You must be born again through water baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If your doctrine was indeed God's then you would agree with God and Christ as to the basis of New Birth.

The New Birth is supernatural and requires two things (1) the Gospel which is the power of God unto salvation, and is also called "the incorruptible seed" of the New Birth, and (2) the regenerating power of God the Holy Spirit.

Therefore those who are born again are (1) born from above, (2) born of the Spirit, and (3) born of God.

ORDINARY WATER HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE NEW BIRTH.
I agree with you E.
But answer me this:
Why was baptism such a big issue back then?
Jesus said we need to be baptized when He taught the Apostles how to preach in Mathew 28:19.

We read in Acts the baptism of the Holy Spirit...Acts 2.
There are so many verse,,,I could list them but I think you know what I'm asking.

IOW, I don't believe baptism saves us (and neither does the CC BTW) but I DO believe we are to be baptized at some point.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have invited you to cite what you call the "Commandments of Christ"--when are you going to cite them? When are you going to stop attacking other believers?
This is just the thing, you are not believers. And as the law of Moses is fulfilled by love so is the law of Christ. And this is what love looks like:

Leviticus 19:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise(WAY) rebuke(CORRECT) thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

And my brethren are those that can hear the truth.

Reactions: friend of

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This is just the thing, you are not believers. And as the law of Moses is fulfilled by love so is the law of Christ. And this is what love looks like:

Leviticus 19:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise(WAY) rebuke(CORRECT) thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

And my brethren are those that can hear the truth.
Hey TW,
I don't care to scold newcomers.
But you're doing the exact thing that you reject in others.

How do YOU know who is a believer and who is not?
Did Jesus go on vacation and He left YOU in charge?

Jesus will judge us...not you.

Your brethren, IF you're a Christian, are those that love Jesus
as you do...NOT those that YOU determine are not believers.

BTW...have you found a forum yet whose members agree with EVERYTHING you state?

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey TW,
I don't care to scold newcomers.
But you're doing the exact thing that you reject in others.

How do YOU know who is a believer and who is not?
Did Jesus go on vacation and He left YOU in charge?

Jesus will judge us...not you.

Your brethren, IF you're a Christian, are those that love Jesus
as you do...NOT those that YOU determine are not believers.

BTW...have you found a forum yet whose members agree with EVERYTHING you state?
My doctrine is only offensive to unbelievers.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But answer me this:
Christian baptism has TREMENDOUS spiritual implications, and that is why it was a commandment of Christ. See Romans 6 for details.

1. It tells the whole world that a former sinner -- perhaps a criminal or evildoer -- has totally turned his back on his former evil life, and will be under the total authority of Christ. Hence death, burial, and resurrection as symbolized in baptism by full immersion. That he is dead to sin and alive to God.

2. It is the first step of obedience and submission to God and Christ for one who was an enemy of God and an alien from Christ. Obedience to the Gospel is immediately followed by obedience to Christ's command. That is why in the book of Acts, Christian baptism was almost immediately after conversion (and that truth has been generally lost in Evangelicalism).

3. It tells the whole world that this person has been "raised to walk in newness of life" by the symbolic resurrection from water. Which means that the former sinner has renounced the world, the flesh, and the devil. And as we see from some ancient Christian writings, this was in fact how new converts were baptized while speaking out their renunciation.

4. It gives the believer an opportunity to "confess with his mouth the Lord Jesus". That (just like the Ethiopian with Philip) he believes with all his heart that Jesus is the Son of God (God manifest in the flesh) and that he has received Him as both Lord and Christ. Philip insisted that only upon such confession of faith could this man be baptized.

5. Baptism also symbolizes the inner washing with the blood of Christ and the Holy Spirit. As Ananias told Paul "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." Obviously, water does not -- and cannot -- wash away sins and guilt.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with you E.
But answer me this:
Jesus said we need to be baptized when He taught the Apostles how to preach in Mathew 28:19.

We read in Acts the baptism of the Holy Spirit...Acts 2.
There are so many verse,,,I could list them but I think you know what I'm asking.

IOW, I don't believe baptism saves us (and neither does the CC BTW) but I DO believe we are to be baptized at some point.

Baptism is one's obedient response to faith. I have seen "converts" sometimes refuse baptism. Often, I think it is because they had an incomplete "conversion".

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point out one thing that I said which is incorrect. You are evidently a self-important, windbag. Or, alternatively, you are a bot set up here by those who hold allegiance to the evil one. You are quite obviously trying to confuse Christians. Are you being paid?

Never know what the "wind" will blow in...sometimes it is fresh air, sometimes it is someone who puts him or herself in the position of God. They "know" your heart???! Critical, unteachable, unkind and hugely presumptuous are they. People like this must be very miserable.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering if "The Wind" is a bot troll. He/she gives stock "answers" and refuses to engage any points made against his/her postings. We are likely dealing with a bot troll, sent here by the evil one or his minions.

Oh gosh! Never knew there were bot trolls, lol!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh gosh! Never knew there were bot trolls, lol!

They are all over comment forums these days--trying to influence opinion. There is also extreme censorship of conservative thought--especially evangelical Christian conservative thought. Reminds me of the slogan of certain religious/radical political groups who have said, "First we go after the 'Saturday scum' and then we go after the 'Sunday people'". These groups have a LOT of money to spend and have an agenda that matches the evil one's agenda.

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are all over comment forums these days--trying to influence opinion. There is also extreme censorship of conservative thought--especially evangelical Christian conservative thought. Reminds me of the slogan of certain religious/radical political groups who have said, "First we go after the 'Saturday scum' and then we go after the 'Sunday people'". These groups have a LOT of money to spend and have an agenda that matches the evil one's agenda.

Well, Satan is the prince of this world and, there can't be one thing he doesn't have his influence in. His evil has infiltrated the world, and so many people have no idea how he works. Even Christians which is disturbing. If the elect can be deceived (if possible) by false Christs and false prophets then, how much easier to be fooled and sucked into this worlds system? I bet Satan just loves the internet.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Baptism is one's obedient response to faith. I have seen "converts" sometimes refuse baptism. Often, I think it is because they had an incomplete "conversion".
I see. I've never seen this refusal.
My brother, who changed denominations, was asked to be baptized AGAIN,,,and he agreed after much thought.

I believe this was wrong. We re baptized into Christ NOT a denomination.
Also, the ECFs believed baptism removed sins. This is what was believed.
But they also taught that we are to obey God for salvation.
To them both were necessary.

I would tend to agree with you.
If one refuses baptism...he might not be really converted.
I say MIGHT because only God can know for sure.