'You hath He quickened'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.'

(Ephesians 2:1-3)

'This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord,
that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk,
in the vanity of their mind,
Having the understanding darkened,
being alienated from the life of God
through the ignorance that is in them,
because of the blindness of their heart: ... '

(Ephesians 4:17-18)

@Not me, @Ziggy, @farouk, @Davy,
@Base12, @Hidden In Him, @Taken

Hello there,

Thank you all for your responses to my question. I am grateful that you took up the challenge and applied your mind to these two verses in order to respond, thank you to those who shared personal testimony too. I wanted to respond to each one, but I realise that time will not allow for that at the moment, but please know that I have read each one, and am indeed grateful for all the thoughts you have expressed.

* The Lord has mercifully pulled me up short and made me look at my preoccupations, at those things that are occupying my mind, and are in effect feeding the flesh to the detriment of the spirit within. Empty (or vain) things, the products of other peoples minds, minds which are not intent on making the truth of God, in Christ Jesus, known, but on holding the mind captive and securing the affections. Cleverly written and produced programming by producers and directors which seek to hold the mind of the viewer to come back and back again each week to continue to the next installment of the drama unfolding. The enemy of our souls using any means to keep the mind and heart enthralled, so that their minds do not dwell upon their need of a Saviour, or seek the fulfillment that only God, in Christ, can give.

* These things fulfill the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and while we are feeding them we are strengthening their hold upon the flesh and giving them the ascendancy. Friendship with the world is indeed enmity against God, isn't it? Satan is the god of this world, he seeks worship, and would keep the mind and heart of all men centred on anything but their need of God.

* He would seek to impoverish the believers life in the spirit, by means of these empty activities, so that their growth in grace and truth and in the knowledge of God is diminished, and their witness blighted.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Your heart after God is evident in your post, as is His working and teaching in you... Be blessed as He fulfills His promises in you...

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: charity