You may never have contemplated this before, sin and perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All humans alive today have inherited sin, and it is very easy, in fact our natural inclination is to sin. Although that is a Biblical fact, the following is strictly an opinion which may be correct or not. Have you ever considered that as easy as it is for us to sin, it was that difficult for Adam to. His natural inclination would have been to do right, as it would have been with Eve as well.

This may be difficult to grasp, as 2 out of three humans sinned, one by deception the other by choice. And consider that aprox 33% of spirit beings sinned as well. This is by no means an excuse to sin, while it is unavoidable, Jehovah expects us to do our best at choosing to obey Him. If sin presents itself to you in whatever challenge you face, know this, Jehovah will make the way out for you, all you have to do is take it. 1 Cor 10:13

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is people have their own definition of sin rather than a biblical definition of sin.

Too many are not reading their Bibles frequently enough to even consider a life without sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is people have their own definition of sin rather than a biblical definition of sin.

To many are not reading their Bibles frequently enough to even consider a life without sin.

You're wrong and your English is sloppy.

Reactions: mailmandan

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop posting here?

Mine was the first reply in a NEW thread.

Why don’t you stop posting here or reply to the OP?

For Goodness sake!

You wrote "Go back to the other thread if you want to continue to badger me."

Again, stop posting here and I won't reply to you here!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All humans alive today have inherited sin, and it is very easy, in fact our natural inclination is to sin. Although that is a Biblical fact, the following is strictly an opinion which may be correct or not. Have you ever considered that as easy as it is for us to sin, it was that difficult for Adam to. His natural inclination would have been to do right, as it would have been with Eve as well.

This may be difficult to grasp, as 2 out of three humans sinned, one by deception the other by choice. And consider that aprox 33% of spirit beings sinned as well. This is by no means an excuse to sin, while it is unavoidable, Jehovah expects us to do our best at choosing to obey Him. If sin presents itself to you in whatever challenge you face, know this, Jehovah will make the way out for you, all you have to do is take it. 1 Cor 10:13
My own opinion is that in the beginning we (you and I) had no desire to sin. But at some point, we all made the wrong choice - perhaps Satan tempted us to do that. When we made a wrong choice, we created a desire to sin again. And the more we sinned, the stronger that desire became. The sooner we stop sinning, the better, because sin brings with it unpleasant results. And I think the desire to sin will disappear over time.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Too many are not reading their Bibles frequently enough to even consider a life without sin.
How do you define sin Mick?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own opinion is that in the beginning we (you and I) had no desire to sin. But at some point, we all made the wrong choice - perhaps Satan tempted us to do that. When we made a wrong choice, we created a desire to sin again. And the more we sinned, the stronger that desire became. The sooner we stop sinning, the better, because sin brings with it unpleasant results. And I think the desire to sin will disappear over time.

I hope so Bob, but it plagues me constantly now. I do think you are correct however, but it is yet a millennium away before those bad desires are eliminated I believe.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know how often people are reading their Bibles? You're making a judgement with no actual basis.

BTW, do you consider yourself sinless? I'm sure you know that judging others, especially those whom you've never met, is a sin.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t.

I adhere to the biblical definition:

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (1 John 3:4)

Sin is a lot more than transgression of the law. If it isn't, then those not under the law -- Christians -- can never sin.

Romans 7:21-23, "So, I find the law that when I want to do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God in my inner being. But I see a different law in my members waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that is in my members." Here Paul says that the law of sin is in his members.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here Paul says that the law of sin is in his members.

When you are in the flesh and not saved, yes:

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.” (Romans 7:5)

But Christians are in the Spirit:

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are in the flesh and not saved, yes:

“For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.” (Romans 7:5)

But Christians are in the Spirit:

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24)

I agree, but you're changing the subject. You said that sin is the transgression of the law, and now you're contradicting your earlier post.