Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it was in another thread responding to folks who are trying to say "OSAS" is not biblical, who think we can lose our salvation. Anyway, thanks for the remembrance.

Up to now, I don't think I've responded to this thread, so I will... There are so many that I would consider favorites. Psalm 1, 4, 8, 16, 23, 34, 37, 98 (which was read in my wedding), 103, 121, 139... my goodness. :) Okay, three:

tattered-psalm.jpg

psalm-37-pg-1-trilby-cole.jpg

il_570xN.1936160585_rsmu.jpg

Guess I have to put this one in there, too, because we had it read at our wedding:

images
@PinSeeker From what you say about your wedding, I'm guessing that you and your wife enjoy reading the Psalms together - my wife and I certainly do.... :)

(Thanks for the contribs.)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't Christ slain from the creation as per Revelation 13:8? How could they not know Christ?

Was it moral for Adam and Eve to be unclothed in God's most holy presence?
Can I say to you @Saved Christian :
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

It's far more uplifting and encouraging than dwelling on who did or didn't break the moral law. That is not our job, just leave it to God.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dudes. Maybe you should take this argument over to the Christian Debate subforum. This thread is about the great Psalms and which ones are people's "faves." Why is it so hard to keep a thread in an edifying light rather than descend into quarreling and disagreements? Come on.

Grace and peace to you all. Especially grace. :)

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@PinSeeker From what you say about your wedding, I'm guessing that you and your wife enjoy reading the Psalms together - my wife and I certainly do.... :)
Yes sir. And through them (and other scripture) God strengthens our marriage and helps us to love Him together better and to love each other better. Which I'm sure he does for you and your wife also. Covenant marriage is a great thing... a gift from the Lord.

Grace and peace to you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
there are so many ..

here is one of my favorites

Psalms 66:4

""All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name""

Reactions: farouk