Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
c4c5929f8173ff3800980bc67207c975.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalm 100:1-5
[1](A Psalm of praise.) Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
[2]Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
[3]Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
[4]Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
[5]For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Thank-you, @TLHKAJ ...........do keep posting the Scriptures....... :)

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please post more favorite Psalms, ppl...

(cc @Marilyn C )

Hi farouk,

So, my favourite Psalm. mmmmm

My husband`s is Ps. 121.

`I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD who made heaven and earth.`

My favourite Psalm is - Ps. 2 at this time as it is right on for the situation that is mounting now.

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His anointed, saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us."

Marilyn.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi farouk,

So, my favourite Psalm. mmmmm

My husband`s is Ps. 121.

`I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD who made heaven and earth.`

My favourite Psalm is - Ps. 2 at this time as it is right on for the situation that is mounting now.

`Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against His anointed, saying, "Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us."

Marilyn.
@Marilyn C Thank-you! I guess the common theme for you guys there would be: keep looking up! "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12.2)...... :)

Reactions: Marilyn C

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@farouk I think it is impossible to have a particular favourite as there are so many which minister to our souls in different ways on different days and in different circumstances. I have liked this one for many years as I 'heard' it loud and clear at a difficult time.
OIP.Yz3MoPrC569l1oWvX4XKuQHaFw

Reactions: Lambano and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk I think it is impossible to have a particular favourite as there are so many which minister to our souls in different ways on different days and in different circumstances. I have liked this one for many years as I 'heard' it loud and clear at a difficult time.
OIP.Yz3MoPrC569l1oWvX4XKuQHaFw
Hi @Pearl Psalm 27.1 there is on Oxford University's arms in Latin: Dominus illuminatio mea... :)