You must be born again through water baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new birth happens through baptism.

Galatians 3:26-27 King James Version (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For(BECAUSE) as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ(THE SON OF GOD).

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead: Which is to say, through the faith of the Resurrection, which is the operation(work) of God.

And so being raised with him through baptism the scripture below is applied, that is the day they were begotten of God: Children of the Resurrection: born from the dead.

Acts 13:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

As it is written:

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: BECAUSE no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the SPIRIT of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of THE WOMB and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the SPIRIT of God.

That which is born of A WOMAN is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit: YOU CANNOT TELL THAT THEY ARE FROM HEAVEN AND THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HEAVEN.
Your dissertation shows that you do not even understand what being born again is...and yet you proclaim untruth, as if it were the truth.

The scriptures you quoted tell it just fine: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit." But you say just the opposite, that one who is born of "water" baptism is born of the spirit. But no one is born of water baptism, only of the flesh and of the spirit.

Your words are against Christ.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I don't mind it in the Debate section...and that is really where 'arguments' belong. It when there is a nice friendly thread bobbing along well, people disagreeing in a good spirit... then bam, in jumps someone who is always argumentative and changes the whole feeling of the thread.
That makes me sad. :oops:
I agree.
I hope I don't do this.
At least not on a continuous basis....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodsGrace @Lady Crosstalk @"ByGrace"
I go to and enjoy Baptists, Pentecostals, Catholic, Nondenominationals, Lutheren, Church of God, the Moravian church out east, and others, so you would think that I could get along with just about anybody. But Noooooooo! I come here and you got people that think that a God that damns people before they are born, and with no sin on their account, throws them in hell, is the thing to believe. And they bend their knee to that god. So matter how tolerable and flexible you are.....there is someone that can tax that.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You wrote a lot LC,
but my reply is going to be very short because I agree with everything you've said.
I even can agree about eternal security by the way that you describe it.
I also believe we need to be secure in our salvation.

The church I used to go to dedicated babies to God.
I understand they now also baptize them...not sure.

Thanks for such a nice reply.

You're welcome! :)

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I go to and enjoy Baptists, Pentecostals, Catholic, Nondenominationals, Lutheren, Church of God, the Moravian church out east, and others, so you would think that I could get along with just about anybody. But Noooooooo! I come here and you got people that think that a God that damns people before they are born, and with no sin on their account, throws them in hell, is the thing to believe. And they bend their knee to that god. So matter how tolerable and flexible you are.....there is someone that can tax that.
Hi GH,,,
We don't have so many of those persons here...
If you want to get high blood pressure you could try a couple of other sites.
One is DEDICATED to calvinists.
I got banned because I'm not one...and I treat everyone nicely as long as they treat me nicely.

We're pretty good here.
Be happy.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think that when the Book of Jude advises us to "earnestly contend for the faith" we are to do so--but only on the fundamental doctrines, without which, we can not come to an understanding of what comprises saving faith. In other non-salvific issues (e.g. "pre-Trib, "post-Trib" or "mid-Trib") it is important to "disagree agreeably" as Helen says. The Scriptures tell us, "As far as depends on you, be at peace with all men [and women]." It is a delicate balancing act, for sure. We need to study fundamental doctrines thoroughly so that we will know when they are being attacked. The enemy of our souls is a master of subtlety at times.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree.
I hope I don't do this.
At least not on a continuous basis....

It is for sure difficult to restrain one's inner angst when basic beliefs are challenged--especially when we believe that the Bible supports those beliefs. That is why I believe that it is important to stay in dialogue until differences can be ironed out. One of the problems in politics today is that the left and right are so insular. They only listen to those with whom they agree.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is for sure difficult to restrain one's inner angst when basic beliefs are challenged--especially when we believe that the Bible supports those beliefs. That is why I believe that it is important to stay in dialogue until differences can be ironed out. One of the problems in politics today is that the left and right are so insular. They only listen to those with whom they agree.
I agree.
I stay pretty calm. No use in getting all bent out of shape.
But when I hear some tell me they saved NO MATTER WHAT,,,it does get me
a bit upset. They are living under a false pretense and don't even know it.
I also worry about those reading along.

A person on another forum said he could blaspheme the Holy Spirit and still be saved.

I wish I could find this because I know not all will believe this.
Which is the same as saying I'm lying...
But, I guess we don't know each other well enough.
But you could take my word for this....
If you trust it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

A person on another forum said he could blaspheme the Holy Spirit and still be saved.

If you trust it.

Hear this! GodsGrace, you are saved and will remain that way! You hear me?

Reactions: GodsGrace

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree.

If you trust it.

I believe you. I have seen all manner of kooky theology on Christian websites (including aberrant, non-Biblical "theology" from those who should know better--Andy Stanley comes to mind).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is why I believe that it is important to stay in dialogue until differences can be ironed out.
That will rarely happen, as you will note on many threads. Indeed, differences become entrenched as those with unbiblical ideas continue to double down on their nonsense.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That will rarely happen, as you will note on many threads. Indeed, differences become entrenched as those with unbiblical ideas continue to double down on their nonsense.

True. Many of the people with strange theology are members of a cult and they have been "brainwashed" by the cult leaders. It is very difficult to get those individuals to orthodoxy although it does happen sometimes. I was thinking more of those who are logical and reasonable.

Reactions: Grailhunter

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. Many of the people with strange theology are members of a cult and they have been "brainwashed" by the cult leaders. It is very difficult to get those individuals to orthodoxy although it does happen sometimes. I was thinking more of those who are logical and reasonable.
So then do we suppose it would work for all those who are logical and reasonable to join in a petition to the moderators to have all of those who are illogical and unreasonable banned?

Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then do we suppose it would work for all those who are logical and reasonable to join in a petition to the moderators to have all of those who are illogical and unreasonable banned?

I guess that is how the "report" function is supposed to be used--yes? Most of the time they are simply an annoyance and if everyone ignores them, they will likely go away. They apparently just want attention. Good advice: "Don't feed the trolls." That's the first rule for dealing with obnoxious online posters. If they are really out of line, it is best to report them and let the moderators deal with them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that is how the "report" function is supposed to be used--yes? Most of the time they are simply an annoyance and if everyone ignores them, they will likely go away. They apparently just want attention. Good advice: "Don't feed the trolls." That's the first rule for dealing with obnoxious online posters. If they are really out of line, it is best to report them and let the moderators deal with them.
Perhaps it is not the ideal answer we'd like to have, but we are not ideal people and we are in a less than an ideal place, so when it comes down to it, then the "report" button is waiting to be pushed.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's one option. Just kidding. The other option would be to have a section titled "BIZARRE POSTS" and isolate them by moving them over to the Bizarre Bazaar.:cool: