Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, Jesus was our Great High Priest, touched with the feeling of our infirmities. Everything we've ever felt, He has felt. He took the cup. He even experienced rejection and the absence of His Father's presence.

Matthew 27:45-46
[45]Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
[46]And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice
, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Indeed; and the Psalms and Isaiah so graphically and accurately foretell His sufferings.........

Reactions: amigo de christo

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are words I live by. I have "Psalms 23" Tattooed on my rib. I have been helplessless mentally many times. Homeless, and stuck in a living situation i didnt want to be in multiple times, but i've always kept my thoughts with God and i've somehow still survived. I'm in a good situation now, living with co-workers. Been here about a month now. Been at this job 2 years now. I've learned to let go of things materially and not be attached to people and live a simple life.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Reactions: Lambano and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Thanks, @AceWestfall08 ; a wonderful Psalm; thanks for your contribution!

Good to see you on the forums...........

Psalm 23 ties in with the Good Shepherd passage in John 10 and the doxology in Hebrews 13.20.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@AceWestfall08

Psalms-23-4-KJV-Yea-though-I-walk-through-the-valley-of-the-I19023004-L01-TH.jpg
scripture-images dot com

Reactions: Lambano

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
45 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;

11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.

13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.

14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.

15 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.

16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, My fave Psalm is being 119 right now, as I'm examining the various benefits of internalizing God's Word.

Much love!
Such a lot in 119!

All the sections - marked by letters of the Hebrew alphabet - seem to be about the Word, God's statutes, or similar term.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a lot in 119!

All the sections - marked by letters of the Hebrew alphabet - seem to be about the Word, God's statutes, or similar term.
I think some of the sections are of Jesus in His time on earth. And a lot of it is about how to go about renewing the mind.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may be my least favorite thread because it is the hardest! I love the Psalms...all of them! I've put many to music that I sing and play constantly. I always go back to Psalm 23. I could've written it myself as I've lived it.
"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6b

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This may be my least favorite thread because it is the hardest! I love the Psalms...all of them! I've put many to music that I sing and play constantly. I always go back to Psalm 23. I could've written it myself as I've lived it.
"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6b
@Truman Ties in also with the Good Shepherd passage in John 10....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
45 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

10 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;

11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

12 And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.

13 The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.

14 She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.

15 With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.

16 Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.

17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.
Thanks @AceWestfall08 ; great Psalm there, and partly quoted in Hebrews 1.