Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Surprisingly, it’s been years since we’ve read the Bible together. She has her devotional time and I have mine.
Well I'm sure for her it's great that she reads the Scriptures. (You told me a bit about her interest in tattoos and jewelry; but I didn't know about her Bible reading habit; Isaiah 55.11).

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 100:1-5
[1](A Psalm of praise.) Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
[2]Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
[3]Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
[4]Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
[5]For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Reactions: Lambano and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalm 100:1-5
[1](A Psalm of praise.) Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
[2]Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
[3]Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
[4]Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
[5]For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
@TLHKAJ
3366.jpg

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Saw your post on the other thread about Psalms; so any further comment here? :)

with so many pages this psalm maybe has been mentioned, maybe several times. But it is one that was on my heart the other night.
Especially the boldened part.

Psalm 112:1-10 Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that fears the Lord, that delights greatly in his commandments. [2] His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. [3] Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endures for ever. [4] Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. [5] A good man shows favour, and lends: he will guide his affairs with discretion. [6] Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. [7] He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. [8] His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. [9] He has dispersed, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour. [10] The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
with so many pages this psalm maybe has been mentioned, maybe several times. But it is one that was on my heart the other night.
Especially the boldened part.

Psalm 112:1-10 Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that fears the Lord, that delights greatly in his commandments. [2] His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. [3] Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endures for ever. [4] Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. [5] A good man shows favour, and lends: he will guide his affairs with discretion. [6] Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. [7] He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. [8] His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. [9] He has dispersed, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour. [10] The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.
@VictoryinJesus Great post! :)