Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 33:19
to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine

I like the fact that he will keep us alive in famine. I foresee famine in the future.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite Psalm is #23. I just recently read it in five different translations, along with interpretation and commentary. It describes trust in God and faith better than anything else!

Reactions: farouk

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD the Keeper of Israel.
Psa 121:1, [[A Song of degrees.]] I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Psa 121:2, My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Psa 121:3, He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Psa 121:4, Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Psa 121:5, The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
Psa 121:6, The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
Psa 121:7, The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
Psa 121:8, The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD Surrounds His People.
Psa 125:1, [[A Song of degrees.]] They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.
Psa 125:2, As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
Psa 125:3, For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.
Psa 125:4, Do good, O LORD, unto those that be good, and to them that are upright in their hearts.
Psa 125:5, As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the LORD shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The LORD, a Provider and Deliverer.
Psa 34:1, [[A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed.]] I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psa 34:2, My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
Psa 34:3, O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Psa 34:4, I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psa 34:5, They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
Psa 34:6, This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
Psa 34:7, The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Psa 34:8, O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psa 34:9, O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
Psa 34:10, The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
Psa 34:11, Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Psa 34:12, What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
Psa 34:13, Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
Psa 34:14, Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
Psa 34:15, The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
Psa 34:16, The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
Psa 34:17, The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18, The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19, Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psa 34:20, He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
Psa 34:21, Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psa 34:22, The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer for Rescue from Enemies.
Psa 35:1, [[A Psalm of David.]] Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Psa 35:2, Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Psa 35:3, Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Psa 35:4, Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Psa 35:5, Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Psa 35:6, Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
Psa 35:7, For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
Psa 35:8, Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
Psa 35:9, And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

(Psalm continues to verse 28).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalms_19-1.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine or one of them has to be Psalm 23: :)

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

One would think I would have noticed a 65 page thread that's been going since 2018, LoL.

Mine is similar. Not much of a Psalm guy, but Psalm 1 contains similar elements to Psalm 23:

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6 For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.