You may never have contemplated this before, sin and perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There are two types of sin. Every believer will commit sin, no matter how much they do not want to, for no one can perfectly obey the letter of the law. Hence:
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us 1John1:8
Your christian life can generally reflect your born again desire to live as God wants you to live, but perfection will always be out of reach.
However, there is also sin viewed in a different way:

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. Rom6:6&7
Paul states if you are a slave to sin it leads to death(rom6:16.) But in the above he tells us his definition of being a slave to sin. Being ruled by sin. In other words, sin dominates your life and you live a lifestyle of sin. Two completely different ways to view sin. John agrees:
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 1John3:9
So if we understand the two ways we are to view sin, 1John 1:8&1John3:9 do not contradict each other. Neither does Paul's message. If we really believe Paul is stating in rom ch6 believers will never commit sin of any kind, he would as good as be stating: ''believers will perfectly obey the letter of the law.'' Yet Paul states: The letter kills 2Cor3:6

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us 1John1:8

The most abused scripture by sin promoters.

This verse applies to the lost, for:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

And the cleansed believers who are born again:

“…doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Now if we force it and willfully commit sin:

“…after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The most abused scripture by sin promoters.

This verse applies to the lost, for:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

And the cleansed believers who are born again:

“…doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

Now if we force it and willfully commit sin:

“…after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)
To never commit sin would mean for example perfectly obeying the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but you and God need know you break. No man perfectly obeys that law. And, if you never committed sin, you would never have any regrets, and nothing to ever tell God you were sorry for. Best not to dumb the law of God down from the pristene level it is set at, to a place you kid yourself you perfectly obey it

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best not to dumb the law of God down from the pristene level it is set at, to a place you kid yourself you perfectly obey it

Keeping on sinning is okay with you.

Stopping to sin is foolishness.

That make sense to you?

Don’t you know that born again believers do this:

“…we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

We do not establish sin!

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Keeping on sinning is okay with you.

Stopping to sin is foolishness.

That make sense to you?

Don’t you know that born again believers do this:

“…we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31)

We do not establish sin!
Do you perfectly obey the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but you and God need know you break? Do you claim that?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you perfectly obey the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but you and God need know you break? Do you claim that?

I gave clear Bible passages that are clear.

There’s no debate here.

I’m tired of the “well do you… blah blah” questions.

You chose wether or not you are going to obey the scriptures or not.

I adhere to the scriptures. But Your adherence to God should not depend on wether others adhere to it or not.

Last edited:

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I gave clear Bible passages that are clear.

There’s no debate here.

I’m tired of the “well do you… blah blah” questions.

You chose wether or not you are going to obeying the scriptures or not.

I adhere to the scriptures. But Your adherence to God should not depend on wether others adhere to it or not.
So you couldnt answer my question could you. If you perfectly adhered to the scriptures you would have replied YES

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So answer the question. Do you claim to perfectly obey the law relating to the inner man, the law no one but you and God need know you break? Do you claim that?

“…I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again?” (John 9:27)

Will you stop sinning?

Look at how God dealt with his people of old that went on sinning and ignored his prophets.

You’ve been warned.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
“…I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again?” (John 9:27)

Will you stop sinning?

Look at how God dealt with his people of old that went on sinning and ignored his prophets.

You’ve been warned.
You obviously cannot plainly answer the question can you, and it is obvious why. Be very careful of what you demand of others:
The measure you use to judge others WILL be used to judge you Matt7:2
So I guess, if you want to enter heaven, you will have to live a sinless life on this earth. Perfection!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you want to enter heaven, you will have to live a sinless life on this earth. Perfection!

After Christ cleansed you that’s the LEAST you can do!

Because no sinners will be accepted in the Kingdom of God, not the unbelievers nor the believers who went on sinning!

“…depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.” (Luke 13:27)

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
After Christ cleansed you that’s the LEAST you can do!

Because no sinners will be accepted in the Kingdom of God, not the unbelievers nor the believers who went on sinning!

“…depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.” (Luke 13:27)
Unfortunately you are quoting the letter without understanding the message the letter contains. You commit sin, if you don't know you do, you are in a lot of trouble.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You commit sin, if you don't know you do, you are in a lot of trouble.

I’m in good company!

It means I am born again!

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” (1 John 3:9)

You are in error. You can’t even lean on scripture to back up your error.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I’m in good company!

It means I am born again!

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” (1 John 3:9)

You are in error. You can’t even lean on scripture to back up your error.
I am not going to waste my time with you anymore. You quote the letter without discernment. I already covered 1John3:9 in my first post.
Incidentally, the worst sinners I have met in christendom are those who like to tell you they obey the ten commandments/stress they do not commit sin. Goodbye

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the worst sinners I have met in christendom are those who like to tell you they obey the ten commandments/stress they do not commit

Yeah, not the ones who keep sinning!

LOL!!!

That makes a lot of sense!

With that kind of logic no wonder the Bible becomes of no effect unto you.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, not the ones who keep sinning!

LOL!!!

That makes a lot of sense!

With that kind of logic no wonder the Bible becomes of no effect unto you.
You don't understand the bible. You are limited to just quoting the random letter of it as the pharisees of Jesus day did. That's not enough to understand the message.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul stated: The letter(of the law) kills 2Cor3:6 PRESENT TENSE. He wrote that to born again christians. However, on the internet people like to proclaim Paul was wrong, the letter of the law does not kill, for they state they can perfectly obey it/not commit any sin

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are limited to just quoting the random letter of it as the pharisees of Jesus day did

Wrong.

But when you quote 1 John 1:8 it is not as the Pharisees did huh?

The Pharisees are on your side!

They made void the scripture to keep their tradition!

You do the same to keep the tradition of Once Saved Always Saved alive!

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wrong.

But when you quote 1 John 1:8 it is not as the Pharisees did huh?

The Pharisees are on your side!

They made void the scripture to keep their tradition!

You do the same to keep the tradition of Once Saved Always Saved alive!
Paul stated: The letter(of the law) kills 2Cor3:6 PRESENT TENSE. He wrote that to born again christians. However, on the internet people like to proclaim Paul was wrong, the letter of the law does not kill, for they state they can perfectly obey it/not commit any sin