is judging us based on his own standards. Tell them that nobody has ever seen him except a friend of a friend of a friend of a guy who wrote this book a few thousand years ago, and that you've based your entire life around doing what this magical man in the sky thinks you should do.Then see how long it takes for you to end up in a padded room.Goodbye, and I seriously hope that you guys learn to look at the facts.
Almost makes me want to apologize on behalf of others.
rolleyes.gif
Though, I would put to you that you are oversimplifying just about everything here to such an extent as to make it simply comedic.In any case, I think you should perhaps open your mind a little, and do try to be sensitive to those others with twisted paradigms. It's really not their fault.In any case, that's just my 2 cents. good luck trying to convince anyone here of the power of logic and reason. Not that anyone here is bad. I don't consider this to be a bad place at all. However, reason and logic is not going to be fostered very well here. If you want to talk to intelligent Christians please visit TheologyWeb.com ,In any case, that's just a suggestion. ~Tyrel

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
TyrelWe love you too! Some choose to love and some choose to be inteligent and thats good too. But dont be embarrased.Crooner

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Logical_One,Who said this?
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies. "
Anyway, I would think this whole forum would cease to exist if it wasn't for the risen Saviour.1 Corinthians 15: 10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed. 12Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.Extra-biblical sources are...
At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

". . .Nero procured others to be accused, and inflicted exquisite punishment upon those people, who were in abhorrence for their crimes, and were commonly known by the name of Christians. They had their denomination from Christus (Christ, dm.), who in the reign of Tibertius was put to death as a criminal by the procurator Pontius Pilate. . . .At first they were only apprehended who confessed themselves of that sect; afterwards a vast multitude discovered by them, all of which were condemned, not so much for the crime of burning the city, as for their enmity to mankind. . . ." (Tacitus, Annals, 15, 44).
Then there are other resources to declare the death of Jesus as a report of darkness occurred at the time which was mistaken for an eclipse.http://www.geocities.com/metacrock2000/Jes.../HistJesus5.htmSo, miracles of His resurrection can be found in history... by a logical seeker. The logical mocker will just continue to be hypocritical for the sake of argument. He doesn't care to seek the truth because he has already made up his mind about the truth as he continues to rattle off excuses after excuses, but all he is really saying is.. he is not seeking God. The promise from God is that all those that seek Him, shall find.Matthew 7: 7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.John 20: 28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:This would explain the deaths of the martyrs for they knew the Truth. Would you die for Someone if you deserted Him that led Him to be crucified? I mean, think about that. Would you risk having them crucify you or stone you for being a false prophet that He has risen if you never saw Him? All they would have to do is point to where they had "Him" buried or entombed. You would not get far. There would be no point. Nope.Or would you die for Someone because you believe Him to be the Good News to man?http://www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/home.htmlSo yes, it seems to be quite illogical, but if you look for the Truth, then you shall find Him.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(Logical_One)
Ricky, theres a different between "this person is my mom" and "there is an all powerful, invisible man in the sky watching and controlling everything"for one, theres evidence to show that my mom is my mom.
What evidence ? Could you tell me ? I would like to see your logical.Wait the minute, let me think...1st. From DNA Test2nd. From .... well i guess that's it
tongue.gif
.DNA Test, i think this is the most logical think that could be your evidence. But the question is, who was doing the exam of your DNA and your mom, is it you or others ? If your self, that make sense to say, but if others, then it become, you know your mothers from others as well as your said at the first time.Now let we see with the most logic answer that we can get, that is you are the one who doing the exam. But the question is, where the knowledge of DNA is came from, is it from your self or from others ? In this case i belief you are not the one who knew it at the first time uncontrary it must be from others. That mean, if you want to know is it true or not your mother is, was from others saying/knowledge. Which if we using our logic as well, those who invent the knowledge could be wrong and could be true, that means that depend on majority opinion who done the research at the first time which can conclude about knowledge of DNA.If that case, it is the same thing as what you has said at the first time.So if I'm wrong using the logic, would you like to tell me please, how to proof your mother was yours, without any saying others, i would like to know your logic
smile.gif
?But, if you saying that there is human being controlling universe, then i have to agree with you, that none of human being could control the entire universe as well as creating it not at all unless God which is cannot be seeing, which is only we can feel it that He is exist, but not human at all.Sincerely yours,Ricky WWallaahu a'lam.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Hey, it's not my problem you don't believe. I'll try my best to convince you that there is a God. And hopefully He'll convict you and make you realize. Because Christianity is a whole new experience.Ricky, he's saying that there is no God and he's calling him an "Invisible Man".

