You Know You're Getting Old When...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well here is my confession time. :oops:

When I can't sleep, which is almost every other night ( not that I dont drop off I do, but in 20 mins wide awake again. So I do the usual, pray, recite all the scriptures that I have learned by heart..count backward from 500...and it that hasn't done it...I reach for my iPad, read this Site if nothing going on, I check Facebook ...then maybe answer some emails.

By then it is about 1.30am, so the then :oops: play the Big Fish Game ,that all our family play!! (My one daughter is winning she is now on some Caribbean Island.. 8 countries ahead of me )
I have done Sydney, Tokyo , San Fransisco, New York , and I am now half way through Paris. I have 1000 coins, 48 green diamonds, 1,000000 bricks, 500,000 blue hats, and 4,000 but still cannot do the game #113 in Tokyo. I keep going back there to try again and again...
Then, after all that...it is now 4am and I try sleeping again...which I do, but wake up about every 20mins.

That is my "sleepless" schedule every other night!!:rolleyes:

Now you know my secret ...my passion is gardening, but not in the dark, so that doesn't work for me. :D :D
I've washed up in the middle of the night or done quiet housework, but the forums and facebook are company too, or even on occasion the TV.

Reactions: amadeus and Hisman

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,,,, I guess I have one other problem,,,, gran- children................. 8 of course 4 of them
are older teens..........But still there sleep and and getting up are different.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A great mission field to pray for, right? :)

Yes of course ! But my son the Father of these children does go and preach when ever
he can.... There is a new building that some one is renting ?! ? and we go to church there
now, since its the closes one........ and either this week or next week he is going to
preach. I would guess if he were not so busy,,,, he would try and do this more often.
But,,,, 8 children do cost a lot to raise, so he has to work longer and more then the
normal person / man would have to !

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes of course ! But my son the Father of these children does go and preach when ever
he can.... There is a new building that some one is renting ?! ? and we go to church there
now, since its the closes one........ and either this week or next week he is going to
preach. I would guess if he were not so busy,,,, he would try and do this more often.
But,,,, 8 children do cost a lot to raise, so he has to work longer and more then the

Eight Children surely is a houseful to keep anyone busy.

You mentioned these are your sons Children and your Grandchildren. Perhaps I missed your post. Does your son and his wife and these children all live with you?

God Bless,
Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have two daughters and a son and seven grandchildren ranging in age from thirty to two. One of my daughters is 'borderline' Christians - been confirmed as an adult and attends church sometimes - but none of the others even believe in God. So yes I pray for them all. Plus their husbands and partners. It is getting to feel like a bit of a slog though as year after year and they seem no nearer. But hey, Father's in charge. It's his will that counts and it will be in his time if at all.

Reactions: Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eight Children surely is a houseful to keep anyone busy.

You mentioned these are your sons Children and your Grandchildren. Perhaps I missed your post. Does your son and his wife and these children all live with you?

God Bless,
Taken

Just in case she doesn't notice your post...

She moved in with them.
Her daughter in law has taught all the kids Home-School, but some of the older ones are young adults now.

Not sure I'd want to be 83 and living in a house with 13 other people.
She is brave and blessed. :)

Reactions: Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

She moved in with them.
Her daughter in law has taught all the kids Home-School, but some of the older ones are young adults now.

Ha, no. One other person can sometimes feel too crowded. :)

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

She moved in with them.

Thanks. WOW! Ditto.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep!!!!!
My husband must have know it was his turn to go home, so he moved us into our
sons place,,, he also paid to add on to the house, so that was nice for all of us........

They are all gone now,,,,,,,,,,,, with my son at work,,, and now all the children are
gone and my daughter in law,,,,,, the base ball has started and they are either
there helping or watching or practicing.......

I'm not ready yet to go sit out side and freeze,,, so I am home alone..
But , soon as the weather gets a little warmer I will go.
I went to the foot ball games a few times...... so I know what it feels like to be
sitting out side in the cold. We had blankets to sit on and cover up with.
They were really needed.........
Well,,,, I think some of them will be home in a few min. so I am going to
stop on the computer now..........