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Psalm 14:1 - The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.Jag

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
If the joy, peace, happiness, contentment, and lack of fear of what the future holds (because God holds the future) is insanity, then I hope I never become sane.:bible:

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
MAN PEOPLE I AM SO HAPPYI'm on the honor roll, I get into basketball games for free, I'm writing a really good storyand the best of allLOGICAL ONE CALLED ME CRAZY
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
YEAH!!!!!!come on logical one look inside yourself. don't you find yourself empty unfulfilled, and shallow.Don't you want to be cured of the wreck you know you are. The wreck we all were. That Cure is Jesus Christ Give Jesus a shot, challenge him, if he's not real, if he's are imaginary magic man. It can't hurt to pray with hi.At worst off he isn't real and at best off you just fulfilled yourself, gave your life meaning, and gained eternal life.Isn't it worth being crazy for that.For being fully alive instead of dead.for being filled instead of emptyFor being happy instead of miserable.For being saved instead of unsavedI'll be praying for you logical one. For sometimes true happiness is found outside of logic.your brother. and hopefully soon brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Logical_One

Dec 5, 2007
Pariah: that quote is from VoltaireFisherman: you make it sound like I've never tried it before. Until i was about 14, 15 I was a devout catholic. Then I sat and thought about it, realized not a word of it made sense, and formed my own opinions.Ricky: the difference between God and my mom is that evidence for my mom exists, such as similarities between us in attitudes and appearance, birth records, and the scar my mom has from her c-section. The evidence for god is a badly written book by some group of guys who couldn't agree on the basics of what they are saying over a period of 1600 years.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Logical_One,Thanks for the answer. I was wondering.As for catholicism... that is a departure from the simplicity of the Gospel. The catechism is so complex, it should be obvious... that it is preaching another gospel. Forget that.Just remember God's promise. Seek Him, and you shall find. It is only logical that if God wants to be found, then He would provide the Way to stand apart from all the religions of man which catholicism is and has crept into christianity. Jesus warned of false prophets... and catholicism is one of the biggest and earliest visible ones there is. So that Way is Jesus. Know Jesus, then you get to know God.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Paraih, the catholic church is not a false gospel. If they were a false gospel how could they ever teach that the God came into the flesh, died, and ressurected to save us. Wouldn't a false gospel tell you the opposite.But on everything else I agree. The catholic church is a very bland and complex church. It is much more deeper and sometimes confusing.This could lead to false christianity, or not devoting or experiencing christ. Just going through the motions, but never really living your faith. Your just a christian because your parents told you you are one.besides that you aren't, you couldn't care if there was a god, and really like you said the idea is ridiculous.I know I was just like you 2 years ago.Follow Pariahs device. Forget joining the catholic church, a protestant church, or any other church. All you should care about is really getting to know christ, really letting him into your live.and truly living forever."get high off Jesus"Which has nothing to do with drugs.Ok I lied( i'm just going to be a superjag and say that line for everybody, and like never change it up)Your brother in christRyan Fitz

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Letsgofishing,I was addressing catholicism. It is complex, yes? Even the catechism used to explain it? That is why I was referring it as another gospel because of the addition, it makes the Gospel ... no longer simple.Thanks for reaffirming to Logical_One Whom the Gospel is all about.. a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ the Lord. A church can go astray as a believer can, but Jesus is the Gospel and it is through Him, we have a relationship with God.Hopefully, The Father is drawing him back to His Son again to seek answers as to the reasons why he left... and find the truth in Jesus Christ.